Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

It has been about a month since I checked in on wireless charging for 2019.  Charging in the pocket to the right of the captain's chair seems to be confirmed.  I am beginning to assume this is the only wireless charging addition/option?  I heard different things about addition of wireless charging in the Sport Dash phone holder.....seems this maybe is not a factory option?  I still haven't found a build picture of a 2019 showing anything other than the standard Sport Dash setup.

Anybody actually seen a wireless charging option in the phone holder bracket out in the wild?

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, D_Turner said:

It has been about a month since I checked in on wireless charging for 2019.  Charging in the pocket to the right of the captain's chair seems to be confirmed.  I am beginning to assume this is the only wireless charging addition/option?  I heard different things about addition of wireless charging in the Sport Dash phone holder.....seems this maybe is not a factory option?  I still haven't found a build picture of a 2019 showing anything other than the standard Sport Dash setup.

Anybody actually seen a wireless charging option in the phone holder bracket out in the wild?

The 2019 mxz that they are using for the rider experience and just ride tour has it in both places. 

ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, Fman said:

Ah man that would be sweet! As you already know...17"/2:1 #gamechanger

I don’t think he means his 23 lsv will have 17” prop, maybe he is going back to the 25 LSV? @IXFE trying to be sneaky?

2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

The 2019 mxz that they are using for the rider experience and just ride tour has it in both places. 

Okay, just still haven’t seen any evidence in the many photos I have seen of the builds coming into dealers so was starting to wonder.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I don’t think he means his 23 lsv will have 17” prop, maybe he is going back to the 25 LSV? @IXFE trying to be sneaky?

He must have been paid to downgrade to a 23? Who does that?  Only @IXFE since he will only be with it for a year? Ha

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

He must have been paid to downgrade to a 23? Who does that?  Only @IXFE since he will only be with it for a year? Ha

Being a flipper, I think the 23 is still the sweet spot.  For whatever reasons, the 25's just don't seem to move as fast.   

23 hours ago, IXFE said:

Let this pic wash over you for a moment...

0D39078A-6440-46EC-BC19-524563757838.jpeg

Been like looking at this. So that’s the 2019 props they are offering? Are you hinting that they are offering those with less pitch than were previously offered due to their engines will not have the HP and torque that the raptors have? 

10 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

Been like looking at this. So that’s the 2019 props they are offering? Are you hinting that they are offering those with less pitch than were previously offered due to their engines will not have the HP and torque that the raptors have? 

I’m not hinting anything. Just thought with all the engine/tranny/prop conversation going on lately this was an interesting piece of the puzzle. 

7 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I’m not hinting anything. Just thought with all the engine/tranny/prop conversation going on lately this was an interesting piece of the puzzle. 

Oh I gotya. The 1to 2 vdrive will also help them if that is the case. 

3 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Being a flipper, I think the 23 is still the sweet spot.  For whatever reasons, the 25's just don't seem to move as fast.   

It's been the all time top selling wakeboard boat across the industry for the past 10 years for a reason...it sells itself.  After owning a few VLXs I can see why.  Big enough but not over the top....and for that reason deserves a 17" er and 2:1 trans:biggrin: c'mon Jack just do it!

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Fman said:

It's been the all time top selling wakeboard boat across the industry for the past 10 years for a reason...it sells itself.  After owning a few VLXs I can see why.  Big enough but not over the top....and for that reason deserves a 17" er and 2:1 trans:biggrin: c'mon Jack just do it!

I’m just curious. Why not just leave trans same and Add the 17” prop? Why go lower geared? The boat is lighter than the  M. May handle the 17” prop anyway with just a longer shaft to give it clearance Found out my M has the 1.76 gear ratio which is higher geared and it handles it nicely. 

17 hours ago, D_Turner said:

See the new topic I just posted. 

2 hours ago, spikew919 said:

I’m just curious. Why not just leave trans same and Add the 17” prop? Why go lower geared? The boat is lighter than the  M. May handle the 17” prop anyway with just a longer shaft to give it clearance Found out my M has the 1.76 gear ratio which is higher geared and it handles it nicely. 

Assuming they are mating the 17" to a 2:1 trans (Axis A24) because it helps turn the larger prop even easier??? Both boats I have spent some time in with this combo performed exceptionally well.  Can someone confirm the 25LSV also uses a 2:1 ratio?  I thought it did. That seems a little strange to me the M would not use a 2:1 unless possibly it was not available when you ordered your boat?

