Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A22 standard options

Mitch83

3 minutes ago, goatv said:

What model do you have.  We have a24 and have two flip up seats.  I am only saying what I read and hope everyone else gets the price they should get.  You should not pay for the bolster either.  Your dealer wont argue with you, its very clear.  Actually you should kindly ask why you even have to bring it up as they should know better.  

A22 is what we’re getting.

Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

Post it if you are that passionate about it and your "cnn fake news". If it is standard it will be listed under standard features in the square, not where it is highlighted under cockpit options. *disclaimer, this is from our 2019 Malibu VTX build, just using it as an example.

So even if it is "standard" now, soft grip flooring kits from gator step or sea dek range from 900-1500ish. It will be built into your MSRP, it isn't free.

Capture.thumb.JPG.273e5daa1b993c63a0d69e3da8c0700a.JPG

Why would you post a Malibu build sheet when we are talking Axis.  The axis brochure is what I am referencing, the OP saw what I am referencing and asked a question if it's legit or not.  I am simply telling him/her, yes if you tell dealer to honor their sales brochure and how can they not, yes soft grip flooring and bolster seats are included.  It's not very difficult to understand.  If you do not mention it, you will pay for it.  So I guess their is a little work to be done to get it standard which is unfortunate and not fair to the ones that never saw the brochure. 

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, goatv said:

Why would you post a Malibu build sheet when we are talking Axis.  The axis brochure is what I am referencing, the OP saw what I am referencing and asked a question if it's legit or not.  I am simply telling him/her, yes if you tell dealer to honor their sales brochure and how can they not, yes soft grip flooring and bolster seats are included.  It's not very difficult to understand.  If you do not mention it, you will pay for it.  So I guess their is a little work to be done to get it standard which is unfortunate and not fair to the ones that never saw the brochure. 

That’s not how the dealer portal works. They can’t just add a “standard feature” as an option to make the customer pay for it. Standard features are just included. Any options you have to manually select.

And did you read my entire post? I said I posted our build sheet as an example to show where it would be shown. 

Where are you reading this in the brochure?

I see It is listed in the features but that is because its a new option not previously available. I see it being confusing but its not necessarily saying it's a standard option. 

Marketing material is wrong all the time. Sometimes by mistake and sometimes because they are trying to keep the text to a minimum for ease of reading. 

I guess you guys are not getting what I am saying, and that's fine.  The OP understands and is getting with his dealer to get the price he deserves.  I am not referencing the build sheet or the portal.  Only the brochure.  So calling it trolling or whatever.  

2 minutes ago, goatv said:

I guess you guys are not getting what I am saying, and that's fine.  The OP understands and is getting with his dealer to get the price he deserves.  I am not referencing the build sheet or the portal.  Only the brochure.  So calling it trolling or whatever.  

I'm not seeing it where in the brochure are you reading this. See my post above

ahopkins22LSV

You are right, we aren’t getting what you are saying because it makes zero sense.

Anyway to the OP, if you have the soft grip flooring on your build sheet for 1150 or whatever. Don’t worry. That is normal. It’s axtually a fair price considering that is msrp, which you aren’t paying, and installed. Be happy with your boat order!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

There are no interior upgrades as far as padding or upholstery. It is the same on all axis. So this is standard. The sliding rear seat is standard on all models, but the seat backs are an option. The seat bolster is an option. Here are the 'Standard Features' on all Axis models from my build sheet.

*STANDARD FEATURES

Wake Hull

All Composite Construction

Blueprinted Hulls and Decks Merged with

WeldOn TM

Coast Guard Certified

Composite Flooring System

Fiberglass Engine Chassis System (FIbECS)

Hand Laid Fiberglass Construction

Limited Lifetime Warranty

NMMA Certified

• Like 2
Just now, vanamp said:

Where are you reading this in the brochure?

I see It is listed in the features but that is because its a new option not previously available. I see it being confusing but its not necessarily saying it's a standard option. 

