Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

1 hour ago, pedel said:

This probably depends on altitude.  I have the SL450, and have put 50 surf hours on it so far this year (at sea level).  We surf it full ballast + 900lbs of lead and the 440 has way more than enough power for us.  In fact, I have been contemplating switching out for a less aggressive prop.  

Agreed, mine surfs fine with the 440, 600lbs of extra ballast and a few people it works fine for me, I was just wake boarding with full ballast and it got to speed no problem.  would the 2:1 be better? probably , but hasn't been a issue not having it.

Hmm that’s interesting. A friend of mine who has tons of experience building the best waves said that the engine was the limiting factor. He really must have been slammed. 

17 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

It's a stock inventory boat, and was at their boat show. It has been damaged from people playing with it..... putting tower up and down and playing with seat controls etc......

but that is kinda my point..... people that buy these things let friends and kids operate them. IMO, it should be engineered to avoid common interferences. You shouldn't have to give everyone a lesson on how to operate a simple thing without causing damage to the boat.

Going under bridges? Tucking the boat up into the lift canopy?? 

Using a strap like @shockthismentioned is a good idea.... but it's just one more thing to worry about. When I put my boat away, I want it to be as easy as possible. You should be able to flop the Bimini in, and fold the tower down in less than 10 seconds, without any chance of interference issue. That said, I am probably spoiled by the functionality that I am used to.

People lower towers under their boat Lifts? That sir is way to much work!

20180526_183311.jpg

20180529_193602.jpg

On 6/1/2018 at 1:34 PM, TenTwentyOne said:

Maybe the difference will be in the little details on the G10, that make it worth more........

Supra might have a standard power tower now, but the design and functionality is honestly laughable.

problem #1- electric actuators. They are already having issues, and you would have thought they would have learned from MCs mistake in 2011. Who knows, maybe Supra will end up having to retrofit them all to hydraulic just like MC did with the ‘11s.

problem #2- bimini has to be folded up and the bimini sock needs to be put on, so that it doesn’t flop open while lowering.

problem #3- you can’t drive the boat with tower folded. Isn’t one of the main purposes of a power tower to make it easier getting under bridges??

problem #4- if you don’t twist the driver seat to the exact degree to the right, the bimini bracket will tear the vinyl on the drivers seat. 

The stock SL at my local dealer already has a marked up windshield frame from the bimini flopping into it, and the drivers seat has two rips in it from people lowering the tower without twisting the drivers seat exactly 10 degrees to the right.....

not to mention, they are having trouble getting it to go up and down correctly, because the actuators aren’t staying in sync.

good thing they don’t charge a lot for it. There are lots of things I like about Supra, but the FXone tower is a complete fail.

I sure hope a G10 power tower is easier, folds backwards and auto Folding) extending Bimini!

On 5/24/2018 at 11:04 PM, gibbs114 said:

Trust me 2019 is gonna be good. We have already discussed my boat for 2019 and there’s some good stuff coming.

gibbs maybe I missed it but what are you getting?

6 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

gibbs maybe I missed it but what are you getting?

I will be selling my 2018 LSV soon in preparation for the 2019’s a 23 LSV is my go to but there are a couple new boat options I will be considering.

3 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

It simulates ballast to make the wake bigger. You can make adjustments to the wake with it as well. 

No s*** Sherlock. Let me rephrase. What does it do different from pw2?

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
31 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

No s*** Sherlock. Let me rephrase. What does it do different from pw2?

Sorry I’m sworn to secrecy. I’ll say this though, it’s a very very nice improvement, but not a OMG WHAT A MASSIVE GAME CHANGER MUST GO BUY A NEW BOAT NOW change. At least in my opinion. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
ahopkins22LSV

Start of the thread was almost a month ago. I only know now because I sat down with my dealer Monday and ordered my 19... if you want to know go order a 19 :)

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
ahopkins22LSV
15 minutes ago, Cboom12 said:

If you can order 19s how is this still a secret??

Well you can select the new options in the portal but the portal doesn’t describe what they are. So all you know is “power wedge 3”. Unless the dealer asks. I think the dealer meetings are next week so releases should be then too. The portal isn’t typically open before the dealer meeting.

22 minutes ago, jcon44 said:

So to summarize 10 pages of BS; new T23, power wedge 3, new G10 tower, and some new gel colors, that's it?

New 25 LSV and 22 LSV (22 VLX name goes away).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a T20/21, but that's just a guess/prediction.

Some boats will get new in-house Malibu Engines too.

• Like 2

Could there be a T25 coming?

Will be cool to see what's new on pw3.  Any intel on 23 LSV getting 17" prop/2:1 trans and removing the step pads on back seat and ski locker area?

Edited by Fman
3 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

New 25 LSV and 22 LSV (22 VLX name goes away).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a T20/21, but that's just a guess/prediction.

Some boats will get new in-house Malibu Engines too.

Why a new 25 LSV? Is that confirmed?  Didn't they just redesign it a few years ago and isn't selling well as is?

nothing has been confirmed, but it's out of the bag from multiple sources at this point. It was new in 2016, so it's a short run, but not out of the realm. They want the whole line-up to match, would be my guess.

That being said, the A22 was re-designed in 2015 ... so that one is aging now as well.