Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXI freeboard?

asp13

Slalom in open water, not many lakes with courses around. I am an aggressive skier though. In the summer I stay in the shuswap for 2-3 weeks and would have the boat in the water in front of the cabin while we are there. The rest of the summer would head to nearby lakes for the day and hang out on the water

On 12/29/2017 at 10:37 AM, asp13 said:

Awesome, thats good to hear. I have a 'want to buy' add on kijiji and a guy emailed me with a 03 Rlxi he is thinking of selling. White and blue, tower, wedge and a few other goodies, no perfect pass though. Looks like a nice boat, Im excited to look at it. 

i have seen your add a few times.......I am always looking for boats.........there is a nice red and white one but I think he wants $50G for it.

On 1/2/2018 at 9:23 AM, mackie12 said:

i have seen your add a few times.......I am always looking for boats.........there is a nice red and white one but I think he wants $50G for it.

Yeah I saw that one. Some people are out to lunch on their asking prices. I have had some funny responses to my 'wanted' ad. One guy messaged me about a sunsetter he has, over 1000 hours, carbed engine, no tower, no perfect pass etc. Said he wouldn't take a dime less than 30k and that 'he knows what he has'. I have seen sunsetters with half the hours for 10k less and way more options lol.

Is your boat on a buoy in the shuswap or do you have a slip for it?

Edited by asp13

Ya I hear ya, mine was listed at $46 but I closed at $32 last year, waited him out as I knew no one (beside you and I) is looking for a DD in Alberta......

depending on weather,i leave it tied to the dock (whips) as long as I can, otherwise the buoy. I am always concerned when it is on the buoy for some reason and I dislike the buoy because I have to swim to it in the mornings............yes i'm lazy....

We never leave the boat there either, at least once a week we go down to Pine Coulee (Nanton) for a ski.

I have skied quite a bit behind one and can confirm the sunsetter is perfect for what you're describing.  Great family boat when full, yet still excellent even with 4 guys in the boat to slalom.  Its taller than my echelons wake, but the sunsetter manages to throw a very soft wave you can cut like butter.  

There is no comparing how it handles tougher water and more people.  The responses are going to get smacked around in water the sunsetter would be almost enjoyable in.

Edited by Pra4sno