Marketing material is wrong all the time. Sometimes by mistake and sometimes because they are trying to keep the text to a minimum for ease of reading. 

When you look at the boat description for each model, it's in there.  It's not in the options page.  I get it, it may or may not be wrong, not my problem I was only trying to help the OP with his question and let them know my experience.  His dealer charging for bolster just shows you have to speak up.  Bolster is clearly a standard  on the option page.

When you look at the boat description for each model, it's in there.  It's not in the options page.  I get it, it may or may not be wrong, not my problem I was only trying to help the OP with his question and let them know my experience.  His dealer charging for bolster just shows you have to speak up.  Bolster is clearly a standard  on the option page.

Its listed in features because it's a new option previously unavailable, not as a standard option.  Similar how the list new gel options.  Some of the new gel options add additional cost too.

Either way it does not matter because no prices are listed.  If it's listed as a standard option does not mean it's free.  Just like originally the M235 had every option standard.  You could eliminate "standard" options to bring cost down. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

You are right, we aren’t getting what you are saying because it makes zero sense.

Anyway to the OP, if you have the soft grip flooring on your build sheet for 1150 or whatever. Don’t worry. That is normal. It’s axtually a fair price considering that is msrp, which you aren’t paying, and installed. Be happy with your boat order!

You may as well flash your malibu work ID with that statement!  

ahopkins22LSV
32 minutes ago, goatv said:

You may as well flash your malibu work ID with that statement!  

Why because I think what Malibu is charging is fair? Go get your a24 quoted. Or better yet, here is the same gator step kit, for the OP’s A22. This is just material cost: http://www.gatorstep.com/online-store/AXIS-A22-2015-to-2017-p76929819

The floor plus swim step is more then the msrp from Malibu! Sure you can probably get 10-20% off from GS, which is what you are getting from Malibu too but you either have to install it yourself which costs your time or pay to have someone do it. It’s a fair price anyway you look at, Malibu work badge or not...

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
8 hours ago, Mitch83 said:

Yep, our build date is tomorrow so I was getting anxious and just looking around and seen that on their website. We paid for the racks and carpet. Would’ve been nice to get that stuff as a standard option.

The Gatorstep soft grip flooring is a new feature/option for the 18 Axis boats. It will come with gator step on platform, rear transom seat, glove box and vent covers standard. Everything on an Axis boat is pretty much an option. No flooring is standard. I did the soft grip gator step flooring on my 18 T22 and it was around a $1200 option I believe, can't remember what carpet is.

It appears I may be only person to get the soft grip and bolster at no charge. I knew this was in the brochure when I ordered in February and I'm surprised it has taken this long to come up. I would of happily paid the 1200 as it is fair price. But when I saw that in book mentioning standard feature dealer had no problem honoring it. Same with bolster. I like most info I get from this site but when the Op refers to literature and everyone speaks their opinion without looking in to the original question makes the credibility go down. It appears soft grip is not standard in the system but when they mention it in main and only sale brochure you bet I'm gonna inquire. Just like the smart Op did. 

ahopkins22LSV
17 minutes ago, goatv said:

It appears I may be only person to get the soft grip and bolster at no charge. I knew this was in the brochure when I ordered in February and I'm surprised it has taken this long to come up. I would of happily paid the 1200 as it is fair price. But when I saw that in book mentioning standard feature dealer had no problem honoring it. Same with bolster. I like most info I get from this site but when the Op refers to literature and everyone speaks their opinion without looking in to the original question makes the credibility go down. It appears soft grip is not standard in the system but when they mention it in main and only sale brochure you bet I'm gonna inquire. Just like the smart Op did. 

Ok so since you are the OP are the only smart people can you help others in the future and post actual evidence of this? If I walk into my dealer tomorrow and say some guy named goat on the Malibu forum swears he got his free as a standard feature, they are going to tell ok that’s nice. The portal says it’s an upgrade and I get charged the upgrade. 

