Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cool accessory or Next item on the banned list?

SmoothWaterMan

Wakekite Preliminary  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Like or Not?

• I like it
    • I don't like it
  2. 2. Safe or Not?

• From what I have seen it's safe, and the safety aspect won't stop me from buying one.
    • From what I have seen, I don't think so, I feel it's too dangerous for my friends and family.

I rode one when they first came out, it was a blast. Horribly erratic though, one minute you are cruisin at 15 feet off the water, then a gust pushes you to 25, then the gust disappears and the tube folds or rolls and you plummet. If you hang on during the fall, you may hit on your head or back. If you bail, you've got nothing to push off of to orient the right tuck and roll. I ended up OK, but the same day a friend broke a rib. I'm glad I had a chance to ride one, but would never purchase or allow my kids to do it.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone ever used the kite tube? You can still buy them on ebay from time to time.

Yep, we had one and about killed my Cousin once. It got recalled a few weeks later and we promptly got rid of it.

Watch, wait for the ending crash -> http://www.fauxpas.org/modules/xoopsgaller...ubing_final.wmv

WOW! Was that your cousin? He had to have been 30 feet off the water. I can't imagine that person was OK.

He had to have been 30 feet off the water.

And didn't fall 30 feet, the tube caught air on it's way down and actually DROVE him into the water, so it's like falling from 60 feet. Hence, the recall.

But man those were fun.

Has anyone ever used the kite tube? You can still buy them on ebay from time to time.

Yep, we had one and about killed my Cousin once. It got recalled a few weeks later and we promptly got rid of it.

Watch, wait for the ending crash -> http://www.fauxpas.org/modules/xoopsgaller...ubing_final.wmv

WOW! Was that your cousin? He had to have been 30 feet off the water. I can't imagine that person was OK.

Yeah, my Cousin. Needless to say that was one of the last times we ever rode that death trap.