Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

I was expecting it to look more like a 2018 23 LSV, which I think I prefer over the 2019 25 LSV. I also think there are opportunities for better color schemes on the 25. Would love to get into the boat builder and see what the possibilities are.

I also think that continuity with the look of the 2018 23 LSV would look more appropriate, in terms of the entire LSV lineup having the same look and feel, like the MXZ does.

Edited by boardjnky4
8 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

I was expecting it to look more like a 2018 23 LSV, which I think I prefer over the 2019 25 LSV. I also think there are opportunities for better color schemes on the 25. Would love to get into the boat builder and see what the possibilities are.

I also think that continuity with the look of the 2018 23 LSV would look more appropriate, in terms of the entire LSV lineup having the same look and feel, like the MXZ does.

I agree. When I think of something being a line (22, 23, 25 LSV) I think of them being similar in appearance. 

Maybe the 23 will change as well or change the year after and be a shorter run in its current style?

in the photos though I only saw one boat and the caption said 22 and 25. Were there photos that weren’t posted of the 22?

I still prefer the lines on the 2012 era boats.   More places to put color, sleeker looking, classic style.   now, all makers look like 1980s sports cars that will look outdated quickly. 

I’m sure there will be some cool new features.   Malibu is tops at doing that...  

I like the idea of no small step over pads.  Those looked cheap. Tower looks good to me.

I’m hoping for the cobalt style swim platform that folds down.  The new raised platforms are too hard for fat boys like me to get on.... the swim platform on our cobalt seems to everyone’s favorite feature.

23 minutes ago, bamabonners said:

I still prefer the lines on the 2012 era boats.   More places to put color, sleeker looking, classic style.   now, all makers look like 1980s sports cars that will look outdated quickly. 

I’m sure there will be some cool new features.   Malibu is tops at doing that...  

I like the idea of no small step over pads.  Those looked cheap. Tower looks good to me.

I’m hoping for the cobalt style swim platform that folds down.  The new raised platforms are too hard for fat boys like me to get on.... the swim platform on our cobalt seems to everyone’s favorite feature.

I’ve always thought the lines and styles of Malibu boats for the most part are timeless and classy looking regardless of age. From the old vlx in the 90’s to the new 22 vlx they are all classy. Can’t say the same for Tige and some of the others. 

Maybe I will feel differently down the road. 

Edited by SouthsideBoarder
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, SurfinLSV said:

Cant believe no one has mentioned the rub rail but I cant bite my tongue any longer... What on earth were they thinking with that? Also, it looks like the color of the side of the hull extends just above it then changes to the deck color? Hopefully my eyes are playing tricks on me. 

I saw that too. I'll wait to pass judgement until I see more pics, but I always hated the way the rubrail drops near the rear of a mastercraft. Never could get into that look.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

in the photos though I only saw one boat and the caption said 22 and 25. Were there photos that weren’t posted of the 22?

The 22 LSV looks identical to the 23 LSV now, just shorter.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Here. I edited to remove the original Instagram account

A23B6670-2C91-4080-9F32-727CD7321770.jpeg

39D5E2F4-0FB6-43EC-8BC5-8DC4D96C3DF1.jpeg

0B1FD545-7A7F-4D85-A25A-85ABD09F16C7.jpeg

A6CC06A2-9BE1-447A-8CE2-1C7538BF0348.jpeg

36143778-7F99-4DD5-A798-6F0AF618DF04.jpeg

F72DAA24-720B-49F9-88FF-BC2147554DD1.jpeg

Wow! I pretty much like everything I see. I want the new captains chair. I want the phone holder! I want the head unit. The new colors look sweet! I think that boat looks bad a**. 

Speakers do look different. I cant quite make out what the logo is in the center of the sub under the helm. Maybe JL? And they added a 6.5 under the Helm for the driver. Would have loved to have the color options on our 2018.

Looks killer! Making Axis more and more expensive tho. Moving out of the "budget" brand. 

Maybe an Axis logo on the sub? Probably westounds with Axis grills? With a WS headunit, I would be shocked if the speakers weren't WS.

Edited by teamerickson
  • Like 2

Not sure I'm really liking the phone holder on the Axis. Looks like an afterthought they couldn't fit into the real flow.  I really like the new seat design and am looking forward to finding out more about the vinyl.