Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Model Year Updates/Changes

ahopkins22LSV

a lot of the fabric "felt" temp is due to the texture, more texture will feel more cool, old boats smooth glossy material feels very hot even white. Older glossy smooth material is all contact with the skin. The newer materials have more texture/gaps pockets that differ the sun absorbing angles and less over all contact with the skin and some air pockets to the skin (tiny) also the material itself is way better but a lot of this is due to the texture. 

i love the new stuff although on my 16 i find sometimes i have to get something like a toothbrush every here and there to get something small enough into the textured vinyl. but for sure its much cooler! cant wait for the boat show and check out the 19s! although i'll probably have to head to Chi-town to see a 25... 

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

a lot of the fabric "felt" temp is due to the texture, more texture will feel more cool, old boats smooth glossy material feels very hot even white. Older glossy smooth material is all contact with the skin. The newer materials have more texture/gaps pockets that differ the sun absorbing angles and less over all contact with the skin and some air pockets to the skin (tiny) also the material itself is way better but a lot of this is due to the texture. 

i love the new stuff although on my 16 i find sometimes i have to get something like a toothbrush every here and there to get something small enough into the textured vinyl. but for sure its much cooler! cant wait for the boat show and check out the 19s! although i'll probably have to head to Chi-town to see a 25... 

There is little to no texture on the 19 material. 

On 11/29/2018 at 10:46 AM, shawndoggy said:

All the way to the upper 80s?  How can you guys even handle that? :Tease3:

(riddle us how it does in the 110s?)

My buddy has red cool touch vinyl in his RZX and it gets pretty warm when you start breaking the 90s and 100s

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

665098DA-E8A9-4F2A-B4B2-4F5AD89280A7.jpeg

It's a damn nice boat, and tige allows him to do a lot more form the factory than malibu would.  I'm not a big fan of their boats, but his boat is a whole different level, the stereo system alone blows away almost anything I've seen on the water, and he was able to do that because the factory allowed his installer to come in and set glassing and wiring specs during the boats production.  His boat is gorgeous with red custom vinyl with custom stitching from the factory.   I prefer the malibu hulls, but tiges personal touches and customer service are maybe the best I've seen in the industry, they are a smaller so it's easier for them.  Just about every dealer has a reunion every year for their customers where the factory brings out new models for everyone to test drive over a long camping and partying weekend.  

1 minute ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Do they provide tatoo artists at these camping trips too?

Why, you looking to get another tramp stamp?

Edited by CJAY

Be nice to the Tige fam guys!  

Just saying but malibu seems to follow right behind tige. smart wheel, surf remote, power tower, ptm, wetsounds, raptor were all tige firsts. 

Edited by Cole2001
37 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Just saying but malibu seems to follow right behind tige. smart wheel, surf remote, power tower, ptm, wetsounds, raptor were all tige firsts. 

Most of those being 3rd party options available to all boats manufacturers in the marketplace, with the exception of the power tower, pretty sure master craft did that first.

But tige is an industry innovator in gawd awful gel lines, interior layouts and meh wave/wake performance.

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, Stevo said:

Most of those being 3rd party options available to all boats manufacturers in the marketplace, with the exception of the power tower, pretty sure master craft did that first.

But tige is an industry innovator in gawd awful gel lines, interior layouts and meh wave/wake performance.

Everyone can have a opinion on gel lines and interior preferences.  

The last three were third party options that eventually everyone ended up with. The fact that Malibu has exactly the same, like literally exactly the same smart wheel is kinda sad tho.  They were the first with the touch screen and surf Bimini. 

Not trying to start a fight over here, you guys are all good guys just making my point. 

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

Tige is an innovator now?  LOL, that's rich. 

Supra, Moomba, and MB Sports were all on Raptor at the same time (model year 2015).  Malibu was testing them in the factory the same time as everybody else did but made a business decision to delay a year. But sure, let's award the innovation award to Tige cuz I'm sure they were right there with Ford and Indmar during R&D.  MB started using Wetsounds in 2011.  How many other pontoon boats and cruisers are using Wetsounds?? The boat show is littered with them.  But sure, let's award brownie points to Tige for pushing a PO their way.  Power tower award goes to Mastercraft (who cares?).  Does anybody even order the command wheels??? It's terrible, btw.  

