Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

1 hour ago, bigskydoc said:

Here is some video of Parker Siegele playing around behind the boat. Better idea of what the wake looks like when fully ballasted etc. 

When I asked Jeff about the wake, he said that he couldn’t get his usual wake due to needing more power (or a different prop) at our elevation. 

I cant comment on PW3 as I forgot to ask about it. 

Holy RPMs!  If I heard that boat coming down the lake I'd be looking for a barefooter.

1 hour ago, bigskydoc said:

I certainly smacked my head a couple of times on the lower speaker. Then again, I’m 6’2” and every time we bump into something with the hull, everyone looks at me to see if it was me bumping my head again. 

I think they should call this the power G3 Tower... if they discontinue the G4 I will be stuck switching Brands I am not going back to low speakers that everyone hits their heads on so hopefully they keep the G4 for a few years.. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Holy RPMs!  If I heard that boat coming down the lake I'd be looking for a barefooter.

No kidding. I think the days of old of getting 1500+ hours out of an engine are over. These ballast barges are using a ton of power all the time equating to engine wear. I know the newer LS based blocks are more resilient than the older 350 based engines, but still.

I remember last year when the new lsv was realesed and I was the first one to see the new boat on here:rofl:

Just commenting saying I’m sitting in the new lsv certainly woke you guys up 

2 hours ago, rugger said:

@bigskydoc

so can you say what the pw3 does?   Just surf pipe in front? 

More movement to give more lift and pull up further when stowed.

I think I heard there are more set positions for it as well.

57 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I think they should call this the power G3 Tower... if they discontinue the G4 I will be stuck switching Brands I am not going back to low speakers that everyone hits their heads on so hopefully they keep the G4 for a few years.. 

They have discontinued the G4. Hopefully they find a way to move the speakers on the GX because I agree.

1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Or maybe your 25 just went up in value with the legendary G4:biggrin: I also agree not sure why they would mount those tower speakers so low.  They should make the engineer(s) of the new tower sit there in back corner for awhile listening to those Rev 10's pounding there eardrums!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Im assuming you dont wakeboard.  24MPH with 12,000 lbs of displacement takes all kinds of motor. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fman said:

Or maybe your 25 just went up in value with the legendary G4:biggrin: I also agree not sure why they would mount those tower speakers so low.  They should make the engineer(s) of the new tower sit there in back corner for awhile listening to those Rev 10's pounding there eardrums!

Exactly another reason I cannot upgrade now.. my boat just went up 10 grand.. I just gained back the whole year of lost value! Literally the best purchase ever !! 

I seriously can't go back... Hopefully they'll bring it back before my 5yrs is up.. errr

Edited by The Hulk
22 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

4072_D603_C2_C5_436_D_AF23_E2_E2_D503_FF

Still got phone charge cords all in the way.........which I think that phone pictured needs more than just a Qi charger. :)

Edited by D_Turner
On 6/29/2018 at 11:12 PM, D_Turner said:

Still got phone charge cords all in the way.........which I think that phone pictured needs more than just a Qi charger. :)

Not sure about the steering wheel seems a bit goofy , I think it would drive the wife nuts for alignment

On 6/29/2018 at 6:04 AM, saxton15 said:

Yeah these "tour" boats get slammed with people and hours in a matter of weeks.  

Even still, that’s a bit excessive.  I would think they’d hold up better.   I’ve seen used boats from ski schools for sale that have better looking seems   Something is definitely wrong with that seat.  The rest of the vinyl looks good   

Wake looks clean, as expected from Malibu 

Edited by bamabonners

Nothing is wrong with that seat - just another change that Malibu has incorporated!  It's much easier to slide your bottom off the vinyl.  Contact charger is not located in the phone holder by the sport knob.  Think about it folks - these phones have to lay flat for the "contact charger" to work.

Edited by Murphy8166
52 minutes ago, Murphy8166 said:

Contact charger is not located in the phone holder by the sport knob.  Think about it folks - these phones have to lay flat for the "contact charger" to work.

I am not sure I am reading that right, but if you are referring to a "contact charger" as a wireless phone charger(Qi standard) you are incorrect.  The whole point is they don't have to come in "contact" with anything to charge.  My boat has a phone charger right next to the sport knob that I incorporated into the stock phone bracket.  Works great.  Was on the lake Saturday from 10:30am-3pm.  Battery percentage started at 37% and was at 81% at the end of the day streaming bluetooth music to the stereo all day with no wires.  :thumbup:

I am just curious if Malibu actually does incorporate wireless charging and how they do it for 2019 which is why I keep mentioning it.

Again maybe I am misunderstanding your "contact charger" terminology?

Edited by D_Turner
17 minutes ago, D_Turner said:

I am not sure I am reading that right, but if you are referring to a "contact charger" as a wireless phone charger(Qi standard) you are incorrect.  The whole point is they don't have to come in "contact" with anything to charge.  My boat has a phone charger right next to the sport knob that I incorporated into the stock phone bracket.  Works great.  Was on the lake Saturday from 10:30am-3pm.  Battery percentage started at 37% and was at 81% at the end of the day streaming bluetooth music to the stereo all day with no wires.  :thumbup:

I am just curious if Malibu actually does incorporate wireless charging and how they do it for 2019 which is why I keep mentioning it.

Will be a few yrs since iPhones just adapted the technology....well. slow charging at least

2 hours ago, D_Turner said:

We’re gonna need to see a write up with pics...

On 6/29/2018 at 3:53 PM, ahopkinsTXi said:

That’s just the loud sound of the raptor ;)

I don't even think it is that.  I've never seen/heard a cellphone video on a boat that didn't sound loud as s***e.  

Then, invariably, someone chimes in with the "that motor is screaming!" post.  

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, bamaboy said:

I don't even think it is that.  I've never seen/heard a cellphone video on a boat that didn't sound loud as s***e.  

Then, invariably, someone chimes in with the "that motor is screaming!" post.  

True. I was being sarcastic. And it was said that it wasn’t propped right for the elevation they were at so I’m sure it was working hard lol. 

On 6/29/2018 at 10:12 PM, D_Turner said:

There is wireless charging in the pocket behind the shifter.