Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

8 hours ago, wdr said:

The default prop is the 2249 in the builder. If you want to change it the dealer selects per your request with the 2773 being the High Altitude prop.  We went that route as my wife and I both surf and I refuse to pull a boarder without a liablity waiver so no loss w/o the 2249. JK, but we were 2 for 2 pulling boarders 2 years ago, so NO MAS.

Thanks. Trying to confirm what we are getting with the dealer. There seems to be some confusion from them on prop models for the M5 so thanks for confirming. Just wondering what the best prop is going to be for that engine and trans. 

8 hours ago, wdr said:

When I tried to do an impromptu measurement at the dealer on the showroom floor, as near as I could tell, with the tower in its apparent lowest position with the board racks off the highest part of the tower near the vicinity of where the lower board racks attach to the G3 appeared to be right at 8’ tall. I believe the service manager lowered the tongue some, but I dont know if it was all of the way down or not. In support of getting it into my boat garage, I bought a hitch with an 8” drop and if I have to I plan to lower the trailer 2 inches, just to get it into the garage for this summer if that even helps. Everything I have seen in regards to the trailer height even on 14” rims points to a raised header for me. My 10’ had 18” rims and I had a couple inches to spare with a level trailer. Guess I will find out in a couple weeks.

Are you measuring a 23 or 25. My 25 with g3.5 is setting in triple 18’s. I will get a tower up and tower down measurement in a day of two for you. 

8 hours ago, hethj7 said:

You can certainly get a 25LSV cheaper.  I was just using a fully loaded example when comparing to a loaded G23.  

That is a heck of a discount if it was fully loaded. The one that we looked at was a $237,000 MSRP, and was marked at 191k at the boat show after a 20% discount, and plug n play added. But that boat definitely had every box checked, except salt water equipment.

It would be interesting to see how they compared from an apples to apples MSRP comparison on equally equipped boats, but then, it should really be compared to a G25, not a 23. Its hard to tell with boat show prices, as options can account for 30-40% of the boat cost, and they all spec them different.

7 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Are you measuring a 23 or 25. My 25 with g3.5 is setting in triple 18’s. I will get a tower up and tower down measurement in a day of two for you. 

23 w G3.5 and 14" rims (trailer tongue lowered as low as possible) and it was just a quick look to see if it was even in the ball park, so don't take these measurements as gospel. 

Edited by wdr
7 hours ago, eubanks said:

Thanks. Trying to confirm what we are getting with the dealer. There seems to be some confusion from them on prop models for the M5 so thanks for confirming. Just wondering what the best prop is going to be for that engine and trans. 

Best prop for me = surfing with full MLS and pnp (550) with my normal load and crew @ 3500-3700 rpm. Why that range, I normally saw 3250 rpm from my '10 with the 350 Monsoon, 1235 prop with a max load and crew and I didn't have a single problem with that engine in 1024 hours, so I figure I must have been doing something right. I had Blackstone labs test the oil at 800 hours and they said it looked great. I don't expect to see that number with the new boat, it being a heavier boat with more ballast so I expect an rpm increase. Don't give a dang about fuel economy or going fast, but I do care about engine longevity so I would like to keep the rpms down. It is rare for me to ever get to 30 mph on a any day unless my wife wants to slalom on the outer fringes of the wake. The dealer said the best prop for me to surf with the M5 would be the 2773. And that I would see lower 30 mph's as max top speed. If I lose a couple mph off of top end no problem, it will just take another couple more minutes to get home is all.

2 hours ago, wdr said:

Best prop for me = surfing with full MLS and pnp (550) with my normal load and crew @ 3500-3700 rpm. Why that range, I normally saw 3250 rpm from my '10 with the 350 Monsoon, 1235 prop with a max load and crew and I didn't have a single problem with that engine in 1024 hours, so I figure I must have been doing something right. I had Blackstone labs test the oil at 800 hours and they said it looked great. I don't expect to see that number with the new boat, it being a heavier boat with more ballast so I expect an rpm increase. Don't give a dang about fuel economy or going fast, but I do care about engine longevity so I would like to keep the rpms down. It is rare for me to ever get to 30 mph on a any day unless my wife wants to slalom on the outer fringes of the wake. The dealer said the best prop for me to surf with the M5 would be the 2773. And that I would see lower 30 mph's as max top speed. If I lose a couple mph off of top end no problem, it will just take another couple more minutes to get home is all.

This tells me that you are way over propped if this is true and you're not high in the Rockies. I've never ran that prop so I can't speak to the RPMs but...You should be seeing high 30's. If you are maxing out at, lets say 32 MPH, you are running way too many RPMs, not only at surf speed but through the whole speed range.

14 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This tells me that you are way over propped if this is true and you're not high in the Rockies. I've never ran that prop so I can't speak to the RPMs but...You should be seeing high 30's. If you are maxing out at, lets say 32 MPH, you are running way too many RPMs, not only at surf speed but through the whole speed range.

Yeah, it would be great to see real world numbers if you're telling me the 2249 and the 2773 are the factory options for the M5.  We will be surfing more this year but plan to wakeboard a bunch with full factory ballast, full rear PnP, 500+ in the bow, plus wedge.  I like a big wakeboard wake and hope to get a prop to optimize for that.

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I had to take this as more or less true as it was coming from the dealership. I will re-prop as required once I get the boat broke in. I honestly don't think anyone has had enough time in an M5 equipped boat to actually see what the actual numbers are going to be for a given set up. BICBW-

For me I would want the M5 prop'ed however it would output a similar power/tourque/rpms to my 2008 w/ the 340. (I am not sure what prop is on there (1235?) but i wouldn't change a thing... my current combo is pretty much perfect as far as I am concerned. 

10 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Build sheet was at 219 on the G.  Not sure if it had a trailer in that price.  

4C6529D2-8C4D-4EB0-B65D-5001BE6C2658.jpeg

Salesman said it included a trailer. That one also had the thrusters on it. Between the thrusters and the power tower that they force you to pay for now the msrp on that is just way too much to justify for me.  Only 17% off wasn’t anything to get excited about though.

14 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Alright, I got this thread sidetracked a bit.   Anyone with a Gx yet?   I didn’t even think to look, but does it have any integrated lights like the G4 had?

My dealer sent me a video of the GX and there were two lights near the main control pod, looked like lights to light the cabin. Haven’t seen the GX in person so can’t confirm.

18 minutes ago, gregtay said:

My dealer sent me a video of the GX and there were two lights near the main control pod, looked like lights to light the cabin. Haven’t seen the GX in person so can’t confirm.

Confirmed integrated lights similar to G4

Are we getting some news tomorrow????  Saw this on Malibu's Instagram story today. Picklefork... looks to have that same gel line that a M235 has in the front.  M215?

BUs2sgz.pngvUlkIEQ.pngARqyTOd.png

Edited by BadgerBoater55