Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

11 minutes ago, P6Expert said:

I went to this website (above) and really like some of the new features shown on the video.  While looking at the photo gallery, I noticed in photo #7, that there was a couple on the swim deck with some object halfway on the swim deck and halfway in the water that was the same color as the boat.  My question to the group is what is the boat colored object on the swim deck?  New feature?

New platform design/option.  It was discussed earlier but I can't remember where.

34 minutes ago, Brantb said:

I am a horrible computer so the video is super laggy, but did i see a person skiing behind that 25?

Yes, they did.  But notice they did not show them getting launched off the wake!

24 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Yes, they did.  But notice they did not show them getting launched off the wake!

I was driving the boat in that scene and I don't recall the skier getting launched... @G Spot - do you recall getting launched?

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Murphy8166 said:

I was driving the boat in that scene and I don't recall the skier getting launched... @G Spot - do you recall getting launched?

For all the money Malibu is spending on their super neato graphics (which really are awesome this year), you'd think they could run some credits for us at the end!  :)  Who's who?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Chappy said:

Jeez, how many times does this need to be addressed? @IXFE

I ain’t gonna keep correcting people who can’t seem to pay attention to detail or understand nuance...

Last time I did that I was called a pedant by some newbie who’s been on the site for like 15 minutes. 

Believe what you want to believe, folks. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Murphy8166 said:

Nah, I thought it performed incredible for a big, heavy 25' boat. That boat is amazing BTW. Cool experience for sure. 

• Like 2

Love some of the new features, including batteries in the bow (the one thing I hate about my 24 MXZ), wireless charging, the storage behind the driver and the new wakeview seating! Now someone please design one without the chopped up gel scheme!

4 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

side note: confused.... so the bimini was taken off for majority of the video and then added into video when its deployed? 

Yes, I think it is pretty common in these shoots to remove the bimini to allow for better shots/less shadows. 

18 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Bench seat, positons = Great!, Table = awesome!, one FAIL is not allowing it to lay FLAT to make a bed, unless it can and they didnt show but i doubt it?

I thought the same thing!

18 hours ago, hethj7 said:

And......what are your impressions?   How is the new motor? Wake\wave?

I echo exactly what Chad says in the walk through video about the wake/wave.  New motor is great...but don't have more than 4-5 hours personally driving it and I never track fuel, noise, etc.  So, not much information other than the boat I was in had around 80 hours on it and tight as a drum, performed flawlessly and is a complete double up machine for the driver, passengers and riders.

There's a few of the engines out there in other models that I have access to...so I'll be spending more time this winter getting some more real world feedback on them.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

wirless charging x3 GREAT!....if they actually work...

Bench seat, positons = Great!, Table = awesome!, one FAIL is not allowing it to lay FLAT to make a bed, unless it can and they didnt show but i doubt it?

Love the wireless charging. All three worked flawlessly on my iPhone 8plus. Missing that feature on my 18' 23 LSV.

It took a few tries for me to get the hang of the wake bench seating given how it swivels/slides, but it is so functional. Hoping that feature flows into the 2020 23 LSV. 

14 minutes ago, G Spot said:

Love the wireless charging. All three worked flawlessly on my iPhone 8plus. Missing that feature on my 18' 23 LSV.

It took a few tries for me to get the hang of the wake bench seating given how it swivels/slides, but it is so functional. Hoping that feature flows into the 2020 23 LSV. 

How do we get an invite to join the photo shoots? 

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

ok walk though. THANK YOU finally malibu launches a boat correctly with a simple video to show off features! bravo..

seat hinging and storage great improvement IMO easier to access with larger openings.

bow storage access nice improvement. 

wirless charging x3 GREAT!....if they actually work...

should of added wireless charging on rear cabin side pockets each side! why stop at only 3? ha

heater position built into driver side helm, way better than under pass seat install.

Battery position: love it! frees up pass storage more like a nautique.

windscreen storage. ohhhh thank you!!!!! i keep mine out of the boat affraid kids will break if and when i need it its not there. PIA to keep in rear lockers as well. 

New cooler area...hmm interesting, not as easy as my 2016 with cooler resting on the area, simply open cooler lid.. but i think i like the storage area, Possible second sub install might be nice area.. 

squared seat-backs and bow looks like it might not be as comfortable sitting in a corner seems to be all brands moving to sharper corners etc.. 

Tower: not a fan of side speakers, cant fold top mounted board racks in far enough if you have normal boat lift. 

rear seats i see cup holder position has changed seems awkward to have cup holder at seat level? but looks clean at least, maybe cleaner than having it on the deck, i wont complain . 

Bow-top deck in front of windshield, love the aluminum covers over the vents, this smooths this top deck out vs the old design and provides what looks like a great place to STEP into the boat from the bow without slipping on fiberglass. 

volume control for various speakers....about time!

fill volumes/tanks measuring with sacs. awesome! no need to hit fill again!

front camera... not sure why you need this, i guess for driving near /picking up fallen riders? although the screen is a bit small for viewing clearly such things. but cool feature i guess

Video: finally showing a bit more realistic family action, food, kids, food+Kids, fireworks on the lake, this video makes me want to buy Malibu! This video finally touching a bit more to who is buying these things unlike the SNOB M235 video launch.

This is probably the best boat video i have seen period! 

wonder if i could order one with a G4 still?

All great points, Hulk. I’ve seen the boat in person last week when it was here in DFW for that surf event. It’s really amazing. The GX tower in particular blew me away, and I wasn’t convinced I’d like it. 

So... when are you placing your order?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, IXFE said:

All great points, Hulk. I’ve seen the boat in person last week when it was here in DFW for that surf event. It’s really amazing. The GX tower in particular blew me away, and I wasn’t convinced I’d like it. 

So... when are you placing your order?

Probably another year, don't have time for back and forth to dealer, will see how new engine goes this year, hoping the slider Bimini is the normal option not the flip one? 

Maybe in 2020 they will fix bench for lying flat into bed that would be a game changer for our family and kids/naps! 

Also cup holders should be reessed not sticking up on back of seat IMO.. simple fix I would think, very tempted though. Liking more than I would have thought! 

Edited by The Hulk
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

I talked to WSA today who ran the boat ALL day surfing at that event on Friday. When it was over gas gauge read 60%. Everybody was shocked. 

That’s just one data point, but certainly looks promising from a fuel efficiency perspective. 

Yeah, but how big is the fuel tank?  Can anyone confirm it is 77 gallons?