Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

43 minutes ago, tbullard said:

Hard to tell without seeing the entire seat but is that piping supposed to be that wavey?

I thought the same thing, that looks horrible.  Almost as bad as the color combo on that boat, I get trying to be edgy with a demo boat but that thing is God awful ugly!

On 6/27/2018 at 9:54 AM, Murphy8166 said:

The 25 is not set to release until fall - why would Malibu release info right now?

If they are willing to take orders they should willing to release info on what people are getting, pretty simple.  You can order a 25 LSV now, but your build slot will not be until the fall big difference.

5 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

It was definitely underpowered at our elevation of 2,956 feet.  I'm not sure why they dIdn't spec it with the supercharged engine

Might have the standard prop?

5 hours ago, tbullard said:

Hard to tell without seeing the entire seat but is that piping supposed to be that wavey?

4 hours ago, Chappy said:

I thought the same thing, that looks horrible.  Almost as bad as the color combo on that boat, I get trying to be edgy with a demo boat but that thing is God awful ugly!

Looking closely it looks like it has a couple of tears in it at the bead. That thing is probably one of the prototype boats. I imagine it's had the crap beat out of it.

I forgot to check the number of hours, but this boat has definitely seen a ton of traffic, and not “load a few people at the dock and go out for the day” kind of use. It has been used hard and not babied like most of ours are.  Is it a repair?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

I actually took the picture to show that fold down step. I haven’t seriously looked at the 24 before, so I didn’t know if that is something that was present on previous year models.  

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, hunter77ah said:

Isn't that the vegas knights boat?

Well I think they used it but it’s listed for sale so idk. Either way it’s :vomit:

• Like 3

It’s not just you. But understand that Jeff Langley was driving and had it set up for a novice wakeboarder who we were towing at the time. Just single wake stuff.  

Ballast tanks were empty, and Jeff was hand feathering the throttle to make it easier on the rider  

You could see the wake change as the rider changed sides. Whichever side he was on,  would clean up and the opposite side would be washy  

When he ballasted up for Parker Siegele, the wake was pretty solid. Although, to be honest, I was so focused on Peter that I kind of completely forgot about the wake at that point. 

I’ll see if I can get some video up of Peter, and his wake, later. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, bigskydoc said:

Jeff Langley was driving and had it set up for a novice wakeboarder who we were towing at the time. Just single wake stuff.  

totally makes sense in that context.

9 hours ago, tbullard said:

Its supposed to match the new 25s rub rail. 

9 hours ago, bigskydoc said:

Today, I got a chance to ride on the 2019, 24 MXZ that was mentioned earlier in this thread.  The GX power tower is sweet.  Folds forward, but they didn't fold it all the way down so I couldn't answer the question of whether it is driveable when fully folded.  

It was a little funny that they have the "Powered by GM" stickers prominently displayed, but it is actually powered by a Ford block.  It sounds like they are installing a GM block in the next week or two.  

DCE1_F7_D0_837_B_46_FD_AC22_6_A0837_B605

4072_D603_C2_C5_436_D_AF23_E2_E2_D503_FF

932_FC60_A_FFA2_4_B73_A9_E3_06_BB1_A68_E

B32_FBCCD_AFA5_423_B_8_B9_C_3_E901210750

43_F100_D9_AEA2_42_BF_B12_F_D88_A1982158

Is it me or are those tower speakers mounted very low?  Looks like they would blow out ear drums sitting in the back?

6 minutes ago, Fman said:

Is it me or are those tower speakers mounted very low?  Looks like they would blow out ear drums sitting in the back?

They definitely look like they hang lower than the rev10s on my G3 tower. 

I certainly smacked my head a couple of times on the lower speaker. Then again, I’m 6’2” and every time we bump into something with the hull, everyone looks at me to see if it was me bumping my head again. 

Here is some video of Parker Siegele playing around behind the boat. Better idea of what the wake looks like when fully ballasted etc. 

When I asked Jeff about the wake, he said that he couldn’t get his usual wake due to needing more power (or a different prop) at our elevation. 

I cant comment on PW3 as I forgot to ask about it. 

Edited by bigskydoc
12 hours ago, Chappy said:

If they are willing to take orders they should willing to release info on what people are getting, pretty simple.  You can order a 25 LSV now, but your build slot will not be until the fall big difference.

If you walk into a dealer and want to buy one, I am sure that you can get all the details that you want.  I think the first time that a group of dealers saw one was about 3 weeks ago.   So to say that Malibu is not releasing any information is not entirely accurate. 

They have just chosen not to release the 2019 25 LSV Media Package until later in the season. 

In fact I think that you were releasing a lot of information while we were putting 10 hours on Prototype 1 at the Photo Shoot in May.  Where did you get your information?

Edited by Murphy8166