Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

Just now, Stevo said:

I stand by my statements. I wouldn’t put Tige in my top 10. 

I stand by my statement, it’s the minions who make Malibu owners look bad, and most people who bag on other brands don’t really know much about industry as whole, making their “top 10” not exactly the most informed

Yup, and because you know a guy that spent his $$ on one doesn’t mean you have to defend his bad decision, and in fact tells us a lot more about you than anything. It’s quite possible the only way for him to get a boat was his “partner” liked the color of the one he has. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Yup, and because you know a guy that spent his $$ on one doesn’t mean you have to defend his bad decision, and in fact tells us a lot more about you than anything. It’s quite possible the only way for him to get a boat was his “partner” liked the color of the one he has. 

Bad decision because he bought a tige? Are you serious? That’s some serious Malibu kool aid drinking if I’ve ever heard some. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Just reinforces my point... you need to let go of your blind brand loyalty and actually go out and experience other boats.  They all have their pluses and minuses, different brands appeal to different peoples wants and needs.  

I’ve had great times on just about every brand out their, minus pivati( would love to some day).  I can’t say I’ve had ruined day just because I wasn’t in a Malibu.

14 minutes ago, CJAY said:

Just reinforces my point... you need to let go of your blind brand loyalty and actually go out and experience other boats.  They all have their pluses and minuses, different brands appeal to different peoples wants and needs.  

I’ve had great times on just about every brand out their, minus pivati( would love to some day).  I can’t say I’ve had ruined day just because I wasn’t in a Malibu.

And your point is not rooted in fact, as I’ve never made the claim that one was better than the other. I made the claim that there are at least 10 others that are better.

you wind find the word Malibu in any other post of mine in this thread.

i said tiges  gel lines and interior layouts are horrible wake wave performance is meh at best. 

And they wouldn’t it be in my top 10 as a manufacturer. 

Yes I have a Malibu and my last 3 boats have been Malibu’s , but given different circumstances , (more/less income, bro deals, dealer service, etc) id choose 10 other boat OEM’s before Tige

In terms of the wireless charging for phones I guess a fella who owns a 2018 VLX (and loves it) could buy one for the glovebox eh? If you can anyone recommend a good one - that would work through thick cases?

Cheers.

19 hours ago, IXFE said:

@Cole2001 I kinda feel like everybody copies everybody. There’s only so many original ideas out there for tow boats designed to pull fat rich guys around the pond. 

yea i'm still waiting to be contacted on some of those ideas... =) haha ... i dont think BU has any shortage of ideas being dreamed up on TMC.... this site should keep them busy till 2030 and on. 

25 WALK THROUGH for 2020!!!! i can feel it!

Edited by The Hulk
7 hours ago, WhiteWaterWeb said:

In terms of the wireless charging for phones I guess a fella who owns a 2018 VLX (and loves it) could buy one for the glovebox eh? If you can anyone recommend a good one - that would work through thick cases?

Cheers.

wireless charging was never an issue until the iphone could do it... 

it may have been mentioned but did they widen up the phone holder any for actually fitting a normal sized phone (or normal in todays terms) with a normal case... put a THIN otter on a s9 and its pretty tight, Thinking of going to the NOTE but not sure if its any wider with the thinner otter on it and if the 19 boats have been widened up any? if not may have to take it apart and grind some material so the track can widen a few mils or so..

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

wireless charging was never an issue until the iphone could do it... 

it may have been mentioned but did they widen up the phone holder any for actually fitting a normal sized phone (or normal in todays terms) with a normal case... put a THIN otter on a s9 and its pretty tight, Thinking of going to the NOTE but not sure if its any wider with the thinner otter on it and if the 19 boats have been widened up any? if not may have to take it apart and grind some material so the track can widen a few mils or so..

Ever since they widened the holder in 2016, I haven’t had any issue fitting the plus size iPhones 

2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Spotify or Apple Music streaming built in would be cool. Maybe like CarPlay but have it so you don’t use data.

I’d LOVE Spotify integration or just plain apple car play.  There would be no way not to use data unless the boat had its own data plan or could be connected to wi-fi.  In today’s day and age of unlimited data, I’m not sure that would have any value either.  

