Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

emj3553

For us used boat, no warranty buyers, a dealer means very little. A good service network means much more. And we all know stealers don't give used boat customers the service new boat buyers get.

1 minute ago, JasonK said:

For us used boat, no warranty buyers, a dealer means very little. A good service network means much more. And we all know stealers don't give used boat customers the service new boat buyers get.

I don't know about that.  The one time I actually had the dealer service my used/no warranty boat (recall water pump replacement), they snuck me in the day after I called.  Dropped it off in the morning and picked it back up a few hours later.  My inlaws have had the same experience with their 04 LXI that was bought used and not at the dealer.  Would seem pretty short sighted to treat customers any different, all pays the same.

1 minute ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I think that mainly depends on the dealer and how the used boat owner approaches the situation. There are lots of examples of both sides of that fence.

Suppose that is true.  I expect that part of the deal with my local dealer is that they sell a ton of boats, maybe not a lot coming in that they didn't originally sell.  And they must sell a number of used boats out of state, I've inspected 2 of them for crew members in other states - so I'd expect that they would think it was normal for some boats to come in from other areas.  I don't have any special relationship with my dealer, talked to them a couple times at boat shows and then the couple boat inspections - but basically just a guy off the street with a used boat (that they sold to the original owner). 

1 hour ago, JasonK said:

I don’t agree. I’m now a new boat buyer for a number of reasons but one big reason is because my Malibu dealer has treated me like a lifelong customer since the first day I stopped by and dropped off my new to me 1999 Ski Centurion for service 4 years ago.

I didn’t know a person at the dealership but heard they had a good reputation from a couple other friends with used inboards, and they didn’t know a thing about me either. That’s the way to run a business over the long run and build customer loyalty.

• Like 3

From the sounds of this thread there are more M235s in Kansas City than anywhere else in the world and still no dedicated Malibu dealer??  Business opportunity ;)

1 hour ago, kstateskier1 said:

From the sounds of this thread there are more M235s in Kansas City than anywhere else in the world and still no dedicated Malibu dealer??  Business opportunity ;)

I wish that were the case.  Seemingly a lot of BUs around, but it has been quite a few years since a Bu dealer was in town.  

Also, I only know of 1 M235 that is out regularly in the area.  Certainly I don’t patrol all the lakes, but if the M is plentiful here, I sure don’t see them.  

15 hours ago, hethj7 said:

I wish that were the case.  Seemingly a lot of BUs around, but it has been quite a few years since a Bu dealer was in town.  

Also, I only know of 1 M235 that is out regularly in the area.  Certainly I don’t patrol all the lakes, but if the M is plentiful here, I sure don’t see them.  

Looked to me like there were multiple ones either in KC or NE Kansas from this thread.  2 would be a good majority of the M235s moved right? ;) I know Stateamind here has been sitting on one for a while it seems.  Maybe someday KC will get a quality Malibu dealer.  Is Marine World technically the 'in territory' dealer for KC?  I'd think KC people would use Stateamind.  

Yes, most boats are Stateamind.  Stateamind is the only one that shows up at the boat shows and in my mind really tries to serve the KC market. 

Plenty of KC folks with lake homes though, so their boats are kept at LOTO or Tablerock   

And yea, 2 Ms in the area may be a lot of them. Lol

• Like 2