Pretty sure Tige jumped on the Illusion bandwagon after Bu even jumping to their old supplier, Metcraft.  Malibu builds their own towers in house, own engines, own trailers, invented delayed convergence, etc. etc. 

Just cuz I'm curious, when did Tige "invent" the command wheel and surf band?  

Here's one thing that Tige invented... a boat that looks exactly like a G23.  Another Tige invention... the 23'er that feels like a 21'er.  :clap:

Edited by IXFE

You make a good point, Malibu has done some major innovations as a company. Just pointing out they aren’t the only ones and ideas can come from others and at times things copy right over. 

Malibu  released  the surf band summer 2015. Tiges surf link was on 2015 boats released in late 2014. 

My bad on the smart wheel tige stole it from Malibu a year later, kinda pathetic honestly. 

Ya the ASR/rzx looked just like the g23 but at least it surfs better. So G fans out there, I’m not a fan. 

Edited by Cole2001
4 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

I remember the question was asked earlier in this thread, and can’t remember if anyone tested it and confirmed......

I checked out a 25LSV today, and we tested out the wireless charging stations on phones with cases. They worked perfect on every phone and case combo we threw at it. One of us had a casasaurus rex that is just about a half inch thick...... no problem.

I wish the average wireless charger in new cars worked that good.

Good to know!

I'll keep my junk away from the sports knob! ;) 

24 minutes ago, IXFE said:

@Cole2001 I kinda feel like everybody copies everybody. There’s only so many original ideas out there for tow boats designed to pull fat rich guys around the pond. 

That is where I find it ironic that one group of boat owner dog another brand.  At this point all the boats are getting so close to one another, that people look moronic and childish when bashing other brands.  I choose Malibu because I know their hulls and like them.  That doesn’t make them head and shoulders above other brands.  Nothing makes for pulling out blind ignorance than brand tribalism.  All dogging other brands does is show how little you know about the industry as a whole

Edited by CJAY
14 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I wonder how hard it would be to add the malibu wireless charger to the sport knob location...

Um...... must not have been that bad, because the 25 I was in had it at the sport knob location, as well as in the pocket to the right of the helm seat.

edit- Just occurred to me that you were probably wondering how hard it would be to add it, if you had a 19 without it. (Your boat for instance)

at first I thought you were asking if it could be added to that location as a new feature that wasn’t already being done.

Edited by TenTwentyOne
ahopkins22LSV
14 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Um...... must not have been that bad, because the 25 I was in had it at the sport knob location, as well as in the pocket to the right of the helm seat.

edit- Just occurred to me that you were probably wondering how hard it would be to add it, if you had a 19 without it. (Your boat for instance)

at first I thought you were asking if it could be added to that location as a new feature that wasn’t already being done.

Correct. In our 2019 :lol:. We weren’t aware it was going to available on all 2019’s when we ordered ours in June. Although I almost wonder if I would rather have it in the storage cubby behind the throttle. 

6 minutes ago, CJAY said:

That is where I find it ironic that one group of boat owner dog another brand.  At this point all the boats are getting so close to one another, that people look moronic and chinldish when bashing other brands.  I choose Malibu because I know their hulls and like them.  That doesn’t make them head and shoulders above other brands.  Nothing makes for pulling out blind ignorance than brand tribalism.  All dogging other brands does is show how little you know about the industry as a whole

The original tige pic was a joke that dates back to wakeworld circa mid-2000’s. Sorry for the diversion. 

I like almost all brands of tow boats.... 

Just now, IXFE said:

The original tige pic was a joke that dates back to wakeworld circa mid-2000’s. Sorry for the diversion. 

I like almost all brands of tow boats.... 

To be honest, you and I may disagree often, but I didn’t take you pic to mean more than a joke, it was the follow up of the minions that made Malibu owners look bad.

i agree with your statement that tige is not a great inovator brand, and many of my tige owning friends agree.  That being said, tige does make up for that on their loyalty to their customers and customer service