Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

11 hours ago, bamabonners said:

Is it just me or does it seem like malibu styling lately is a bit out of the 80s?

Malibu is actually behind the times on this, Nautique and MC have been doing it for a few years now and I have never seen more of them than I do now. A few years ago, I rarely saw a Nautique wake/surf boat in my area now they are everywhere.  Clearly, there is a demand in the market otherwise Malibu wouldn't have added those options.  I also love the trend of mostly solid interiors, some of the Malibu interior options in the past looked like a patchwork quilt my grandmother would make! 

17 hours ago, IXFE said:

76946532-901F-4349-BE83-80304B9AE4BD.jpeg

CCB77D07-F420-49E4-9E99-CA548D5E6FD6.jpeg

D8044546-8042-4EC3-8F03-18E3B0257762.jpeg

D7EB98FA-0920-41E6-87ED-50CA88568BA1.jpeg

CBB29492-7588-4B43-BAA8-40C8875B2AA8.jpeg

Needs some magenta to complete the look.

If you're not blasting this from the tower speakers at least once per outing with that boat, you're failing as a teal boat owner.

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
7 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Interesting that it also appears to have a 6.0L chevy motor in it

How is that interesting? We’ve spent the last 37 pages saying that’s what is going to be the base motor. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

How is that interesting? We’ve spent the last 37 pages saying that’s what is going to be the base motor. 

Must have missed it, I saw all the - will Malibu use their own motors speculation, but didn't really start looking at the thread until we got to the gawd awful colors section.

5 hours ago, Raimie said:

I am going to see if I can buy a 19 seat for my 18. I really don't like the current seat and Axis moved the pivot handle so that it is virtually impossible to find.

I removed the handle so the seat can swivel all the time, I hated trying to locate the handle to release the seat.

• Like 2

That engine looks like a PCM, not a Malibu-branded engine. I wonder which models will get the Malibu Engine? Perhaps the 25LSV which is slated for November release?

Edited by boardjnky4
47 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Must have missed it, I saw all the - will Malibu use their own motors speculation, but didn't really start looking at the thread until we got to the gawd awful colors section.

senior moment??

6 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

You must not have read anything then. 

And seriously drop the color complaints. You drive a maroon truck with the most ridiculous bed cover and side steps, towing a black and blue boat on a white trailer. You are a Lund bug shield on the hood away from having the most grandpa looking setup I’ve seen. So color complaints are pretty ironic from you. We all have different tastes but one post of that’s not for me would be all it takes. 

White trailer?  And the bug shield on the last truck was a westin, not a lund ;)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

. You drive a maroon truck with the most ridiculous bed cover and side steps, towing a black and blue boat on a white trailer. You are a Lund bug shield on the hood away from having the most grandpa looking setup I’ve seen.

Hahahhaaa

Burn.

ahopkins22LSV
14 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

That engine looks like a PCM, not a Malibu-branded engine. I wonder which models will get the Malibu Engine? Perhaps the 25LSV which is slated for November release?

The base motor is the 6.0 crusader, just like axis. Malibu engines will be introduced in 2019 or 2020 like was posted earlier in this thread.

Did that azure blue boat men and black flashy thing everyone?? 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Pretty sure he meant white tower. His post is still valid af.. I’m sure it’s functional. But color coordinated, not so much. 

Point is... different strokes, bud  

As for me, I think Azure Blue is amazing!  And no, that one at WSA is not mine. Seriously, does anybody pay attention anymore? When was the last time I bought a boat mid-summer?  Answer: never. It’s against my model. 

Ah, tower.  That would make more sense.  If I bought my trucks to match the trailers that I tow most frequently I'd have to get one that was U-Haul orange ;) for when I'm moving the kids back and forth to school.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

The base motor is the 6.0 crusader, just like axis. Malibu engines will be introduced in 2019 or 2020 like was posted earlier in this thread.

Did that azure blue boat men and black flashy thing everyone?? 

That boat is a 2019 and a redesigned model , so it’s not crazy to think that it might have a new Malibu engine in it.