Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Deliveries, Post up Your New Malibu/Axis Boats!

Ronnie

12 hours ago, bcoppess23 said:

You see a lot of 10k+ rated trailers running tandem but those axles are beefier and they run different size tires/wheels.  What concerns me more is the hitch... This boat and trailer has to be pushing the 7500# standard on most 2" balls.  If you go to your local auto shop, you may get a 7500# ball but the actual shank is rated for less.  I have found one setup that the shank was rated excessively (>10k) and the ball was 8500# but that was over $100 setup and most people are not looking to spend that for a hitch.

Someone get one of these 25s on the scales. My guess is 7,900lb full fuel and coolers ready for dropping in for a full day on the water. My 18 LSV 23 is 7250lb. total with 800lb tongue weight.

5 hours ago, G Spot said:

30k rating for $24. Exceeds every other rating on the vehicle.  ;)

https://www.curtmfg.com/towing-accessories/trailer-balls/2-3125-inch?p=3

That ball is fine but what about the hitch ball mount. You will be hard pressed to find Hitch ball mount rated at 30k. My guess is 12k max. Maybe a little bit more. 15k???

Edited by Sparky450
5 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

That ball is fine but what about the hitch ball mount. You will be hard pressed to find Hitch ball mount rated at 30k. My guess is 12k max. Maybe a little bit more. 15k???

I don't disagree, just showing that there are some quality low cost options. Curt has some 2" shank mounts rated for 17k and 2 1/2" shank mounts rated for 20k, which is why I said that ball rating will exceed every other rating on the vehicle. 

On 1/23/2019 at 6:35 AM, bcoppess23 said:

You see a lot of 10k+ rated trailers running tandem but those axles are beefier and they run different size tires/wheels.  What concerns me more is the hitch... This boat and trailer has to be pushing the 7500# standard on most 2" balls.  If you go to your local auto shop, you may get a 7500# ball but the actual shank is rated for less.  I have found one setup that the shank was rated excessively (>10k) and the ball was 8500# but that was over $100 setup and most people are not looking to spend that for a hitch.

I would say for sure it would be 2-5/16" ball.  Even a tandem could do that.  I am sure the tandem is fine, I just thiught that was satndard.  I have seen a few on them.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That is super sharp! Congrats!!

I do have one question, why not do the red stitch on the dash too?

Good catch, I did want that!  I think I still have time to change it.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Damn!! Very nice and loaded! Lots of 25’s this year

Thanks!  Yep, not sure if there is box not checked on this one.   Bow thrusters I suppose.    4-6” of snow forecasted for this weekend - come on summer!

ahopkins22LSV
55 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Thanks!  Yep, not sure if there is box not checked on this one.   Bow thrusters I suppose.    4-6” of snow forecasted for this weekend - come on summer!

I know our winter started so mild and now it’s making up for it. I’m ready for summer too! What engine is in it and any interior shots?

M6.    The only interior shots I have are from Stateamind’s listing.   When I crawled around it at the boat show, I don’t think I ever really thought I’d pull the trigger on it, so I didn’t get photos then.   It helped the wife fell in love with it :)

D8DB7C2B-DE75-488D-8EA5-B2800D23A39D.png

7DDF6DAE-02FB-4446-9D2A-472FB0919B40.png

• Like 3
3 hours ago, hethj7 said:

M6.    The only interior shots I have are from Stateamind’s listing.   When I crawled around it at the boat show, I don’t think I ever really thought I’d pull the trigger on it, so I didn’t get photos then.   It helped the wife fell in love with it :)

Was wondering if that was the boat you bought.  Amazing.  

16 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Put a deposit down on this beast this week.    Big shout out to Stateamind in St. Louis.   They are always great to work with!

E6B71704-97FA-40D2-975C-2A2F4D3B8A01.jpeg

14 hours ago, hethj7 said:

@hethj7 that is a gorgeous boat!!  If my better half saw that before we bought our 22VLX, I'm thinking she would have tried talking me into it, lol!!  Congratulations!!!

Also happy to hear your favorable comments about Stateamind.  I've heard nothing but good about them.  

17 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Put a deposit down on this beast this week.    Big shout out to Stateamind in St. Louis.   They are always great to work with!

E6B71704-97FA-40D2-975C-2A2F4D3B8A01.jpeg

After you put the deposit do they stop people from crawling all around it? I dont think i would want people slamming seats closed and messing around in a boat i just dropped 120+k on.

If I asked, they would.  But, they sold their other 25LSV this week and mine is all they have on the floor.  I am happy to let the dealer keep showing it as they treat me well. Frankly, if they sell it to someone else before I pick it up, I will take their new build coming in.  

@inlandlaker  short of them throwing In someone to wipe it down when I come off the lake, I couldn’t ask for much more from Stateamind.  Great group of folks over there!

39 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

If I asked, they would.  But, they sold their other 25LSV this week and mine is all they have on the floor.  I am happy to let the dealer keep showing it as they treat me well. Frankly, if they sell it to someone else before I pick it up, I will take their new build coming in.  

@inlandlaker  short of them throwing In someone to wipe it down when I come off the lake, I couldn’t ask for much more from Stateamind.  Great group of folks over there!

Did you buy the pictured above 25LSV from Stateamind?  I helped haul boats down to the show and hauled this trailer back to shop.  I have all kinds of pics of show setup.  Pretty cool experience.

file-10.jpeg

Edited by wedge88