Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Domed Numbers

MalibuBuzz

i have the domed number. they are silver with black outline... sorry i do not have any pics right now. Biggrin.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• areamike

• MalibuBuzz

• doughickey

• WakeGirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BAH...forget it. I'm done trying to get domednumbers to match my logo.

They say if it doesn't match, they will send me a new set? Well, I don't have time for the ..."let's see if we can get this right" game.

And to think so many people had nothing but good things to say about domednumber.com...well, I'm not one of them now. Keep it!

I understand where you're coming from, believe me. I have several companies, one in particular that I've been a loyal customer to until very recently. I've lost enough confidence in them that I've given up & moved on. So believe me I understand. Heck, when I went to order my numbers from Eric I was going for a match for the new font along with something different to match my coloring. I waited a looooooong time to get even a mock-up & then what I did get I reallly didn't like. I almost bailed on them, but ended up ordering my numbers from their stock fonts & colors, & have been very happy with them (as I was with the previous set on the previous boat).

So I'm making no excuses for them, they definitely have some issues & growing pains to get through. What I'm curious about is what logo you're trying to match? They have a very, very close font that works well with the big MALIBU on the side of the boat, & it wouldn't surprise me if you weren't advised of that.

Thanks Wakegirl. I appreciate your comments. For what it is worth I think I will give them one shot. They say they have a 100% guarantee, so we shall see. They are matching the font perfectly, it just looks like in the mock-up that the color of the shadow is WAY OFF. I'm supposed to call Shelly on her cell phone this morning and order. I'll give them one chance....and hopefully...fingers crossed. Whistling.gif

BAH...forget it. I'm done trying to get domednumbers to match my logo.

They say if it doesn't match, they will send me a new set? Well, I don't have time for the ..."let's see if we can get this right" game.

And to think so many people had nothing but good things to say about domednumber.com...well, I'm not one of them now. Keep it!

I understand where you're coming from, believe me. I have several companies, one in particular that I've been a loyal customer to until very recently. I've lost enough confidence in them that I've given up & moved on. So believe me I understand. Heck, when I went to order my numbers from Eric I was going for a match for the new font along with something different to match my coloring. I waited a looooooong time to get even a mock-up & then what I did get I reallly didn't like. I almost bailed on them, but ended up ordering my numbers from their stock fonts & colors, & have been very happy with them (as I was with the previous set on the previous boat).

So I'm making no excuses for them, they definitely have some issues & growing pains to get through. What I'm curious about is what logo you're trying to match? They have a very, very close font that works well with the big MALIBU on the side of the boat, & it wouldn't surprise me if you weren't advised of that.

Thanks Wakegirl. I appreciate your comments. For what it is worth I think I will give them one shot. They say they have a 100% guarantee, so we shall see. They are matching the font perfectly, it just looks like in the mock-up that the color of the shadow is WAY OFF. I'm supposed to call Shelly on her cell phone this morning and order. I'll give them one chance....and hopefully...fingers crossed. Whistling.gif

First - Domed Numbers has great customer service and an even better product.

Second – The two of you are complaining because, Domed Numbers is going out of their way to accomidate you on a custom order and by the sounds of it they are not charging you for all the extra time they are spending.

I ordered these for my current boat and will order again for my next boat, you can not go wrong with Domed Numbers!

Second – The two of you are complaining because, Domed Numbers is going out of their way to accommodate you on a custom order and by the sounds of it they are not charging you for all the extra time they are spending.

Lastly - THEY COST over 80 DOLLARS Crazy.gif . hence the somewhat obvious hesitation no matter how much time it takes them to type a 3 line email and mock up something in Adobe in 2 minutes. Just want them to be right. I am really banking on everyone here to be honest. If it wasn't for all of the positive things said about domednumbers here at the Malibu crew, I would have never even thought about ordering these... Biggrin.gif

thanks

Second - The two of you are complaining because, Domed Numbers is going out of their way to accomidate you on a custom order and by the sounds of it they are not charging you for all the extra time they are spending.

I ordered these for my current boat and will order again for my next boat, you can not go wrong with Domed Numbers!

