Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dual battery left to on position (for both batteries), will I be ok for a week?

WhiteWaterWeb

3 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Id love to install a charger but my storage situation isn't ideal for running power. I keep it at home in a carport but it's 100 feet from the nearest power. When i factor in what it would cost to run power plus the charger, it's just not practical. $150 for batteries every other year is not all that expensive in the grand scheme. 

Sounds to me like your alternator can't quite keep up with battery usage.  Maybe once a month (or just check the batteries with a voltmeter ) you could run a 100' extension cord to the boat and charge them.  You might triple your battery life.

Edited by MadMan
9 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

From what I remember, the switch is off at 12 oclock, on at 3 oclock (one battery) and on at 6 oclock (two batteries).

Cheers.

Ok,looks like this?

https://www.bluesea.com/products/5511e/e-Series_Dual_Circuit_Plus_Battery_Switch

Or this?

https://www.bluesea.com/products/9001e/e-Series_Selector_Battery_Switch

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, WhiteWaterWeb said:

Hi all, new Bu owner here; with all the excitement getting the boat to the cottage and taking her for a spin on our lake, I left the cottage without turning off the dual battery. Will I be ok if I am back up there in a week - what should I get in the habit of doing as a weekend warrior right now? It is a 2018 21 VLX.

Thanks!

You don't have anything to worry about.  Cars  and trucks never get their batteries disconnected.  Heck, one of the first things I did on my boat was to remove that battery switch, they're always connceted.

With the stereo and ballast pumps our alternator cant keep up with the drain. We dont stop and rock out either we pretty much just cruise and tow. Sometimes we swim for a bit and play music but it typically lasts minutes, not hours. I'd estimate that after a full day on the lake my Battery is 20% low. So after several days in a row I need to top off w a charger.

@MLAOn the Blue Sea Switches....what is the difference between the "e-series" and the "m-series"? Mine is like 1st picture above....but is the 6011 m-series dual circuit plus. 

On 2018-05-26 at 8:12 AM, MLA said:

Hi @MLA mine is this one:

https://www.bluesea.com/products/9001e/e-Series_Selector_Battery_Switch

The battery was fine but do you suggest running in the bottom (1 + 2) position?