Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

On 6/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, UWSkier said:

Holy RPMs!  If I heard that boat coming down the lake I'd be looking for a barefooter.

Parkers boat has the biggest wake anyone has seen according to all the pros lol 

My 22 MXZ has the same 410 as the demo 24 MXZ, and I don't have surfpipe.  I forgot to check and see if the demo boat had surfpipe.

The cabin noise was slightly louder than mine is, but not terribly so. Here is a vid from my boat of me surfing, and you can hear how quiet mine is.  The mic on the phone over amplifies the engine noise, but if you listen, you can hear the sound of the water.  I think that gives an idea of how loud it is.

Of course both boats are louder at wakeboard speed, so it's not a direct comparison, but gives a rough idea. 

They aren't as quiet as the Supra, but I wouldn't say that either is excessively loud.

Forgive the poor form, this is my 3rd attempt on my first ever day of riding sideways in the water.  

2 hours ago, COOP said:

There is wireless charging in the pocket behind the shifter.

If there is wireless charging in that pocket, why is cord running across to the pocket? I know there is a usb plug in there. But when did they put wireless charging? 2019?

Edited by spikew919
33 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

If there is wireless charging in that pocket, why is cord running across to the pocket? I know there is a usb plug in there. But when did they put wireless charging? 2019?

That looks like an old (and broken) iPhone. I'm certainly not the expert, but I think iPhone began offering wireless charging functionality with iPhone 8 and X. 

As someone that has spent some time in the 2019's with an iPhone 8+, I think you'll be pleased -- functionality, location, etc.

Edited by G Spot
21 minutes ago, spikew919 said:

I think that is just because whoever’s phone that is in the picture either doesnt have wireless charging(could be an iphone 7) or didnt want to use it so they just plugged in to charge. The factory says to not use the usb plug under the sport dash to charge phones but I always did with no problems.  I was kinda hoping Malibu would do something cool on the sport dash bracket with the charging.  I like the phone where I can see it which is why I did mine the way I did.   I love that stock phone bracket for that reason...clamp it in and it sits there the rest of the day.  They took the ‘easy’ way out putting it under the plastic tray. :)

I loved the G4 more than the G3 or G3.2 when it first dropped, but man how can they think the Gx looks better...

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

I loved the G4 more than the G3 or G3.2 when it first dropped, but man how can they think the Gx looks better...

I'm with you. I think the G4 looks better. If i were buying a new boat, I wouldn't be interested in a power folding tower.

The best part about this thread IMO has been talking about how most towboat owners don't know how to set up their boat for the desired watersport or use them as just "lifestyle" boats. I get a kick out of the dude on our local lake that only uses his G23 for towing his kids around on a tube from the tower.

17 minutes ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

I also agree, I really do love the look and function of my G4 tower.  It is super easy to lower for garage storage.  Since my boat was a 2015, I had to upgrade to G4 Pistol Slider brackets for my bimini and now can quickly rotate my bimini to allow the tower to completely lower.  The original brackets on my G4 required me to completely remove the bimini fold the tower (two person job).  Now, it is simple one person to swing bimini out of the way and then folder tower 100% for store in my garage. 

In addition, the brackets to unlock the tower for lowering are simple to unlock and are out of the way and do not extended into the boat seating areas.  When I was looking for boats, I considered a Master Craft and quickly decided I hated the way the tower unlocking brackets extended into the boat seating areas.  I do not know if the G3.2 tower's brackets encroach into the seating areas, but all I can say is the G4's brackets do not.

With regards to looks, I feel the G4 tower is a clean modern design with sleek lines.  I love the way it looks on the water as well as in my garage.  It is both functional and nice looking. 

The downsides of the G4 would include extra cost (I bought my boat used, so I didn't pay this extra cost) and squeaking.  The G4 squeaks like crazy!!!  I have downloaded the MY16.Adv01.JUL08 Service Advisory to eliminate the squeaking, just haven't had the time to implement it yet.  Do G3 towers squeak?  One other downside of the G4 tower is there is no mirror bracket option to attach a mirror directly to the G4 tower.  It would be nice if this was possible as the mirror attached to the windshield blocks some of my views.

As far as an electronic self lowering Gx tower, this seems like a waste.  When lowering the G3 and or G4 towers is so easy, why would one spend money to fix a problem that does not exist?  

• Like 1

Will the bow of the 22 have flip down armrests?  It looks like there’s room but not on the boat.  Also, is that subwoofer enclosed?

Malibu's lines are looking more like Axis.  Not as classic but I like them...I'm also an axis owner so that makes sense that I would like them. 

1 hour ago, Ifinallygota21v said:

Will the bow of the 22 have flip down armrests?  It looks like there’s room but not on the boat.  Also, is that subwoofer enclosed?

No arm rest for 22 I was told.

7 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Standard option?!?!!!

I dont know, Im not in sales. I just know I saw it when the boat was here and we were checking it all out.

4 hours ago, spikew919 said:

I dont know why the cord is draped across, unless he want to control the music from his phone where he can see it, or, that phone doesnt have wireless charging capabilities.

This will be the first year Ive seen wireless charging.

Edited by COOP
4 hours ago, jaciche said:

The best part about this thread IMO has been talking about how most towboat owners don't know how to set up their boat for the desired watersport or use them as just "lifestyle" boats. I get a kick out of the dude on our local lake that only uses his G23 for towing his kids around on a tube from the tower.

There is one of those on our lake too. Sick G23 puling a tube(from the tower) every weekend. Have never seen them surf or wakeboard or anything. 

18 hours ago, IXFE said:

We’re gonna need to see a write up with pics...

I did a detailed one back in March/April with lots of pics.  I just tried sending the link to you in a PM @IXFE, but it says you can't receive messages so...... here it is if you want to scroll through lots of pics. 

Once somebody gets the opportunity to get some pictures of the guts of the phone tray behind the shifter, I would love to see them just for curiosity sake.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, D_Turner said:

I did a detailed one back in March/April with lots of pics.  I just tried sending the link to you in a PM @IXFE, but it says you can't receive messages so...... here it is if you want to scroll through lots of pics. 

Once somebody gets the opportunity to get some pictures of the guts of the phone tray behind the shifter, I would love to see them just for curiosity sake.

I just purchased a large Q iPad to put in the storage compartment by the throttle However unfortunately it is a 17 to 20 volt.. power supply not a 12-volt... if I'm bored I may have to find a dc-to-dc Boost to drive it... Thought it was going to be a 5-minute install guess that changed.. 

20 hours ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

I remember the hate most had here when the G4 was unveiled.

Turned to like and more fairly soon after launch.

On the wireless charging. I heard it will be an option on the sport knob phone holder.

3 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I remember the hate most had here when the G4 was unveiled.

Turned to like and more fairly soon after launch.

On the wireless charging. I heard it will be an option on the sport knob phone holder.

I remember the same, and even resistance to G3 vs original illusion.     

• Like 2