26 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Ok so since you are the OP are the only smart people can you help others in the future and post actual evidence of this? If I walk into my dealer tomorrow and say some guy named goat on the Malibu forum swears he got his free as a standard feature, they are going to tell ok that’s nice. The portal says it’s an upgrade and I get charged the upgrade. 

I've told you where the info is located.  Why would you need to reference my deal. Be a man and make your own deal. It's in the mfg sales book. Not a third party ad. I'm starting to worry about you. 

ahopkins22LSV
13 minutes ago, goatv said:

I've told you where the info is located.  Why would you need to reference my deal. Be a man and make your own deal. It's in the mfg sales book. Not a third party ad. I'm starting to worry about you. 

Ok thanks for the advice. I didn’t need it though, did you notice that all of the prices were blank on my build sheet?

Have a good day...

15 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Ok thanks for the advice. I didn’t need it though, did you notice that all of the prices were blank on my build sheet?

Have a good day...

Hey, I'm just mentioning the sales mag says one thing and dealers obviously not letting buyers know about it. Some dealers may not even know it says it. Yeah it's not standard like a steering wheel but when a company puts out a sales book for 2018 and it specifically states something hard for them to deny it. That's all I have been trying to say all day. And it appears no one else saw it or brought it up to dealer. Brochure clearly states bolsters standard on all models too so I really dislike owners not getting that. Actually I feel like they have valid reasons to get it for free even after the fact. I'm not trying to pick fights. I'm on the side of truth. The book says something, you better believe I'm trying to hold them to it.  I love our boat so far. One of the best features is the flooring, go figure.  

My guess is you paid for it elsewhere and aren't realizing it. Either base price or dealer prep most likely.

Not sure why there is such an issue posting your build sheet but that would probably help clear this up.

25 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Hey @goatv, you didn’t get anything for free. Here’s what happened, your dealer pulled the wool over your eyes. 

You may not realize it but you’re ignoring MANY YEARS of experience in this thread.  @Anderson24, @Raimie, @ahopkinsTXi, and @Pnwrider have all sat down and ordered or quoted MULTIPLE boats EACH. Why would they lie to you?  

So you think you got $1000 worth of Gatorstep free?  Nope, your deal just had enough profit in it that the dealer decided to absorb it. But trust me, they had to check a box and pay the related invoice amount. 

What are you talking about??  Experience my butt.  They will not even recognize the sales brochure and then try to hold Axis to what they put out in print.  Yeah I may have paid for the item another way, but you ALL are not understanding that almost everyone has let Axis off the hook for putting info in a sale book and then honoring it.  But all you with thousands of posts keep on defending malibu like your job depends on it.  I would love to post my build sheet but dont know how.  Plus that does not change the fact that bolsters and flooring in the book mention are standard.  At this point I wish I never mentioned it at all.  Reason why I never brought it up my self.

31 minutes ago, goatv said:

What are you talking about??  Experience my butt.  They will not even recognize the sales brochure and then try to hold Axis to what they put out in print.  Yeah I may have paid for the item another way, but you ALL are not understanding that almost everyone has let Axis off the hook for putting info in a sale book and then honoring it.  But all you with thousands of posts keep on defending malibu like your job depends on it.  I would love to post my build sheet but dont know how.  Plus that does not change the fact that bolsters and flooring in the book mention are standard.  At this point I wish I never mentioned it at all.  Reason why I never brought it up my self.

Where you have it mixed up is standard option does not equal free.  They can just like the way their boats look with soft grip flooring and call that a standard option. But in the end its up to the customer to build their boat the way they want.  

I ordered mine with carpet and saved some money.  Should I have been charged more for a non-standard option of carpet?

In the end its marketing decision to print the brochure the way they did and there are no prices listed so what exactly are the dealers supposed to honor?