Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

I am all excited about Axis, then they seem to intentionally be creating a dash that is nearly as high as the windshield...it might as well be integrated into the glass.  Cleaning between the dash and glass might be a chore because can you even fit your hand in there?  

5 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I am all excited about Axis, then they seem to intentionally be creating a dash that is nearly as high as the windshield...it might as well be integrated into the glass.  Cleaning between the dash and glass might be a chore because can you even fit your hand in there?  

You're onto something! HUD display!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I am all excited about Axis, 

As a Nautique owner you should be ashamed you ever had this thought .... let alone put it in text 

Edited by Chrisjjbrown
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, smooky said:

Ronnie I m 100000000% with you about respect the dealer and confidentiality. 

But i will never say to my kids “I have ice cream in the fridge for you, but you cannot get some”

i mean if you have info about boat, picture etc. It is great and I m waiting for the release, but I don’t see the point about saying that you know something or have something but then saying that you cannot not post pics until the release.

The same as ice-cream with kids. 

Totally agree, I also don't get the delay in releasing info.  Once you can order a 2019 they should make everything public and update the website. It really isn't that hard and we are not talking about stealth bombers or nuclear subs here, why all the secrecy? smh

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, Chappy said:

Totally agree, I also don't get the delay in releasing info.  Once you can order a 2019 they should make everything public and update the website. It really isn't that hard and we are not talking about stealth bombers or nuclear subs here, why all the secrecy? smh

I agree with this too. If the portal is open to order 19’s then the new stuff should be out. In fairness I don’t know if you can order one of the new or refreshed boats but you can definitely select the new options. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TenTwentyOne said:

It’s because dealers would prefer to have ample time in the early summer to move the stock boats that are current model year. If info comes out early, potential customers are more likely to wait for the latest/greatest

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Exactly.

Mmmh.... same problem with automotive business and car dealers, but you can get the info before the car go out. I don’t see why boats new models are so secret. 

ahopkins22LSV

I understand that too. It was just kind of a pain going back and forth with my dealer to figure some of the new stuff out. They did an awesome job for me and we ended up getting everything answered but 99% of it could have been taken care of with just the press release.

Plus Malibu is posting videos on Instagram of the new tower... so they should just release the info on everything :)

5b250c9d21723_2018-06-1609_09_33-StoriesInstagram.thumb.jpg.c025e1cf6c80a995a3061de026002cbb.jpg

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 2

To be fair, it was a couple dealers leaking info.  They even posted pics asking if they should order a specific colour scheme.  Those pics were pulled pretty quick once we started updating this thread with the info.  Malibu themselves have only posted pics of the new 24MXZ with the GX.  

4 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

It’s because dealers would prefer to have ample time in the early summer to move the stock boats that are current model year. If info comes out early, potential customers are more likely to wait for the latest/greatest

Ummm, I am not buying that, dealers are smart business people and would order/manage their inventory appropriately. It would still be a 12 month sales cycle. 

Wasn't the dealer meeting earlier this week, let's get on with it release the details!

3 hours ago, smooky said:

Mmmh.... same problem with automotive business and car dealers, but you can get the info before the car go out. I don’t see why boats new models are so secret. 

Exactly!

15 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I understand that too. It was just kind of a pain going back and forth with my dealer to figure some of the new stuff out. They did an awesome job for me and we ended up getting everything answered but 99% of it could have been taken care of with just the press release.

Plus Malibu is posting videos on Instagram of the new tower... so they should just release the info on everything :)

5b250c9d21723_2018-06-1609_09_33-StoriesInstagram.thumb.jpg.c025e1cf6c80a995a3061de026002cbb.jpg

Let's put the loudest speakers we can find even lower and directly in front of the benches along the side!  

Having tower speakers in this location means that you have seats in the bow and for maybe 2 people who aren't going to have bleeding eardrums if you want your rider to hear anything.  For the love of all things good on earth, put the speakers on top!  Towers used to be an option (are they still?), and were getting up to the 6-10K range. 

I would only order a Malibu if I could order one and do a tower delete, and get the 6-10K taken off the order.  Then I would get a rear arching tower where I could put speakers on top.  

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
32 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Let's put the loudest speakers we can find even lower and directly in front of the benches along the side!  

Having tower speakers in this location means that you have seats in the bow and for maybe 2 people who aren't going to have bleeding eardrums if you want your rider to hear anything.  For the love of all things good on earth, put the speakers on top!  Towers used to be an option (are they still?), and were getting up to the 6-10K range. 

I would only order a Malibu if I could order one and do a tower delete, and get the 6-10K taken off the order.  Then I would get a rear arching tower where I could put speakers on top.  

There is nothing stopping you from ordering a Malibu without a tower. 

For those interested there are a ton of pics of the 2019 24 MXZ and the GX tower on the Malibu & Axis Owners Facebook page. The new helm seat is visible in a few pics as well. BTW- The color scheme and interior of that demo boat is brutal, not doing themselves any favors.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gibbs114 said:

The 24 mxz being posted everywhere seams to be the one I saw from dealer meetings. 

6EB4E64F-F1B0-4A0F-862E-6CAB22522105.jpeg

So now we have a new feature where the vinyl can show water spots just like the fiberglass?  

46 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

So now we have a new feature where the vinyl can show water spots just like the fiberglass?  

Looks that way😂