Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

My dealer confirmed, PW3, Power G10 no G4, 25 to follow changes 23 got last year, He said new engine (thought he said GM but i could've misheard that),  He said I couldn't order a 2019 25 until late august or early september as he's been told no spray dates in july. He said they are sold out of 23s for rest season as well. Basically same stuff everyone has already covered.

I guess my 2016 23 LSV is gonna get another 80+ hours... lol.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, MalibuMatty said:

My dealer confirmed, PW3, Power G10 no G4, 25 to follow changes 23 got last year, He said new engine (thought he said GM but i could've misheard that),  He said I couldn't order a 2019 25 until late august or early september as he's been told no spray dates in july. He said they are sold out of 23s for rest season as well. Basically same stuff everyone has already covered.

I guess my 2016 23 LSV is gonna get another 80+ hours... lol.

Sold out for 2019 23 LSV’s already? That would be insane the portal has only been open for a week. I know 2018’s are sold out but you should be able to get a 19 build slot no problem...

27 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Sold out for 2019 23 LSV’s already? That would be insane the portal has only been open for a week. I know 2018’s are sold out but you should be able to get a 19 build slot no problem...

Just checked on a a few pontoon options same thing no chance even for a 19 build for this summer, next year only hope.. boating industry is nutz right now

2 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

No way that 2019 23 LSVs are sold out. 2018, yes.

I bet they are referring to 19 build slots with this summer 2018 delivery is my guess same with pontoons.. they can't build many 19s and deliver in 18

18 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I am with you, I have a hard time buying that.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
7 hours ago, MalibuMatty said:

Correction. Builds for 2019 that will deliver BEFORE September. 

My apologies. 

No worries man. I can totally buy because 18’s filled up real fast on all models and I’m sure some people, like me, are now getting a 19 even though they ordered an 18. The 23 LSV and T22 were super hot sellers last year. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Our Tommy's in Denver has 30+ 2018 boats on their lot.  Cannot say how many but a ton of them are 23 LSV.  Not custom to your order but they have a lot of variety

Sounds like the Malibu motors aren't ready.

Malibu 1 year deal. Not sure about Axis, since PCM's are already in them. Not sure how many 

years remaining on Axis deal

ahopkins22LSV

If the reason is that the Malibu engines aren’t ready, then good for malibu for not just putting them in anyway. We have seen how that works, ie the powerstroke 6.0. 

Who knows what the reasoning is or what Indmar and Malibu have discussed. Who knows maybe Indmar told Malibu to pound sand...

I for one am pumped for the PCM 6.0 even if it is just a one year run. It’s not like it’s like the one year rub of the marine power 450. The pcm 6.0 is tried and true and an awesome power plant. 

1 minute ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

If the reason is that the Malibu engines aren’t ready, then good for malibu for not just putting them in anyway. We have seen how that works, ie the powerstroke 6.0. 

Who knows what the reasoning is or what Indmar and Malibu have discussed. Who knows maybe Indmar told Malibu to pound sand...

I for one am pumped for the PCM 6.0 even if it is just a one year run. It’s not like it’s like the one year rub of the marine power 450. The pcm 6.0 is tried and true and an awesome power plant. 

oh crap, THAT'S what they're going with from the Fords?  Not the di motors?

ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

oh crap, THAT'S what they're going with from the Fords?  Not the di motors?

I have no idea what the Malibu engines are going to be but yeah the base motor this year is the 6.0 PCM. Actually I have no idea what the upgrade engines are for this year either. 

PCM has 6.0L 409 HP, 6.0L HO 450 HP 451 ft lbs of torque and 6.2L DI 450 HP 465 ft lbs. They will be a lot quieter

Maybe the bridge with Indmar burnt?

Edited by skurfer
  • Like 3