Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What hitch to tow a 25 LSV?

CaptainCrunch10

As far as a hitch, I would recommend the B&W stow and tow. It has enough weight capacity and will adjust to where you need it. 

For the tow vehicle, I’ll offer my $0.02 since others are as well. 

My secondary tow vehicle for my 2014 23LSV is a 2011 Yukon XL Denali.

Vehicle has adequate power, but it exhibits more wander (trailer sway) than I would like. The boat definitely pushes the truck around.

When backing down a steep ramp, more than once the boat has drug the Yukon backward with the trucks brakes locked up.

Towing in the mountains of Colorado I see both engine and tranny temps range from 220* - 250*. I’ve spoken with two GM service advisors who say those temps for short periods of times are nothing to worry about. But I don’t like it. And I’m above the weight rating if the integrated hitch. 

I would like to upgrade to a 25 LSV but the fact that I would need to tow full time with a HD truck is one of the reasons I am hesitant. I see people towing heavier boats than mine all the time with a Yukon or even a Tahoe, but I personally would not pull more boat than I already have with my Yukon. 

Good luck with your decision. 

My half ton Denali crew is rated for 10k too, but over 7k GM states it requires a WDH.  Just going by the book.  You can do otherwise but I'd suggest you check with your insurance carrier with regards to liability when towing beyond your vehicle's rated max for a given configuration.