Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

I am a big fan of the new 2019 25LSV design.  Our family loved our 2016 25LSV,. After getting a chance to surf the 2019 with Jeff Langley it did not disappoint.  This is a boat that preserves that classic "what a boat is supposed to look like profile" while adding some "edge" and a lot of cool upgrades.  As a 300Lb surfer, the length and push of the wave are most important and I would say that this boat delivers.  It certainly surfs a bit better than the 2016 and is on par with the current 24MXZ.  We surfed it stock with PNP bags.  An additional 500-700LB of steel ballast and this boat would be amazing. High compliment coming from a M235 rider.

• Like 4

That’s sort of ridiculous. All the wake- and surf-barges I see on the lakes have their platform at or below water level anyways due to being heavily loaded with whatever ballast available. Plus, if someone is not able to climb a platform they are probably better off buying a pontoon boat. :lol:

Sorry, I’m a skier from the bottom of my heart, so not too much sympathy for the big a** wake monsters. :innocent:

Edited by Chaabo
3 minutes ago, Chaabo said:

That’s sort of ridiculous. All the wake- and surf-barges I see on the lakes have their platform at or below water level anyways due to being heavily loaded with whatever ballast available. Plus, if someone is not able to climb a platform they are probably better off buying a pontoon boat. :lol:

It's an F150 man-step for surfers.  :)

Seriously though, I think it'll be useful for getting in and out of the boat on the trailer.  It's pretty ridiculous these days.  I'm 6'5" and I can't see into a 22LSV on a tandem trailer without going on my tip toes.  I can reach the driver's side cupholder flat-footed on my Response. 

1 minute ago, teamerickson said:

I don’t see any pictures with the step folded up on the swim deck? I sure hope those brackets aren’t just sitting there exposed waiting for knees to hit them? :(

With how I kick and push myself up onto the platform I'd worry about something else hitting those brackets if they protrude...

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

First good photos I've seen of this.  Pretty cool.

6859349_20180928140617989_1_LARGE.jpg?t=

6859349_20180928140618434_1_LARGE.jpg?t=

I imagine that will be more useful on land than on water TBH.  People won't need to bring ladders with them to get in and out of their boats on the staging ramp anymore.

That is what the trailer is for.  The trailer was redesigned in 2018 make it easier to step on and then onto the boat.  With a young child, I am a fan of having a step, but to me it looks like that is a big step up to get onto the platform.  Maybe the picture is kind of deceiving.  It looks like a kid would still need to pull themselves up to get onto the platform.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I don’t see any pictures with the step folded up on the swim deck? I sure hope those brackets aren’t just sitting there exposed waiting for knees to hit them? :(

58F27837-DD2E-4EF2-B374-EC383FF815C6.jpeg

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Love the concept for sure but those brackets look like some knee knockers for sure!

Yeah, totally agree. Those are prime placement for taking out a few knee caps. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, UWSkier said:

First good photos I've seen of this.  Pretty cool.

6859349_20180928140617989_1_LARGE.jpg?t=

6859349_20180928140618434_1_LARGE.jpg?t=

I imagine that will be more useful on land than on water TBH.  People won't need to bring ladders with them to get in and out of their boats on the staging ramp anymore.

Yeah we bring the small step ladder...am actually thinking about getting an addon ladder for my 257. Unloaded with 1000 lead the SP is about 5 in out of the water, fully ballasted it is 6 in underwater.  When surfing the water is about 10in below the SP, so it wont affect the wave. Another buddy had added one to his boat and my wife likes it..so...will prolly add one.  The integrated SP from the factory is nice. 

4 hours ago, Hemmy said:

That is what the trailer is for.  The trailer was redesigned in 2018 make it easier to step on and then onto the boat.  With a young child, I am a fan of having a step, but to me it looks like that is a big step up to get onto the platform.  Maybe the picture is kind of deceiving.  It looks like a kid would still need to pull themselves up to get onto the platform.

if you're referring to those trailer steps, they've been around for years.  Just an option.

I saw the new flip down in action...it is very well integrated, and if I had a 23 or 25, I'd definitely order.

1 hour ago, G Spot said:

The swim step hinges are a bit awkward looking. No worse then the pre 2019 surf pipe though, which I have. As for the knee busters, probably won't be much of an issue because it will probably be deployed whenever people are in water. On second thought, I probably would not pull it down if I was the only one in the water after a set because I jumped in and no body else got in then. I have thought that if they would just wire a fill rear ballast button on the rear transom withing waters reach, that would let you drop the platform from in the water every time you forget before exiting. (which I forget every time it's needed) Wouldn't need to drain just fill, you can drain it after getting back in.

Edited by dalt1

wow I think those look a lot worse than the old surf pipe from a safety standpoint.  I'm sure my dogs would love that flip down step though.  Eager to hear how they work out IRL.  What happens if you just run around with the step flipped all the time?

30 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

wow I think those look a lot worse than the old surf pipe from a safety standpoint.  I'm sure my dogs would love that flip down step though.  Eager to hear how they work out IRL.  What happens if you just run around with the step flipped all the time?

I've been assured by all the surf pipe lovers that swimmers NEVER come in contact with ANYTHING beneath the platform.  :blush:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I've been assured by all the surf pipe lovers that swimmers NEVER come in contact with ANYTHING beneath the platform.  :blush:

man from those pictures, if the trailing edges of the hinges are "under" and not "behind" the platform tho, it's just barely.  like they're as far back as possible and still under.  I don't *think* the pw2/surfpipe was quite that bad?  I dunno since I have the plebian floater with the less goofy SP design.