Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AXIS Stereos

Cboom12

18 minutes ago, MLA said:

Thats one method. Ultimately you want a 2 ohm load per chnl. Where the speakers are located in relation to the amp will impact the actual wire schematic. 

htx2 on the amp board. Factory installed xs65 speakers in cockpit area(two port, two starboard). Im assuming all four pair of speaker wires are run to the factory HU. 

I haven't read the thread but I had a 15 A22 with SP3.  IT WAS AWESOME AND WPRTH EVERY PENNY.  rev410s etc.  if I was surfing it would be do loud it hurt my ears.  also it could really "reach out and touch" the wake boarder s

Just an fyi. I just installed the wetsounds Mc1 in my 17’ a20. The surfband volume control and the audible beat through the towers for wave transfers are integrated through the medallion control system. They wont work to my knowledge with the mc1. I would imagine it would be pretty tricky to get it too work. On the plus side, the MC1 is miles above the stock unit. I only wish WS made the cable from HU to black box a couple feet longer. Its barely long enough, and your only able to mount the black box on right side of the amp board. Ive attached a couple pics. My setup is: an SD2 running a pair of rev10s and an htx2 running my 4 stock in boats. First, holy cow. Those rev10’s are nuts(i had a pair of icon 8s that i sent back for revs). Also im so impressed at how the stock in boats sound even with a decent amp. Way better than running off the stock HU. Only down side i see is space on the amp board.  No room for a third amp for sub. I guess ill have to get a six channel for in boats and sub. I do have some tidying up to do. Its alot of damn work in a tiny space to do this kind of work. Definitely worth the cost(alot) and time spent. 

C3485F6D-DD48-4752-8F04-689C30F23C37.jpeg

4A0C8D2D-41AD-43E3-89B2-C190706408DC.jpeg

Edited by onewake09
1 hour ago, onewake09 said:

I only wish WS made the cable from HU to black box a couple feet longer.

Its in the works, if not already available, just have to order it a la carte. I also have a feeling that 2 of the 8 foot cables can be joined as an extension. Last I talked with someone at WS, they had not tried it. I need to check back and see if they did. 

Lots of room on that board for a woofer amp, wutcho talkin bout Willis? 

Someone on the axis/bu facebook page said that they talked to axis about it and their might be a solution down the road. On another note, i added a carbon fiber trim. Mainly because i was bored. 

84715C69-FA29-426B-BA19-41395F2C1269.jpeg

I would like to upgrade to the ws unit but I also don’t want to lose surf tone. I’m surprised ws hasn’t worked it into the programming being that the supply the factory axis components. Hopefully the release an update in the near future. 

56 minutes ago, onewake09 said:

Someone on the axis/bu facebook page said that they talked to axis about it and their might be a solution down the road. On another note, i added a carbon fiber trim. Mainly because i was bored. 

84715C69-FA29-426B-BA19-41395F2C1269.jpeg

I saw that too on the FB page. If it got figured out I would be interested in the switch over also. Just looking at that WS headunit looks better

1 hour ago, Cboom12 said:

I would like to upgrade to the ws unit but I also don’t want to lose surf tone. I’m surprised ws hasn’t worked it into the programming being that the supply the factory axis components. Hopefully the release an update in the near future. 

They dont supply the HU. Thats the hangup I believe. I also dont see the "CAN" wires in the stock viper mbb400 black box. The MC1 has two wires( can+ and can-) Does anyone have an idea here? 

vipermbb400.JPG

Anything on a transom remote for this?  I'm really interested, but would like to see the remote, an extended cable, and updates on surfband compatibility. . . . 

BTW - the carbon plate looks awesome!

13 minutes ago, MUM3 said:

updates on surfband compatibility.

This is all axis for the most part. But, theres a good chance that however axis interfaced to the infinity source unit, the same could be done with others. 

The wired remote is round, about the size of a clarion and others. As noted, extension cable is in the works, if not already in the house. But in those cases, just mount the box under the helm and run to the amps with RCAs. 

Talked to WS today. They said they hope to have remote unit and extension cables in April sometime. I had a problem with my cable for the mc1. The pins didn't line up right and two of the pins broke off. Wetsounds couldn't help me because they don't have any. I called creative and they are opening a box and sending me the one from a mc1. That is customer service. 

@agman, you added a 2nd sub under the passenger compartment?  So the sub is behind the back seat cushion?  How does it sound.  I am looking for a way to add a 2nd sub.  I have an A22, so if anyone has any ideas on a 2nd sub location.  Thanks!

Before I add a 2nd woofer, id make the most of the original location.If the OEM 10" is optimized and still not enough, then upgrade it to a 12" in a ported enclosure. Much better then a woofer closed in the insulated port locker.  

• Like 1

I have already changed out my stock sub to a 12" JL W6 in an enclosed box.  Looking to get more bass in the boat.  Needing ideas.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, RanchDweller said:

I have already changed out my stock sub to a 12" JL W6 in an enclosed box.  Looking to get more bass in the boat.  Needing ideas.  Thanks.

8 inch speakers in the cockpit if you don't already have them.

On 3/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, onewake09 said:

They dont supply the HU. Thats the hangup I believe. I also dont see the "CAN" wires in the stock viper mbb400 black box. The MC1 has two wires( can+ and can-) Does anyone have an idea here? 

vipermbb400.JPG

based on the diagram above, you have a CAN BUS plug on the mbb400.  A quick phone call to WS, might point you in the right direction.

51 minutes ago, Ridebutter said:

based on the diagram above, you have a CAN BUS plug on the mbb400.  A quick phone call to WS, might point you in the right direction.

The issue for me is I can't seem to find those "can" wires on the mbb400. There is a plus and minus can wire on the mc1 box. 

37 minutes ago, onewake09 said:

The issue for me is I can't seem to find those "can" wires on the mbb400. There is a plus and minus can wire on the mc1 box. 

Mine had one, I think it was orange.  The " - "may be ground.