Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

I’ve actually had my hands on that white Gx Tower and it is really nice.  Put it up and down 5-6 times.  It’s very nice and folds down very well.

Makeing a judgement call in it based on some really crappy pictures is pretty short sided.  It’s much better built than the G4.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, NWBU said:

There’s no difference in the black and white towers, it’s just harder to see the details on the white one from the distance and pic resolution.

This is hard to believe from the two pics...

So I just parked my buddies 18 23 LSV next to my 16 23 LSV... the differences are awesome. I never noticed it until they were next to each other. I am sold on 2019 25 LSV. for sure.

I think Axis boats are getting nicer and nicer. Really like the new T22 and T23, and if I were in the market for a new boat I will definitely consider a new Axis over a new Malibu.

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, The Hulk said:

This is hard to believe from the two pics...

They are screen shots from Instagram stories on a day with terrible light. They are the same tower.

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, smooky said:

I think Axis boats are getting nicer and nicer. Really like the new T22 and T23, and if I were in the market for a new boat I will definitely consider a new Axis over a new Malibu.

They are. I really like them. If they had a crossover hull I would have strongly considered it. 

• Like 2

Does anybody know if the dimensions on the new 2019 22LSV have changed from the 2018 22VLX? Is it taller or longer? I just put a lot of work into getting my 22VLX to fit in my garage and had hoped not to do any more garage upgrades for quite some time.

1 hour ago, Brett B said:

Does anybody know if the dimensions on the new 2019 22LSV have changed from the 2018 22VLX? Is it taller or longer? I just put a lot of work into getting my 22VLX to fit in my garage and had hoped not to do any more garage upgrades for quite some time.

Let me clarify that I don’t know for sure, but it’s logical to believe that the new one is probably taller and heavier since that’s what happened when they applied the same updates to the 23 last year. 

2 hours ago, UWSkier said:

There's some interesting tech stuff on the new boats but I do think the entire industry has gone a bit mad with adding lines and chunks of color, unnecessarily flaring out the rub rail (the new TXi has cheeks and it appears the new wake boat has haunches) etc.  Regarding the gel color schemas, I think I've figured out how they're being derived.  There's a 4 year old kid somewhere being given a set of these blocks and being asked to make the shape of a boat.  What comes out is the new gelcoat design.

d761deaf401adfa26edb5eb625b96b5f.jpg

And now teal!   Like I said... 80s sports cars. How many teal camaros and speed boats did we see in the 80s?  It’s like Miami vice all over again. 

Its the market right now.  It’ll come back around.  

45 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

hard to beat

aantHzFh.jpg

FpnrQfqh.jpg

That's a bomber for sure. No telling what speed and rope length that is, or how tall the rider is, but it looks really good to me.

Right now, the 22 MXZ is my favorite wake in the lineup. It was more fun and shaped up easier than the 24 MXZ did, in my opinion. I have yet to get behind the new A24, but I MIGHT be getting that opportunity this weekend.

So the question is on the 25 are the gel lines actually sticking out wider than previously so now the trailer guides are wider or same? Is the boat as a hole wider?  Or did they narrow the rest of the boat and the part that sticks out now is just the same as the old with wondering if the beam length has changed because of this?

I think there must have been a mistake at the engineering department when somebody said add 2inches to the boat they went out instead of up.. 

3 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

That's a bomber for sure. No telling what speed and rope length that is, or how tall the rider is, but it looks really good to me.

Right now, the 22 MXZ is my favorite wake in the lineup. It was more fun and shaped up easier than the 24 MXZ did, in my opinion. I have yet to get behind the new A24, but I MIGHT be getting that opportunity this weekend.

77ft 23.2

6 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

The 18' A24 and the 17'+ 24 MXZ throw a similar wake, I recently demo'd both with similar set up and speed. My dealer told me the hulls are basically the same below the rub rail.

• Like 1