Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

23 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Guys, the new seafoam green metalflake is AMAZING.

There is going to be a heck of an opportunity for someone in a few years re spraying over all these 70s jet boat colors. 

Edited by oldjeep
ahopkins22LSV
9 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

There is going to be a heck of an opportunity for someone in a few years re spraying over all these 70s jet boat colors. 

Yeah because all of the teal, maroon and pink boats from the 90’s have all been resprayed.... :blush:

9 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Yeah because all of the teal, maroon and pink boats from the 90’s have all been resprayed.... :blush:

Couldnt tell you the last time i saw a teal or pink ski boat.  Maroon is timeless, but you dont see many.  Point is tgat selling a mgabuck used wake boat tbat is poop or seafoam might be a little tougher in a few years

Edited by oldjeep
ahopkins22LSV
20 hours ago, wakedncsu said:

That is super sharp!

13A22B41-CEFD-4047-9715-EF2A54B406CB.jpeg.2f24f16db726beb1e6879dd45faf3926.jpeg

So this is a very minor thing, but they updated the surfgate logo on the transom as you can see in this picture. No more blue and orange. I know that’s classic for Malibu but I always thought it was ugly and was going to come off my boat. Might leave the new one on now. 

The seafoam green/blue is a trendy color that will come and go again.  Good if you plan on holding on to your boat for 25 years before selling.  Speaking of which, all those teal and pink '94 Echelons are starting to look HOT again!

tenor.gif?itemid=9123661

• Like 2

There is a market for all of the more bold colors combos out there, look at how popular the G Series boats are with all of their wild colors.

Edited by Chappy
3 hours ago, ndahlberg12 said:

WTF.…..

Also noticed on the rack behind, 2 different type of captains chair.... is one Axis and one Malibu?

On 5/8/2018 at 6:28 AM, pauley71 said:

I think we will get the GM plants in the 23 LSV.  My guess is part of them not going with a 17" prop on the redesigned 23 LSV (in 2018) was all the re-engineering of motor mounts, struts, etc.. only to do it again in 2019 when they changed the power plant.  

Agree ... I think the VLX will probably get updated  to follow the path of the 23 LSV.

I agree that we should see the GM motors soon.

Malibu Boats signs supplier deal with General Motors in 2016 and expects to begin using the engines as early as its model year 2019 boats.

https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/manufacturers/malibu-boats-signs-supplier-deal-with-general-motors

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

WTF.…..

Also noticed on the rack behind, 2 different type of captains chair.... is one Axis and one Malibu?

I believe so. I haven’t seen a 2019 Axis in person yet but have been in the 24 mxz that they are driving all over the country and a 22 LSV. The front and back one on that stand are malibu and I assume the middle one is axis. 

14 hours ago, greece_monkey said:

I agree that we should see the GM motors soon.

Malibu Boats signs supplier deal with General Motors in 2016 and expects to begin using the engines as early as its model year 2019 boats.

https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/manufacturers/malibu-boats-signs-supplier-deal-with-general-motors

#oldnews

• Like 1

I really like the new colored axis interiors, I’d have loved to have got a tan interior in my 18. Also since Malibu is putting pics out there can we get some info on the updated axis head unit? I HATE the stock 18 unit. If this is a decent step up and I can keep my surf beep I’d like to upgrade. Seems the addition of a knob to replace the up/down button is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 2