Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

3 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

i know something else that will fold easily on the axis line up for 2019

Do tell.  Swim deck for garage clearance?

Speculatung here , but does Bu already get the swim platform from Cobalt?

47 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Fold easily with one person... 

Uh, you are The Hulk.  Napoleon Dynamite might have to hit the weight pile, but I think The Hulk can manage to fold the tower by his ownself.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

Uh, you are The Hulk.  Napoleon Dynamite might have to hit the weight pile, but I think The Hulk can manage to fold the tower by his ownself.

I wonder whith the g-10 coming out if they might in the future allow G3 to be put on axis? Still leaves g4/10 for Malibu

Edited by The Hulk
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

I wonder whith the g-10 coming out if they might in the future allow G3 to be put on axis? Still leaves g4/10 for Malibu

Pure speculation here, but I think we’ve seen the last of the G4...

I'm already laughing at the thought of everyone here falling in love with the new G10 power fold.   The Mastercraft power tower was always such a dumb idea, but I'm sure when Bu does it, we'll all grow to love it ;)

Maybe they will be power PTM racks as well that swivel vertically and electronically let go and clamp... And also swivel around to you

I can't imagine the price Delta the G10 is going to be over the G4 so I can't see them letting go of the G4.. unless there is a powered and non-powered G10... 

After 14 hours with my new boat and having to raise and lower the G3.5 tower each time I park it, I don’t see a power G10 in my future. I never had to lower the tower on my other shorter boats but it’s so effortless and quick now that I wouldn’t pay more for any extra convenience. But I can see the need to have the power option to keep up with the Joneses and give more boxes to check.

However, I do just want a set of manual PTMs that work without dropping knobs in the river (1st set) or not unclamping when they’re supposed to release (2nd set).

• Like 2
5 hours ago, hethj7 said:

I'm already laughing at the thought of everyone here falling in love with the new G10 power fold.   The Mastercraft power tower was always such a dumb idea, but I'm sure when Bu does it, we'll all grow to love it ;)

I will say the power folding tower on the Supra is pretty sweet and comes standard, not a $10-12K option.

11 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

It may not be a separate line item on the build sheet, but you are definitely paying for it! 

I didn't say it was free, I just said it comes standard on a $115-120K boat not an expensive option on a $140K boat.

1 hour ago, Chappy said:

I didn't say it was free, I just said it comes standard on a $115-120K boat not an expensive option on a $140K boat.

Maybe the difference will be in the little details on the G10, that make it worth more........

Supra might have a standard power tower now, but the design and functionality is honestly laughable.

problem #1- electric actuators. They are already having issues, and you would have thought they would have learned from MCs mistake in 2011. Who knows, maybe Supra will end up having to retrofit them all to hydraulic just like MC did with the ‘11s.

problem #2- bimini has to be folded up and the bimini sock needs to be put on, so that it doesn’t flop open while lowering.

problem #3- you can’t drive the boat with tower folded. Isn’t one of the main purposes of a power tower to make it easier getting under bridges??

problem #4- if you don’t twist the driver seat to the exact degree to the right, the bimini bracket will tear the vinyl on the drivers seat. 

The stock SL at my local dealer already has a marked up windshield frame from the bimini flopping into it, and the drivers seat has two rips in it from people lowering the tower without twisting the drivers seat exactly 10 degrees to the right.....

not to mention, they are having trouble getting it to go up and down correctly, because the actuators aren’t staying in sync.

good thing they don’t charge a lot for it. There are lots of things I like about Supra, but the FXone tower is a complete fail.

On 6/1/2018 at 10:34 AM, TenTwentyOne said:

Maybe the difference will be in the little details on the G10, that make it worth more........

Supra might have a standard power tower now, but the design and functionality is honestly laughable.

problem #1- electric actuators. They are already having issues, and you would have thought they would have learned from MCs mistake in 2011. Who knows, maybe Supra will end up having to retrofit them all to hydraulic just like MC did with the ‘11s.

problem #2- bimini has to be folded up and the bimini sock needs to be put on, so that it doesn’t flop open while lowering.

problem #3- you can’t drive the boat with tower folded. Isn’t one of the main purposes of a power tower to make it easier getting under bridges??

problem #4- if you don’t twist the driver seat to the exact degree to the right, the bimini bracket will tear the vinyl on the drivers seat. 

The stock SL at my local dealer already has a marked up windshield frame from the bimini flopping into it, and the drivers seat has two rips in it from people lowering the tower without twisting the drivers seat exactly 10 degrees to the right.....

not to mention, they are having trouble getting it to go up and down correctly, because the actuators aren’t staying in sync.

good thing they don’t charge a lot for it. There are lots of things I like about Supra, but the FXone tower is a complete fail.

