Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 Sunsetter LXI Constant Beeping

plattelakesunsetter

formulaben
6 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

I removed connection from switch, tranny temp sending unit and water temp sending unit. Alarm still on. Beyond frustrated. Not sure what to do now. Reflash ecm ?

Thanks for help again,

Steve B.

Just to be sure, there are 3 water temp sensors.  The "sending unit" (#2 in picture) just sends a signal to the dash gauge for the driver.  Which number sensor in the picture above did you disconnect?  The sensor that signals the alarm is #1 in the picture above.

fwiw, i had an occasion where the friction oil pressure lead got bumped during an oil change.

it set off the "oil pressure" alarm + beeping as soon as the engine rpm ramped up to barefoot speed.

idle and slower-ish rpm were just swell/no alarm.

formulaben
19 hours ago, Steve B. said:

Dang. Nothing seems to stop the alarm. Tried all the connections off. I have a feeling the ecm needs a re-set for some reason.

Steve B.

Sounds like you have beeping due to a diagnostics code of some sort, so maybe a code read is in order.  Not sure how many items the ECM tracks but one for example is the knock sensor.

Thanks formulaben. For giggles I did replace the knock sensor today. Ugh. Alarm still going. I wonder if reading the ecm is a dealer only type of thing ? Thanks again,

Steve B.

Edited by Steve B.
Added question
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 11:27 AM, LowProfile said:

Where would you connect the analog pressure switch 

Ok, so this is what I ended up doing. Replaced both switches and installed an oil pressure gauge at the block.

$20.00 for the for the gauge and $5.00 for the tee from amazon. I’m getting about 10psi less on the engine gauge than on the dash gauge but at least my dashboard gauge doesn’t flip around like crazy. And the alarm has stopped. All seems to be right with the boat.

Thanks again everyone for your help, Joe