Edited by SCMike
1 hour ago, SCMike said:

I’d LOVE Spotify integration or just plain apple car play.  There would be no way not to use data unless the boat had its own data plan or could be connected to wi-fi.  In today’s day and age of unlimited data, I’m not sure that would have any value either.  

Oh to be American and have unlimited data... just another perk of being Canadian. 

If somehow they could integrate a wifi hotspot like what GM did and keep the monthly cost down it would be totally with it for the summer months. In my case that is.

20 hours ago, The Hulk said:

yea i'm still waiting to be contacted on some of those ideas... =) haha ... i dont think BU has any shortage of ideas being dreamed up on TMC.... this site should keep them busy till 2030 and on. 

25 WALK THROUGH for 2020!!!! i can feel it!

You mean like this?  Do you want them to bring back the toilet option too?  That's what the porthole window was for, so you didn't have to dook in the dark.

IMG_9140.JPG

IMG_9138.JPG

• Like 3
13 hours ago, SCMike said:

Android Auto + Google Play Music (Download Radio Stations\Playlists Prior).

Apple Car Play + Google Play Music (Download Radio Stations\Playlists Prior)

Definitely Feasible. The tech exists it's just if they will adopt it as well as other music apps conforming.

You could even use Google maps and download the lake prior to going and have GPS with Satellite imaging in your Apple Car Play\Android Auto.

Edited by PrestigeLakeWide
added The tech exists it's just if they will adopt it as well as other music apps conforming.
36 minutes ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

Definitely Feasible. The tech exists it's just if they will adopt it as well as other music apps conforming.

You could even use Google maps and download the lake prior to going and have GPS with Satellite imaging in your Apple Car Play\Android Auto.

If you like the Android Auto interface, you don't need to do anything other than pair your phone to your head unit via Bluetooth.  Android Auto will run right on your phone.  Put it in the holder with the wireless charger and launch the AA app.  You can play downloaded Google Play or Spotify playlists, and can have full Google Assistant voice control.  Phone screen will stay on as long as AA is running.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Although I almost wonder if I would rather have it in the storage cubby behind the throttle. 

Sounds like when you order the sport dash with wireless charging, they give you 3 charging stations - 1 on the sport dash, 1 in the cubby behind the throttle, and 1 in the glove box. Not sure if it can be retro-fitted to a 2019 that doesn't have it, but I can find out for you.

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, chantel said:

Sounds like when you order the sport dash with wireless charging, they give you 3 charging stations - 1 on the sport dash, 1 in the cubby behind the throttle, and 1 in the glove box. Not sure if it can be retro-fitted to a 2019 that doesn't have it, but I can find out for you.

I’d definitely be interested! I appreciate it. 

5 hours ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

Good point.  My home lake has no cell coverage, so I download my Spotify playlist and play then without using data.  Guess you could just use offline listening paired with Apple Car play / Android auto. 

Seems like a no brainer.

Malibu, are you listening? We need both Apple Car Plan and Android Auto In 2020! 

10 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Good point.  My home lake has no cell coverage, so I download my Spotify playlist and play then without using data.  Guess you could just use offline listening paired with Apple Car play / Android auto. 

Seems like a no brainer.

Malibu, are you listening? We need both Apple Car Plan and Android Auto In 2020! 

I guess I don't understand the value those provide. Can you explain?

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, G Spot said:

I guess I don't understand the value those provide. Can you explain?

The only thing it provides is a better (larger) interface to use.  I have Apple car play in my F250, and love it.  It’s nice to be able to thumbs up songs, skip songs, select playlist, etc, writhing having to go into my phone. 

2 minutes ago, SCMike said:

The only thing it provides is a better (larger) interface to use.  I have Apple car play in my F250, and love it.  It’s nice to be able to thumbs up songs, skip songs, select playlist, etc, writhing having to go into my phone. 

Ok that makes sense. I've been so pleased with the BT paired to my iPhone 8+ combined with the sport knob (to adjust volume/skip tracks), I was wondering what I was missing out on.

37 minutes ago, G Spot said:

Ok that makes sense. I've been so pleased with the BT paired to my iPhone 8+ combined with the sport knob (to adjust volume/skip tracks), I was wondering what I was missing out on.

Don’t get me wrong.  This is a Nice to have not a need to have. Phone works fine.