Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel quantity indication issue 07 Response

I am troubleshooting a fuel qty issue on my 07 response, Gen 2 pump assy. After changing a fuel press reg, which involved several disc/reconnect's of the pump assy loom plug, I now have no fuel qty. Indicates empty.

I have used the setup pages on the instrument panel and the qty indicator does read zero, mid and full when commanded. The indicator does move momentarily during ignition power up. Pump assy plug is A-Blk, B-Blk, C-Red, D-Red. I would like to insert some resistors at the disc plug to simulate zero and full (Assume from other posts 33 & 230 ohms) from the sender end. Would prefer to know which pins are pump and which are fuel qty transducer prior to this. Trial by spark is not my preferred method at this time. My multi-meter was no help either.

Never had a fuel qty issue prior. Unfortunately I cannot remove the pump assy for inspection as the high pressure delivery line (semi rigid line) elbow cir-clip is rusted in and I don't have access to  a new1.5" circlip at this point.

Wiring diagram or any other tips would be great. Currently using the keep it full method/hope for the best method.