Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

6 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

So now we have a new feature where the vinyl can show water spots just like the fiberglass?  

This wouldn't work for me it would have white sunscreen spots all over it.. sunscreens hard enough with light colors .. this will be a nightmare... Maybe it's okay in Canada where you want the seats to be warm and don't need sunscreen..

ahopkins22LSV
10 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

lol how is malibus dash not the same? besides it being a huge screen it still takes up 1/2 the glass

What are you talking about? Every malibu has the same dash except for the TXi. It wouldn’t make sense for the TXi to have the 12” screen anyway. 

On 6/16/2018 at 11:02 PM, TallRedRider said:

Let's put the loudest speakers we can find even lower and directly in front of the benches along the side!  

Having tower speakers in this location means that you have seats in the bow and for maybe 2 people who aren't going to have bleeding eardrums if you want your rider to hear anything.  For the love of all things good on earth, put the speakers on top!  Towers used to be an option (are they still?), and were getting up to the 6-10K range. 

I would only order a Malibu if I could order one and do a tower delete, and get the 6-10K taken off the order.  Then I would get a rear arching tower where I could put speakers on top.  

On 6/16/2018 at 11:35 PM, ahopkinsTXi said:

There is nothing stopping you from ordering a Malibu without a tower. 

Or putting the speakers above the bimini.  I agree with your sentiment about the volume and location.

40873605660_5a0a6a103b_b.jpg

Edited by Slurpee
  • Like 3

I always worry about the rope up there.   The Epic transom speakers are actually an interesting concept, if they could work to project somehow and not just blast the swim step.  Then again, if power towers are the rage, how long until you see some sort of deployable speaker pod for riding?   It seems ridiculous, but a lot of things on these boats are these days.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

I always worry about the rope up there.   The Epic transom speakers are actually an interesting concept, if they could work to project somehow and not just blast the swim step.  Then again, if power towers are the rage, how long until you see some sort of deployable speaker pod for riding?   It seems ridiculous, but a lot of things on these boats are these days.  

I was worried to.  That's why the speakers aren't evenly spaced across the top which was my first concept.  The rope could rub on them when riders banked out hard on the board. There's a lot of curve on that rear hoop though.  The only way the rope even touches the speakers is if the rider is at 90 degrees to the center line.  We took it out for a long morning of boarding and we tried to tangle the rope in the speakers.  We were able to drive badly and get it hung up in the boards and board racks a lot, but couldn't get any conflict with the speakers.

1 hour ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

This is the second year in a row Malibu has released pictures with a god awful color scheme..... I mean really maroon on maroon is the best they could do.   

It also violates almost everyone one of @IXFE ‘s design rules. 

Nautique would never make these mistakes 

I completely agree, not doing themselves any favors.

On 6/17/2018 at 6:37 PM, The Hulk said:

This wouldn't work for me it would have white sunscreen spots all over it.. sunscreens hard enough with light colors .. this will be a nightmare... Maybe it's okay in Canada where you want the seats to be warm and don't need sunscreen..

I think this would be great for you.  The cheetos would only show up on the floor

5 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

I think this would be great for you.  The cheetos would only show up on the floor

Swap out for orange carpet then I'll be good 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:20 AM, TenTwentyOne said:

It’s because dealers would prefer to have ample time in the early summer to move the stock boats that are current model year. If info comes out early, potential customers are more likely to wait for the latest/greatest

If the manufactures truly cared about their dealer net work moving current year boats or customers waiting for the latest and greatest they wouldn't release any info or have next year build slots available until fall. 

Regardless the way Malibu goes about their releases has always been half assed, Even once its official their website won't be updated for a month or more. 

Edited by Chrisjjbrown
15 hours ago, Raimie said:

I like the surf pipe routing with pw3.

Is the change that the surfpipe is front of the wedge instead coming out over the top of it?