Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

12 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

That boat is a 2019 and a redesigned model , so it’s not crazy to think that it might have a new Malibu engine in it.

That's a 23 LSV (not redesigned) 

• Like 2
On 7/24/2018 at 4:24 PM, IXFE said:

76946532-901F-4349-BE83-80304B9AE4BD.jpeg

I'm a hater but I'll admit that this is pretty hot.  Not sure I have the stones to ever order one in this color, but whoever did this one did it right!

4 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

I'm a hater but I'll admit that this is pretty hot.  Not sure I have the stones to ever order one in this color, but whoever did this one did it right!

I don't think this was a custom order from a customer.  This was brought in by one of the sales guys at Waterski America.  They do a really good job of picking colors and finding color combo's that work with the newly released colors such as the Azule Blue.

So much more sparkle in that boat than what the pictures show!

8 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I'm still real curious to hear some butt dyno reports on the power difference (if any) between 2018 base Ford 6.2 (raptor) and 2019 base GM 6.0.

I bet your butt can't tell the difference!!

ahopkins22LSV
22 minutes ago, Murphy8166 said:

I was up at Waterski America this morning and had the opportunity to get in the boat and really look around.  The color is actually really pretty and I'm hoping to see it on the water really soon and maybe even get to play with it a bit. It was so new that it had not even been through dealer prep yet to get out on the water.

The most noticeable changes are of course the drivers seat which feels really good! The vinyl in the boat has gone back to a more vinyl feel versus the fabric feel of years past. They also took away the 3 stomp pads located on the sundeck sides and rear bench.  The standard motor was the PEG 409 which was in this boat and I bet the Vdrive and transmission changed accordingly..  I immediately noticed that there was more room in the motor compartment to maneuver for servicing events. 

The color is really sharp and it does well with the peanut butter colored interior as well.  I saw that that color combo a couple months back in a 22 LSV.  I'd try to see one in person and on the water before blindly ruling it out!!

Well done Malibu Boats and Waterski America!!

I noticed the same additional space in the 22lsv engine compartment at my dealer and I’m thrilled about that. The raptors take up literally ever square millimeter of space. 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, shawndoggy said:

People will eventually quit trusting you if you lie all the time.

Is that a prostar joke? Lol

The 2019 24 mxz they are taking all over the place has the front view camera. I was going to turn it on to see what it showed because maybe there is a need but I completely forgot when I was driving the event. 

1 minute ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Is that a prostar joke? Lol

The 2019 24 mxz they are taking all over the place has the front view camera. I was going to turn it on to see what it showed because maybe there is a need but I completely forgot when I was driving the event. 

Just busting your b@lls about the meaning of your sentence there, Ahop.  I think you meant "I see no need, to be honest"

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
Just now, shawndoggy said:

Just busting your b@lls about the meaning of your sentence there, Ahop.  I think you meant "I see no need, to be honest"

Haha! That one flew right over my head :blush: 

4 hours ago, Drew3308 said:

It is a little irritating you can buy a 2019 but they have not officially released any of the details. 

Preaching to the choir, it really is ridiculous!

ahopkins22LSV

Guys, the dealers are fully informed now. If you are that serious about ordering a 2019, visit your dealer. I don’t get why that’s a big deal. It’s not like you order these boats on Amazon... you have to go to the dealer anyway. 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Guys, the dealers are fully informed now. If you are that serious about ordering a 2019, visit your dealer. I don’t get why that’s a big deal. It’s not like you order these boats on Amazon... you have to go to the dealer anyway. 

I will give you a reason why, my dealer either did not inform me or did not know about the wireless charging option when I did my build sheet so I missed out on that and I would have liked to have had it on my boat. Let's flip it around, if you can order it they should at least have it on their website, is that too much to ask?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chappy said:

I will give you a reason why, my dealer either did not inform me or did not know about the wireless charging option when I did my build sheet so I missed out on that and I would have liked to have had it on my boat. Let's flip it around, if you can order it they should at least have it on their website, is that too much to ask?

Shouldn’t be too bad to add down the road. 

So for all these newbies on the lake surfing with their bows pointing to the sky they will have a camera so it doesn’t matter anymore?? Great:whistle:

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, Chappy said:

They should have had the full list of options in the dealer portal. Has your boat built yet? See if they can add it. 

Or see if they will order the part from Malibu and install it during their prep before you take delivery. 

I also thought someone said the charging station in the storage pocket behind the throttle was standard? I don’t know if that’s true though. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
11 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

My next door neighbor is on Vacation this week, and asked if I wanted to go with him to visit our Bu dealer to see if we could get the 2019 details. He’s looking to upgrade and wanted to look at Bu this time (has an axis)........ unfortunately, the change we found for 2019, was that the dealer closed their doors! 

I’m not sure why the Bu market is so stale in this area, but this sucks, because Pete was definitely one of the good ones, and would really bend over backwards for a customer. 

The cobalt dealer is huge in this area, and we thought that maybe they would pick up Bu now. We stopped and asked, and they were approached about it, but are not going to pick up the line. 

Looks like we are gonna be without a Bu option in this area for a while.

13 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Another new option. I see no need, to be honest. 

It's actually pretty nice on the ramps with a bit of a cross current. You can see how squared up to the bow roller you are.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
14 hours ago, Cory said:

Has anyone seen a PCM H6 in a Malibu yet?  I'm curious if the Malibu versions will get the convenient winterization plugs and storage bracket setup that I've seen in Nautiques.  

No PCM Di engines in the Malibu. Only DI's will be Malibu made.

14 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I noticed the same additional space in the 22lsv engine compartment at my dealer and I’m thrilled about that. The raptors take up literally ever square millimeter of space. 

Do the PCM motors use a remote cartridge style oil filter like the Raptor?