10 minutes ago, Fman said:

Assuming they are mating the 17" to a 2:1 trans (Axis A24) because it helps turn the larger prop even easier??? Both boats I have spent some time in with this combo performed exceptionally well.  Can someone confirm the 25LSV also uses a 2:1 ratio?  I thought it did. That seems a little strange to me the M would not use a 2:1 unless possibly it was not available when you ordered your boat?

M comes “standard” with supercharged engine which is probably why. Someone here mentioned their supercharged 25 lsv was not 2:1 either...

seems the non sc motors are running 2:1. 

13 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

M comes “standard” with supercharged engine which is probably why. Someone here mentioned their supercharged 25 lsv was not 2:1 either...

seems the non sc motors are running 2:1. 

Seems a bit pointless to get the SC then if the output is almost the same? Just lower rpms mainly and more expensive gas that isn't available on most lakes? 

2 hours ago, Fman said:

Not sure if was available. I Know for sure it is the 1.76 to 1. I turned the old one to be sure since I thought it was 2 to 1. Being as the new one they sent was a 1.76 to 1   

But it turns the 17” prop great 

On 7/28/2018 at 12:36 PM, IXFE said:

Let this pic wash over you for a moment...

0D39078A-6440-46EC-BC19-524563757838.jpeg

As a pcm 6.0 owner, I'm reading "6.0 can't push what raptor could, so gearing down is mandatory."

• Like 3
5 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Maybe although I thought the calcs had nothing to do with actual seating but rather weight/size of boat formula if some sorts?  Makes me wonder about the gas and ballast more so than the seat.. and the dry weight will be further off, do they actually put these things on scales? Seems the same exact weight to the pound 5600? Have a hard time believing this.

They should start listing loaded weights as well with options and  full gas etc..(not including ballast). There are now waaaaaay  too many idiots are buying boat lifts that are under rated with a full tank of gas/gear/ and a person or two.. I mean easily add 1k+ lbs or more  to that dry weight.. 

On the new 22 LSV, Malibu shows 2 different dry weights for this boat.  In the walk through video they show it at 4,900 lbs and on their comparison page they have it listed at 4,300 lbs. 

8 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Maybe although I thought the calcs had nothing to do with actual seating but rather weight/size of boat formula if some sorts?  Makes me wonder about the gas and ballast more so than the seat.. and the dry weight will be further off, do they actually put these things on scales? Seems the same exact weight to the pound 5600? Have a hard time believing this.

They should start listing loaded weights as well with options and  full gas etc..(not including ballast). There are now waaaaaay  too many idiots are buying boat lifts that are under rated with a full tank of gas/gear/ and a person or two.. I mean easily add 1k+ lbs or more  to that dry weight.. 

Here's an interesting quote from my owner's manual for my Floe lift.  My dry weight is 3500#, and I have a 5000# lift.  Wish I had gone bigger......

".......... a 5,000 pound total boat weight could easily over-load one of the main lift beams on a 5,000 pound capacity lift. For instance, if the boat was positioned so that one main lift beam supported 3,000 pounds and the other only supported 2,000 pounds, the lift would be over-loaded. For this reason, FLOE recommends that your total loaded boat weight doesn’t exceed 85% of the lifts rated capacity and that you locate and place the boat’s center of gravity (balance point) in the center of the two lift beams."

So now a 5000# lift is recommended to only lift 4250#?  

8 minutes ago, Sixer said:

Here's an interesting quote from my owner's manual for my Floe lift.  My dry weight is 3500#, and I have a 5000# lift.  Wish I had gone bigger......

".......... a 5,000 pound total boat weight could easily over-load one of the main lift beams on a 5,000 pound capacity lift. For instance, if the boat was positioned so that one main lift beam supported 3,000 pounds and the other only supported 2,000 pounds, the lift would be over-loaded. For this reason, FLOE recommends that your total loaded boat weight doesn’t exceed 85% of the lifts rated capacity and that you locate and place the boat’s center of gravity (balance point) in the center of the two lift beams."

So now a 5000# lift is recommended to only lift 4250#?  

Good luck finding the exact center of gravity 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Totally agree... last year I tried to put my 25 LSV on a 6,000 lb. lift... no dice!