Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dock/mooring poles

Ryan1776

3 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

Yeah sorry! I realize I haven't updated my profile yet. Mostly because I don't have it yet! 

It's not really about being more or less inviting. If we're on the boat, we'd rather be on the water. 
This guy could care less about my situation. Like I said I'll see what the treasurer says tonight. My bet is, I'm SOL. 
But I like the previous guys statement on requesting a formal letter as to why I'm being moved. 

You should at least get some sort of understanding out of it.  If they say "seniority rules" then you can say "fair enough, if/when another slip comes up that is more sheltered then I want the option of moving to it"

formulaben

Being on an HOA board myself, I can tell you that there absolutely should be documentation for this if it is run as it should be.  I would ask for a copy of the current HOA rules and minutes from the last few meetings and that alone will raise some eyebrows.  For sure speak to someone on the board and explain why this is a big deal.  If you accidentally let it slip that you're going to speak to your attorney you'll undoubtedly get a proper response.

6 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Being on an HOA board myself, I can tell you that there absolutely should be documentation for this if it is run as it should be.  I would ask for a copy of the current HOA rules and minutes from the last few meetings and that alone will raise some eyebrows.  For sure speak to someone on the board and explain why this is a big deal.  If you accidentally let it slip that you're going to speak to your attorney you'll undoubtedly get a proper response.

Well not being a HOA more an association for the beach, and in no way tied to my house/lot, I'm not sure how stringent the rules are for this??? 
When I first picked my slip I went to the docks with the old guy and he said, we have number 7,10,13,14,15 or whatever. 
I just picked 7 and he wrote it down. That's that.