Don't get me wrong, my comments weren't meant as a complaint, even if they came off that way (& I'm not sure that I ever said that they don't back up their work with good CS - my comments about losing faith in companies was related to other businesses). I think that it's pretty much the same with any company, if you ask them to go outside of the box then be prepared for a little extra time/work. I wasn't prepared for that, especially when they told me that what I was asking for was in the works (it literally took months to get something from them). That's okay, I'm happy with what I ended up ordering from them & the experience wouldn't keep me from doing business with them again. My observations are just that they seem to be very disorganized & very busy - not a good combination in business. That being the case, it would seem that they shouldn't be openly advertising that they can do custom work if they're having so much trouble delivering on that promise. But that's JMO & in the end they have a right to run their business how they want.

Just got off phone with Shelly. She was very nice. Said she saw a boat the other day that had the same logo as mine and she believes the chrome/gold shadow will work right. If it isn't right she said they will re-do them, no problem.

Also, I gave props to the crew and she gave me a 10 dollar discount and free shipping. Nice. Thumbup.gif

We'll see sometime next week how they look.

I think one of their problems is that the Domed numbers is not their main business. The numbers side has continued to take off and is getting to where it is becoming a bigger part of their business. They are continuing to add time and labor because of it. When they have to do custom work, it can be very time consuming and trying to get a customer's ideas matched with the designer's ideas, many time over the phone or emails, it gets difficult at best. When you are just wanting "in stock" numbers it is not as hard to make the transaction go well. Most of the complaints I have heard about the company were from people trying to get something custom. Eric and his company have always seemed to be very concerned about the customer's wants and tried to make them happy. I referred some business to them from my son's company and they continue to do a great job for them for production labeling.

I ordered a set for my boat when it was new.The set ordered was red w/ chrome outline. They sent the first set red w/gold outline. They looked very nice and the gold added an extra kick. Only problem was they didn't match anything on the boat. I called him and he sent me the correct colors out very quickly. I still have the first set and can't bring myself to throw them away because they look so good.

Just got mine out of the mail box, They look great. I had them made to match the wakesetter letters on the side of my boat. They are a perfect match with color and chain link backdround as they called it. The contrast to my Reuben colored hull will work great for me. I also had them make me a custom badge that is 4 inch oval in same color and pattern and only charged 6 bucks for it. On top of $79 plus no shipping costs it was only $85 to my door.

Can't wait to put then on. Thanks Domed Letters and Shelly. That is who helped me with my order. Took less than 2 weeks from order to receiving them.

I had a good experience with them and my friend also had a good experience. One of his numbers had a small bubble in it and they sent him a replacement right way.

Edited by JustinOSU

Count me in on the satisfied customer database! Thumbup.gif

VERY happy with the quality and color match on mine! They truly look OEM, I think. Will never put regular flat letters on a boat again.

Rockon.gif

I had a good experience with them and my friend also had a good experience. One of his numbers had a small bubble in it and they sent him a replacement right way.

Ordered a set last Friday and my son just called to tell me they arrived at the house today. One week from order to delivery..that's service! Thumbup.gif

I hope they look as good as the painted numbers they're replacing. ( Due to a nasty scratch on one side I had both CF numbers wet-sanded off. Too bad, because they looked great.)

I ordered them thru Eric and 2 weeks later they were here. There was a small screw up, charging my credit card twice. I called Eric and next billling statment showed a credit. I can't say enough about how great they look. I have other brand boat owners ask me about them all the time.

I ordered them thru Eric and 2 weeks later they were here. There was a small screw up, charging my credit card twice. I called Eric and next billling statment showed a credit. I can't say enough about how great they look. I have other brand boat owners ask me about them all the time.

I had several screw ups from Domed Numbers. First set I ordered came and the colors from the beginning to the end didn't match....it was several different dye lots....looked terrible! I called and they made me two more sets and sent those out. When I put them on the 2nd set at the end the letter was like melted and totally screwed up. I was tired of calling and telling them how crappy a job they were doing and took the last 2 letters from a previous mis-matched set and managed to be lucky enough that those 2 last numbers needed matched the new sets they sent. I have to say that they apparently don't have anyone that checks stuff before they send it out. I do love my domed numbers, but am disappointed that after ordering twice they still couldn't send me a perfect set. When you spend that kind of money, you expect better!

