Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

Anything new on the covers? Seems like midship on sides they could add a loop that goes down to trailer to keep taunt? While at dealership dropping off and noticed every boats cover in the middle was up over rub rail.. seems it's about time for a better option even if it's an upgrade.. I think this is one area that is overlooked every year.. I mean we can make trailers..and now engines... But a cover? Naa..  when your buying something as expensive (or more expensive) than a house one might expect a working roof! 

Im literally cursed when trailering and rain following me or no rain on radar but it's still raining.. can't cover with tower down or trailer on hwy with cover etc.. loose loose.. and I don't want to hear excuses about well..it's a 25... a few supports or arches whatever. I'm sure it would take some engineer a few days and the upcharge would pay his yearly salary!

I'm about ready to do something custom.. maybe wake makers can make me an inflatable support bag for front and cabin areas.. tube inflator, cover on, trailer ready! I think there's a market for such a (tube) ha. 

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, ID AX said:

Has anyone seen the specs on the new DI motors???  Curious how the M6di compares to the pcm H6di.  Sorry if I missed it but search feature hasn’t found it.  

Edit - think I found the carb numbers.  see link below.  Looks like the m6di produces 403 hp?

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroad/cert/eo/2019/sime/u-w-034-0004.pdf

Sounds about right, that’s what the 6.2 puts out in the truck lineup.

On 10/3/2018 at 11:27 PM, The Hulk said:

Anything new on the covers? Seems like midship on sides they could add a loop that goes down to trailer to keep taunt? While at dealership dropping off and noticed every boats cover in the middle was up over rub rail.. seems it's about time for a better option even if it's an upgrade.. I think this is one area that is overlooked every year.. I mean we can make trailers..and now engines... But a cover? Naa..  when your buying something as expensive (or more expensive) than a house one might expect a working roof! 

Im literally cursed when trailering and rain following me or no rain on radar but it's still raining.. can't cover with tower down or trailer on hwy with cover etc.. loose loose.. and I don't want to hear excuses about well..it's a 25... a few supports or arches whatever. I'm sure it would take some engineer a few days and the upcharge would pay his yearly salary!

I'm about ready to do something custom.. maybe wake makers can make me an inflatable support bag for front and cabin areas.. tube inflator, cover on, trailer ready! I think there's a market for such a (tube) ha. 

You can already order that cover with straps.  There is also a new hangtyte design this year too (well, new from 17 anyway).  now has two attachment points on cover and you can cinch it "up" from outside of boat when covered.  Use a bow support pole.  What exactly else is needed/desired?  I live in a far rainier climate than indiana and don't ever have any pooling.  Maybe ask your dealer to show you how to cover your boat properly :lol::)

5 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

You can already order that cover with straps.  There is also a new hangtyte design this year too (well, new from 17 anyway).  now has two attachment points on cover and you can cinch it "up" from outside of boat when covered.  Use a bow support pole.  What exactly else is needed/desired?  I live in a far rainier climate than indiana and don't ever have any pooling.  Maybe ask your dealer to show you how to cover your boat properly :lol::)

Stock cover is junk. Need to see if it works for the 16s I would assume so

Edited by The Hulk
1 hour ago, 85 Barefoot said:

whats the problem with it?

U can't be serious?

When u tighten straps in rear they just pull up p over rub rail mid ship. Same as every stock cover I've seen on every Malibu in every lot. Pools water the second it gets any heavy rain and dumps it up and over into the tower wrap around area.. can't trailer with it.. can't cover it with tower down...so tower is also mess when trailering.. front pole worthless when trailering as well will probably rip.. shall I continue? 

Called Evo no go on a 25 .. I just don't think a cover is rocket science.. I also think someone should have a solution without me making it.. 

Stock cover on the 16s and prior is a joke period.. 

1 hour ago, COOP said:

None of our new stock boats have the cover coming up midship. There was an option for a tower down cover, but it was only for the G4 tower. What brand cover are you ordering?

Would like to find something that can work with 2016 25lsv w g4 tower down. Aaaaaaand trailerable on the hwy.. 

10 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

You can already order that cover with straps.  There is also a new hangtyte design this year too (well, new from 17 anyway).  now has two attachment points on cover and you can cinch it "up" from outside of boat when covered.  

Saw that feature on @ahopkinsVTX cover. Definitely a step up from my 18 lsv cover. Still not sure I would check that box over an evo cover again...

ahopkins22LSV
39 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Saw that feature on @ahopkinsVTX cover. Definitely a step up from my 18 lsv cover. Still not sure I would check that box over an evo cover again...

Should have been stock on your 2018 too, for the CS cover. I use no poles and just the hangtyte. Zero pooling ever. Sometimes I feel that using the poles gets the cover too high and s doesn’t allow it to tighten around the rub rail as it should. 

On 10/3/2018 at 8:08 PM, UWSkier said:

That's cool... but I will say the sealant around the exhaust fitting looks like it was put there by an 8th grade shop class...  :)

Another testament to the quality of a hand built boat! There is absolutely no excuse for that in a near 6 figure boat. 

55 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Should have been stock on your 2018 too, for the CS cover. I use no poles and just the hangtyte. Zero pooling ever. Sometimes I feel that using the poles gets the cover too high and s doesn’t allow it to tighten around the rub rail as it should. 

