Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

32 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Sweet ride Jon!

Which donk did you go with (thanks Aussies for that awesome word)?  https://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/details/malibu-hands-new-engine-over-to-the-myuna-bay-boat-breakers-115696/

Thanks! Going with the 6.0 PCM and looking forward to it after a number of demos this fall with it (23 LSV twice, T23, T22, A24). I had the option to upgrade to the new M6DI donk but that was too expensive and not at all needed for where I use the 23. I could've also held out for a late build date to get the M5 but I want to get the boat by early April, and also didn't see any reason to not go with the PCM. Build slots are filling up a lot faster than last year, and I don't want to fight the boat show rush that could be interesting for some.

I'm changing up the interior a bit since Malibu changed their light graphite in '19 with their new vinyl to be almost the same as the old moonbeam. It's now way too light for a light gray look IMO, so I added some graphite to the light graphite base to darken the interior and tie into the black interior gel better. Debated going all graphite but couldn't get there this time.

The only other change this year was adding surfpipe since it's required but we were going to select it anyway. Tower speakers will be Exile again and I'll get an Evo cover ordered soon. I'll also get full Gatorstep again for the interior, top deck and swim platform. 

• Like 2
On 11/21/2018 at 9:28 AM, IXFE said:

Done!  I hope I made you proud, buddy! 

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

hahahaha... you know good and well that neither of us would order a boat like that.

We both know... you match the tow vehicle, not the sports car.  ;) 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, NWBU said:

Thanks! Going with the 6.0 PCM and looking forward to it after a number of demos this fall with it (23 LSV twice, T23, T22, A24). I had the option to upgrade to the new M6DI donk but that was too expensive and not at all needed for where I use the 23. I could've also held out for a late build date to get the M5 but I want to get the boat by early April, and also didn't see any reason to not go with the PCM. Build slots are filling up a lot faster than last year, and I don't want to fight the boat show rush that could be interesting for some.

I'm changing up the interior a bit since Malibu changed their light graphite in '19 with their new vinyl to be almost the same as the old moonbeam. It's now way too light for a light gray look IMO, so I added some graphite to the light graphite base to darken the interior and tie into the black interior gel better. Debated going all graphite but couldn't get there this time.

The only other change this year was adding surfpipe since it's required but we were going to select it anyway. Tower speakers will be Exile again and I'll get an Evo cover ordered soon. I'll also get full Gatorstep again for the interior, top deck and swim platform. 

Nice donk choice....!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, NWBU said:

Here’s a few pics from a buddy’s demo on the ‘19 25 LSV this afternoon. There were 3 in the boat, stock ballasts and PNP full, standard prop, 5 clicks of PW3, 11.0 mph, etc.

Same speed and wedge setup for the pics on both sides, so it’s not fully dialed in yet.

NICE!

What motor was in it?

According to the press release it is supposed to be easier. 

IBEX 2018: Malibu introduces new engines

ERIC COLBY

OCT 5, 2018

The Front End Accessory Drive is designed to make engine servicing easier.

Malibu unveiled two inboards at the International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference this week that the company is building for Malibu and Axis brands. The 400-hp M6DI is available in the 2019 Malibu 25 LSV, and the 350-hp 5.3 M5DI will be available in all Malibu and Axis boats for model year 2020.

“We wanted to keep quality control, and if we want to change something on the boat side to work with the engine, we just walk across the street,” said Brett Michaud, test and validation engineer.

The M6DI is a 400-hp inboard that’s offered in the new Malibu 25 LSV.

The M6DI is built on a 6.2-liter block, and the M5DI has a 5.3-liter block. DI stands for direct fuel injection. GM Marine supplies the blocks, and Malibu takes it from there.

The new engines feature a Front End Accessory Drive, a module that Malibu designed and casts. It places the alternator mount, water and glycol pumps, oil filter bracket and a heat exchanger on the front of the engine, which simplifies maintenance.

The closed cooling system has a raw-water-to-glycol heat exchanger that cools the engine oil and transmission fluid with glycol instead of raw water. The raw water only flows through the exhaust, reducing corrosion. Michaud said the system was designed in response to consumer requests for a closed cooling system. The heat exchanger is supplied by Alfa-Laval.

“The less components you run seawater through, the better,” Michaud said.

The engines also have four easy-to-access ports for winterization, two on the exhaust manifolds, one on the transmission and another on the heat exchanger. They are positioned where they should be easy to reach.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

This could have been written about the Raptor 410, except for the DI. Now everyone talks like the raptor is the red headed step child? I like mine.

You’d think their wives read the forum (gotta sell the new boat idea, right?) ;)

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

I love grey and black, it would just scorch your skin.

All of my skin was still intact and never got scortched this summer. Even after having the boat sit for 3 hours in direct sunlight, upper 80’s the Black was very warm but not hot or “scortching”

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, dalt1 said:

This could have been written about the Raptor 410, except for the DI. Now everyone talks like the raptor is the red headed step child? I like mine.

7 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

You’d think their wives read the forum (gotta sell the new boat idea, right?) ;)

That was a quote from a press release. Not something he typed up. 

3 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

All of my skin was still intact and never got scortched this summer. Even after having the boat sit for 3 hours in direct sunlight, upper 80’s the Black was very warm but not hot or “scortching”

Must be a little cooler up north. In NC I have several friends with new Malibus and dark interiors ... it's painful. You have no choice but to sit on a towel.

ahopkins22LSV
15 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Must be a little cooler up north. In NC I have several friends with new Malibus and dark interiors ... it's painful. You have no choice but to sit on a towel.

2019 material is handling the heat much better in my experience. Our TXi was moonbeam and that would almost burn you even in Michigan. 

On 11/26/2018 at 8:30 PM, boardjnky4 said:

My leg skin is cringing looking at that.

I have a 2019 with all dark graphite interior and it routinely gets to 100 degrees where I vacation and no issues.  Do they get hot? Yes but so did the moonbeam in my VLX.

15 minutes ago, Chappy said:

I have a 2019 with all dark graphite interior and it routinely gets to 100 degrees where I vacation and no issues.  Do they get hot? Yes but so did the moonbeam in my VLX.

Moonbeam in Las Vegas is a killer. It looks like it won't get hot, but it gets hotter than everything. I'd prefer black over moonbeam.

6 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

All the way to the upper 80s?  How can you guys even handle that? :Tease3:

(riddle us how it does in the 110s?)

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

All the way to the upper 80s?  How can you guys even handle that? :Tease3:

(riddle us how it does in the 110s?)

Idk... we never get there lol. Order a new boat and find out! ;)

We get temps in the 90’s quite often so I’ll report back again next year. @IXFE will have graphite and black in his boat this year so hopefully he mimicks what @Chappy and I have said.