Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M235 black or Charcoal???

RCorsa

13 hours ago, carguy79ta said:

I will have to look that up.  sounds like a feminine hygiene product..lol

Lol never thought about that but kind of does....i guess really the full name of the company is stay fresh car care

Collinite paste wax last the longest of the ones I've tried. I haven't used any of the fancy coatings. If my boat was on a lift and harder to clean I'd consider them. 

I usually wax twice per year.  I use a 3m liquid if I'm in a hurry and hot sauce after every use. Sometimes my boat stays in for a week at a time so after that I need a full wash with starbright hull cleaner and wax.  

the waxes and sealers I use are machine applied. I use a porter cable 7424xp I think for vehicles and I have a dewalt rotary if I need to remove oxidation from the hull.  I buffed out my old chalky IO a few years back..havent let my new boats get that bad. yep...morphed into a detail thread.

18 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

Which product of theirs did you use? They have quite a few different ones. Apply yourself? 

I also agree go black. 

I used the HCC9 on the hull and HCCG on the glass of the windshield. Yes it is not very hard to apply just time consuming. You wipe it on in a criss cross pattern, let it flash and then wipe it off.

Starting to gravitate to black for the hull and base as I was finally able to see the charcoal with the gun metal side by side and I have to say it looks a bit odd versus the black with gunmetal. I get it that both will be a pita to keep clean.   Further thoughts? 

1FFC8008-0E85-4A80-9807-3FBE0115C54F.png

23A5BD4C-C9FC-4194-B3C6-97E0973E0E4D.jpeg

Just now, RCorsa said:

Starting to gravitate to black for the hull and base as I was finally able to see the charcoal with the gun metal side by side and I have to say it looks a bit odd versus the black with gunmetal. I get it that both will be a pita to keep clean.   Further thoughts? 

Black:rockon:

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, RCorsa said:

Take this comparison with a grain of salt. That bottom picture isn’t gunmetal metallic. That’s charcoal metallic and is a completely different, and no longer offered, color then gunmetal metallic. If you want a true comparison you are going to have to find two 2018 boats to compare which may be difficult. So black may be a better, safer, choice right now. Although in your design I still think charcoal will look good!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone.  I was able to get my dealer to get the charcoal changed to Black. I agree it looks the best as my concern was two tyoes of grey shade right next to each other would look odd in person. He had to call the factory as it gets sprayed next week and thankfully they agreed as it had locked in the system.    Should have it by the end of March.  Cheers. 

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, RCorsa said:

BLACK