Nope. I have the hang tyte ropes and but no way to tighten from the transom like you do. So with my cover you have to make sure the ropes are the right length, if they aren’t perfect, it creates a lot of back and forth with adjustments to make them right. 

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Nope. I have the hang tyte ropes and but no way to tighten from the transom like you do. So with my cover you have to make sure the ropes are the right length, if they aren’t perfect, it creates a lot of back and forth with adjustments to make them right. 

When I was at the factory in 2017 I saw and was told that it was going to be standard for 2018. I might ask your dealer about it. Doesn’t seem right that you don’t have it if you have the CS cover. 

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, wdr said:

Another testament to the quality of a hand built boat! There is absolutely no excuse for that in a near 6 figure boat. 

Yes, OMG, I am soooo mad!! Not... 

Here is a testimony of the quality of our boat. That is one of the six or seven (can’t remember exactly) other minor things we have on our warranty list. Most of them being on the trailer. The boat has been near flawless other then that and a scratched wind screen. Both of which are no big deal at all. We got off the lake last night with 48.something hours on it. We took delivery in mid August. I couldn’t ask for anything more. 

• Like 3

This isn’t a lecture or judgement but, for my money and in my mind some simple 6 or 7 thing(s) should of never left the factory in the first place. Especially knowing someone gets paid to do a final inspection and that someone on the buying end would want them to be fixed, a scratched windshield being a prime noticeable example. Maybe I have been jaded by the less than professional build techniques I have found over the years going through my boat. The bottom line for me is I would expect that the computer,  internal engine part or electrical item might have a gremlin that was undetectable, but not the obvious things that are going to require the owner to drag the boat down to the dealer god knows how many hours, to sit outside, wait for someone to fix it and then have to take time off to drive down pick up the boat and run then run the gauntlet to get it home. This is not a dig on Malibu, you can pick a builder and insert name, but for near a house payment I expect better. Would I buy another Malibu, absolutely. Beautiful boat by the way @ahopkinsVTX.

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

Right but the 6 or 7 thing I have are all minor blemishes. Nothing remotely close to hindering boat use. Personally I’d rather have those ten times over then engine or computer issues and I feel that not having those issues speak more to Malibu’s quality then a few minor cosmetic issues. A person inspecting a boat is not going to catch everything, it’s impossible. Ask anyone in any kind of manufacting or building of anything if visual inspection has always prevented everything. If they tell you it has, they are lying through their teeth. And thank you for the compliment on the boat, we love it. 

Btw, the walk through wind screen is scratched not the windshield ;)

• Like 2
15 hours ago, The Hulk said:

U can't be serious?

When u tighten straps in rear they just pull up p over rub rail mid ship. Same as every stock cover I've seen on every Malibu in every lot. Pools water the second it gets any heavy rain and dumps it up and over into the tower wrap around area.. can't trailer with it.. can't cover it with tower down...so tower is also mess when trailering.. front pole worthless when trailering as well will probably rip.. shall I continue? 

Called Evo no go on a 25 .. I just don't think a cover is rocket science.. I also think someone should have a solution without me making it.. 

Stock cover on the 16s and prior is a joke period.. 

I am serious...within the last 4 years I've had an a22, VTX, T22, VLX, and now a '19 A22.  Prior to that, going back to 1998, family has had more than 10 different boats.  A properly installed cover doesn't have any of those issues (except inability to cover with tower down).  You've also always had the ability to order a cover with straps (which I don't even have, and never have pool/leakage EXCEPT for the times I didn't take the time to properly install).  If you have a hangtyte (really, even if you don't), this is  either user error, or selection of the wrong cover by dealer.  Sorry.  If you need more tension amidships then take your cover to a local upholsterer and add some straps.  Nothing wrong with stock cover for mild trailering or rain prevention.  How you can possibly get rain entry around tower from pooling is beyond me, the rubberized wrap goes a foot up the towers.  If you STILL have a problem, may want to apply some 303 waterproofer which will renew the beading action.

The 25 is certainly difficult to get covered and not pool up. It helps to park the boat on a slight incline or put a brick under the jack and jack it up super high. Anything you can do to get gravity to help you will do wonders.

Also, I find the commercial sewing cover to be a little bit better than the Great Lakes cover. You can also get a REALLY NICE tower-down cover for a 25LSV that is brilliant for trailering.

14 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Would like to find something that can work with 2016 25lsv w g4 tower down. Aaaaaaand trailerable on the hwy.. 

Outer Armour By Commercial Sewing part number MAL8119G4D-41

G4 tower down towable cover. How ever, its cut for four(4) board racks, if you only have two there will be openings in the cover where the other two should be.

32 minutes ago, COOP said:

G4 tower down towable cover. How ever, its cut for four(4) board racks, if you only have two there will be openings in the cover where the other two should be.

I don't know if its a good idea for hulk to be using a cover with four points to seal if he's having a hard time with two now...

j/k Hulk :lol:

...but seriously, how in the world do you have water entry around the tower?

Edited by 85 Barefoot
1 hour ago, COOP said:

Those openings have zippers so you can close them up if you only have 2 racks.