I had several screw ups from Domed Numbers. First set I ordered came and the colors from the beginning to the end didn't match....it was several different dye lots....looked terrible! I called and they made me two more sets and sent those out. When I put them on the 2nd set at the end the letter was like melted and totally screwed up. I was tired of calling and telling them how crappy a job they were doing and took the last 2 letters from a previous mis-matched set and managed to be lucky enough that those 2 last numbers needed matched the new sets they sent. I have to say that they apparently don't have anyone that checks stuff before they send it out. I do love my domed numbers, but am disappointed that after ordering twice they still couldn't send me a perfect set. When you spend that kind of money, you expect better!

I'll have mine in a week, I hope to not have the same experience. Sounds like it was not a good one for you. :unsure:

Got the domed numbers today and they look awesome. Well, other than they are not italic like the malibu logo, nor do they have the same color border as my logo, they look great.

I knew they would screw it up. Cry.gif I need some soup...Cry Baby Soup

Got the domed numbers today and they look awesome. Well, other than they are not italic like the malibu logo, nor do they have the same color border as my logo, they look great.

Call anad complain...I did and they sent me a new set....course the next set was screwed up too, but I did manage to get my set to work for me by using a few letters from a previous screwed up set....if you get enough screwed up sets you might be able to make a complete set that is good...haha.

Call anad complain...I did and they sent me a new set....course the next set was screwed up too, but I did manage to get my set to work for me by using a few letters from a previous screwed up set....if you get enough screwed up sets you might be able to make a complete set that is good...haha.

haha..you laugh and I laugh, but what you say seems to be true...

They will be sending a new set they said... Whistling.gif

I LOVE mine, I have the chrome chainlink that matches the rear malibu domed letters. It looks so awesome, I'll post pictures when I get home.

haha..you laugh and I laugh, but what you say seems to be true...

They will be sending a new set they said... Whistling.gif

I will try to remember to take a pic of mine tomorrow and post.

Installed mine on Tuesday. Ordered them on a Friday and they were delivered one week later. One letter was a little jacked up. Not that noticeable until you get really close. I'll contact Eric and see if he can send me a replacement letter. Otherwise they look great. I'll post a picture when I get back next week.

Installed mine on Tuesday. Ordered them on a Friday and they were delivered one week later. One letter was a little jacked up. Not that noticeable until you get really close. I'll contact Eric and see if he can send me a replacement letter. Otherwise they look great. I'll post a picture when I get back next week.

Ok, I took a couple of pictures of my domed numbers - the color match couldn't have been better! Thumbup.gifThumbup.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...8&members=1

I think back to ALL the stuff I've spent money on for my boat the past 3 years.

The Domed Numbers BY FAR have been the best "Improvement-per-Dollar" item. Nothing else even comes close.

Funny. Every time I wax the boat.... and spend that extra time making sure I don't rub too hard around the domed numbers.... and my fingers feel the slight raise in the lettering through the buffing cloth..... it's like my hands are softly caressing the boat ever so gently.... it just feels so right to have Domed Numbers. They just don't look good, they feel good!

Hmmm.... do you think they would put the above in their ads?

The Domed Numbers BY FAR have been the best "Improvement-per-Dollar" item. Nothing else even comes close.

Funny. Every time I wax the boat.... and spend that extra time making sure I don't rub too hard around the domed numbers.... and my fingers feel the slight raise in the lettering through the buffing cloth..... it's like my hands are softly caressing the boat ever so gently.... it just feels so right to have Domed Numbers. They just don't look good, they feel good!

Hahahaa - that sounded almost obsene!

One thing that concerned me a bit was when I went out to take pics of my numbers, I noticed some portions of the letters weren't stuck down good and it was way too easy to pull off that portion of numbers......anyone have trouble with the numbers not sticking to the boat real good? I am hoping once it gets in the sun it will make them adhere better...

Hahahaa - that sounded almost obsene!

One thing that concerned me a bit was when I went out to take pics of my numbers, I noticed some portions of the letters weren't stuck down good and it was way too easy to pull off that portion of numbers......anyone have trouble with the numbers not sticking to the boat real good? I am hoping once it gets in the sun it will make them adhere better...

Take a heat gun to those spots, it will help to reactivate the stickum that they use. And yes, stickum is a technical term. :lol: I've never had a problem like this with the domed numbers, but I have had this problem with the stock Malibu domed letters. The heat gun usually does the trick, just be careful to not get too aggressive because you can damage them.