I just recently bought a SL, I find that it is a great boat for our family. It was way cheaper than a G23, but i can assure you so far our has been great. yes you do have to put the sock on the bimini, if you don't want to do that you can  just use a nylon strap to keep it folded while down in the down position, if you are to lazy to put the sock on. The seat doesn't have to be turned at an angle to put the tower down( this mean somebody needs to lower the power driver seat) unless you are a person that puts the power driver seat almost all the way up, if you leave your preset at 50%  for height then this isn't a issue. If you like your preset higher ( which unless your are 5ft 2") then you simply hit the button that lowers the seat back down before lowering the tower. I would seriously be questioning the dealership if they transport there boats with out the sock and leaving the driver seat that high for transport. 

On 6/1/2018 at 10:34 AM, TenTwentyOne said:

I demo'd one recently and was told specifically that is can be trailered in the down position.  I also asked about what if it stops working and the work around to manually raise or lower the tower seemed easy enough.  Not sure why you would lower the tower without stowing the bimini so #2 above seems like a non issue. 

5 hours ago, Chappy said:

I demo'd one recently and was told specifically that is can be trailered in the down position.  I also asked about what if it stops working and the work around to manually raise or lower the tower seemed easy enough.  Not sure why you would lower the tower without stowing the bimini so #2 above seems like a non issue. 

What did they quote you for the SL?

13 hours ago, shockthis said:

I would seriously be questioning the dealership if they transport there boats with out the sock and leaving the driver seat that high for transport. 

It's a stock inventory boat, and was at their boat show. It has been damaged from people playing with it..... putting tower up and down and playing with seat controls etc......

but that is kinda my point..... people that buy these things let friends and kids operate them. IMO, it should be engineered to avoid common interferences. You shouldn't have to give everyone a lesson on how to operate a simple thing without causing damage to the boat.

12 hours ago, Chappy said:

Going under bridges? Tucking the boat up into the lift canopy?? 

Using a strap like @shockthismentioned is a good idea.... but it's just one more thing to worry about. When I put my boat away, I want it to be as easy as possible. You should be able to flop the Bimini in, and fold the tower down in less than 10 seconds, without any chance of interference issue. That said, I am probably spoiled by the functionality that I am used to.

8 hours ago, IXFE said:

What did they quote you for the SL?

FWIW, the stock SL at my local dealer has an MSRP of $151k. It is pretty well equipped and has the Raptor 440. They want $126k plus freight ($3000) and prep ($1900).

I always have to laugh at the freight and prep charges at that dealer. The local MC, Bu, and Nautique dealers, all charge $1500 for freight, and less than $1k for prep.

3 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

FWIW, the stock SL at my local dealer has an MSRP of $151k. It is pretty well equipped and has the Raptor 440. They want $126k plus freight ($3000) and prep ($1900).

I always have to laugh at the freight and prep charges at that dealer. The local MC, Bu, and Nautique dealers, all charge $1500 for freight, and less than $1k for prep.

I’m curious because Chappy seemed to indicate earlier (during the debate on power tower being standard) that the SL was cheaper than the 23 LSV (I’m assuming he was comparing to the 23 and not the 24 MXZ he ended up buying). 

I shopped SL’s this year and was quoted $129k for SL450 when I visited the showroom and $132k for a similar boat at the boat show.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I’m curious because Chappy seemed to indicate earlier (during the debate on power tower being standard) that the SL was cheaper than the 23 LSV (I’m assuming he was comparing to the 23 and not the 24 MXZ he ended up buying). 

I shopped SL’s this year and was quoted $129k for SL450 when I visited the showroom and $132k for a similar boat at the boat show.

@IXFE Good point, I did not consider the 23 LSV so the price comparison was versus the 24 MXZ which isn't comparing apple to apples.  The difference in price between my MXZ and the SL was actually less than $20K which is part of the reason I didn't strongly consider the SL.  If it was $40K I may have thought more about it.  That said I really liked the SL and think Supra has some along way!

3 minutes ago, Chappy said:

@IXFE Good point, I did not consider the 23 LSV so the price comparison was versus the 24 MXZ which isn't comparing apple to apples.  The difference in price between my MXZ and the SL was actually less than $20K which is part of the reason I didn't strongly consider the SL.  If it was $40K I may have thought more about it.  That said I really liked the SL and think Supra has some along way!

Totally agree. The SL is impressive. I’m just not totally sold on needing a power tower or the fact that Supra is still using 1.5 : 1 transmissions.  

14 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

If you want to max out the sl wave wise you NEED the 575

Which is kind of a bummer, because with a 2:1 you could accomplish that with the 400 or 440.

42 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

If you want to max out the sl wave wise you NEED the 575

This probably depends on altitude.  I have the SL450, and have put 50 surf hours on it so far this year (at sea level).  We surf it full ballast + 900lbs of lead and the 440 has way more than enough power for us.  In fact, I have been contemplating switching out for a less aggressive prop.