Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AXIS Stereos

Cboom12

• 2 weeks later...

I see the transom remotes are up on WetSounds' now - $199 with the cable.  

Any more on surfband integration and an extended cable for the remote?  

Is the remote to the MC1 wireless or wired?  I guess opening for a battery would ruin waterproof so I guess not, that would be nice especially if it could tap Power in engine compartment from somewhere else

Sorry - I meant a longer cable for the dash display - I've read a couple of comments about how it's a bit short, and required some creative routing. . .

Real question is whether they can get Surfband to integrate.

36 minutes ago, MUM3 said:

I've read a couple of comments about how it's a bit short, and required some creative routing.

This might be the case if your amps are located on the port side and thats where you also wanted to locate the black box. Although I like the idea of shorter RCAs compared to longer RCA, theres nothing really wrong with locating the black box on the port side, closer to the main display. 

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, Miguel said:

Any updates on adding ws 420 or volume nob to existing HU. just got an 18 A24 and volume control sucks.

A multi-zone pre-amp peripheral only requires a single pair of RCA inputs in order to control the 3 or 4 zones outputs. Just takes some re-configuring at the amps and some longer RCA cables.  

7 hours ago, MLA said:

A multi-zone pre-amp peripheral only requires a single pair of RCA inputs in order to control the 3 or 4 zones outputs. Just takes some re-configuring at the amps and some longer RCA cables.  

What if inboats are spread among multiple amps , are there RCA’s that split at amp end to connect to multiple amps starting as one pair of rca’s on one output channel/zone from eq?

Saw them cheap per make and per email

i discovered that the SD4 has a RCA pass through so I plan to use it to keep inboats spread among two amps but one EQ zone

9 hours ago, Cboom12 said:

Has anyone added another set of speakers near the driver. I’ve found that in my a24 none of the interior speakers are anywhere near me.

I did on my 2016 T22, on my 2014 LSV before that, and on my 2011 MB twb23 before that.  Makes a huge difference.

Edited by shawndoggy
6 hours ago, Cboom12 said:

Are the sp3 cabin speakers revo6 or 650s?

Unless Axis bought a HUGE stockpile of inventory, I would bet a 2018 model would be the Revo series. However, in models past, IIRC Axis has used the XS-65ic model. Looking at some 2018's on line, this is the model it looks like. 

1 hour ago, MLA said:

Unless Axis bought a HUGE stockpile of inventory, I would bet a 2018 model would be the Revo series. However, in models past, IIRC Axis has used the XS-65ic model. Looking at some 2018's on line, this is the model it looks like. 

Yes, they were xs65's.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the revo6 can handle more power than the older model, but is there a noticeable difference in performance? And by that I mean is it worth the significant price difference to upgrade? I’m considering the upgrade partly for the built in leds but only if the revos are a lot better. 

Also if I’m gonna add a set of speakers would adding 1 set of REVO 8 near the driver be much better than the 6s, would this pose a problem running them off the stock WS amp?

There is a huge difference between the current premium speaker and the mid-level speaker used in the OEM installs. Not just in power handling, but things that make a noticeable difference in sound quality, like tweeter size and design as well as its cross-over. 

A larger speaker always has an advantage over a smaller speaker in terms of output and mid-bass depth. 

In an ideal world, you would want the larger on dedicated amp chnls and not paired with a smaller speaker. However, as long as each chnl is within the amps safe operating impedance, there is no harm to the amp or speakers if the larger is paired with a smaller. 

I don't know about the WS 650's, but I upgraded from WS 65's to Revo 6's powered by an HT-6 with 110w each and it's a significant difference.

The REVO 8's take 150w RMS, so I would only run them if you're going to power them properly, otherwise you won't hearing their full potential.

• Like 2
On 6/4/2018 at 4:08 PM, Wilbur said:

I don't know about the WS 650's, but I upgraded from WS 65's to Revo 6's powered by an HT-6 with 110w each and it's a significant difference.

The REVO 8's take 150w RMS, so I would only run them if you're going to power them properly, otherwise you won't hearing their full potential.

Exactly my upgrade including a used HT6 and the six revo6,  listened first time last night snd even in radio thru HU into EQ it was awesome , I could hear the guitar riffs like I’ve never heard before cause I have never owned an really good amplified system except for an old rack system from the 80’s.  We haven’t even tuned them and amp to full sound CD’s yet 

we haven’t even turned up volume yet cause it was 2:30 am

with eBay bidding I was able to beat or equal prices fir 650’s fir revo6, I paid $245 per pair delivered from two vendors

Edited by granddaddy55
On 5/23/2018 at 6:40 AM, MLA said:

Their unlit REVO 6 equivalent if its like the Malibu oem like @Blenderhead experienced as he replaced his with REVO 6 snd found out it was same speaker with out RGB tweeter cone

Edited by granddaddy55