Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu stock

sonny20

Im still pretty bullish on MBUU.     They are making a great product in what is for now a strong market.   I dont have the numbers to back it up, but I sense that there was pent up demand for new boats coming off the recession, and when the economy turned they were there.   

Now, having said that, I completely agree that when the economy takes the next significant recession (and it will), their revenues will fall off a cliff.   A 100K boat IMHO is the ultimate luxury purchase.   With rare exceptions, you dont buy a new Malibu because you NEED one,  only because you want one, and have the "means" to buy it.   To me, the determining factor to how steep that cliff is is whether they can compliment the portfolio with products/services a little less susceptible to the vagaries of the economy.    I have not clue what that could be. 

I think the Cobalt purchase was a **** good one.   Complimentary products, not likely to cannibalize their existing business, but in theory should help leverage their investments in engine tech.   I keep wondering if they will leverage that purchase to extend their routes to market (read that dealer network)..,

All layman's observations... probably wrong.   I bought in with a very small position shortly after I bought the boat because I was impressed with the product.   It is a "fun" class of investments... not something that I will ever depend on.