Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu Owner with Questions

VLXTexas

Hello All,

We are new to the site. We recently traded in our MC for a new 06 VLX and loving every minute of it! We have a couple of questions:

1. Would you reccomend the bimini tower extension? How does it look and is it functional? Pictures?

2. My power wedge does not adjust while towing a skier. Is it suppose to?

3. Metcraft or Westwind tower lights?

Thanks for your help,

David

Clap.gifClap.gifClap.gif

Another Texan!!! Welcome to the site. Where are you from? Add your location to your profile on the left side of the page.

1. Wait and try it without first, we don't use one but if you have people sensitive to the sun (older or younger people) you might like it.

2. How fast are you towing?

3. I think I read the Metcraft lights are fixed and the Westwind will rotate 360 degrees. Anyone else have these lights?

Clap.gifClap.gifClap.gif

Another Texan!!! Welcome to the site. Where are you from? Add your location to your profile on the left side of the page.

1. Wait and try it without first, we don't use one but if you have people sensitive to the sun (older or younger people) you might like it.

2. How fast are you towing?

3. I think I read the Metcraft lights are fixed and the Westwind will rotate 360 degrees. Anyone else have these lights?

We live on Lake Houston and usually ride on the Upper San Jacinto River. I checked with the dealer and found out that you can not adjust the power wedge while pulling the rider.

Welcome to the site.

1. One thing that I've seen some VLX owners say is that the extension makes entering the cabin from the swimdeck a little awkward because the VLX doesn't have enough length in the cabin when compared with an LSV or 247. But then again some think that it's just fine so I think that Ronnie's advice to use it for a while to see what you think is prudent. I haven't felt the need to invest in one, but then again your summers are much more oppressive than ours are. YMMV

Yeah! Welcome to Texas and the site.

I keep my bimini up all the time (unless towing a long way..more than a few miles), the standard size works fine for us, and have even hit my head on it a few times. I say try the one yu have out for a while too!

I leave the bimini on full time, and I have the extension on full time. It offers a bit more shade, but there is plenty of sun if you want it.

Thanks for all the useful info!

...2. My power wedge does not adjust while towing a skier. Is it suppose to?...

This might be a local thing but... most people usually don't use the wedge when they they ski. Biggrin.gif

This might be a local thing but... most people usually don't use the wedge when they they ski. Biggrin.gif

That was a typo. Who still owns a ski??? I meant rider.

VLXTexas what color is your boat? My brother and I own an "05 Response LXi" and ride the upper San Jac. Welcome to the site and hope to see you out on the water.

Edited by bmillard
:Doh: Even the new guy is starting the skier vs. wakeboarder thing. :lol:

Welcome.gif to the site. :) If you're gonna hang with our Texas Crew... :unsure: ...you might want to get on the liver transplant recipient list first. ROFL.gif

Those who have enough balance and talent to stand with one foot in front of the other on a narrow board, vs those that need a great big piece of plywood and feet shoulder width apart - anyone can stand that way.

VLXTexas what color is your boat? My brother and I own an "05 Response LXi" and ride the upper San Jac. Welcome to the site and hope to see you out on the water.

It's mostly white with a black accent stripe. If your ride the San Jac much you probably have seen us before in our '05 black X-10.

:Doh: Even the new guy is starting the skier vs. wakeboarder thing. :lol:

Welcome.gif to the site. :) If you're gonna hang with our Texas Crew... :unsure: ...you might want to get on the liver transplant recipient list first. ROFL.gif

Good one! ROFL.gifROFL.gif