Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All Buttoned Up. You?

sunvalleylaw

21 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Yes anti-freeze through the heater core.

No anti-freeze through the block.

Exactly what I did for 4 winters in WA state. No problems what so ever. Also, no antifreeze in ballast tanks, just drain on an incline. 

2 hours ago, anotherrunner83 said:

what's the overall consensus on filling the block with antifreeze?  i drained everything and filled the heater core with antifreeze.  left the block drain plugs out

whatever you decide, put the block plugs back.  The threads rust up bad if you leave out.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, oldjeep said:

whatever you decide, put the block plugs back.  The threads rust up bad if you leave out.

thank you sir!

It was a sad day.  My wife suggested we splurge and get some heated indoor storage for the 03.  Probably sick of me wandering out into the back yard to check on it constantly.  Ended up right next to my friend's 05.  

iTMj9W1.jpg

The other boat we ski behind, 17 ProStar between a nice 12 Response and 00 Sunsetter.

3h5a4Kf.jpg

It's going to be a long 6 months.

Edited by powbmps
  • Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

@powbmps that is a nice setup! Are you allowed to go in and work on it? I had a few friends store their bigger boats inside during the winters and it was nice to get in and polish/wax them casually in the spring rather then try to get it done in a day or two after the shrink comes off and before they drop them in.

3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

@powbmps that is a nice setup! Are you allowed to go in and work on it? I had a few friends store their bigger boats inside during the winters and it was nice to get in and polish/wax them casually in the spring rather then try to get it done in a day or two after the shrink comes off and before they drop them in.

Hmmm.  I didn't think to ask that.  I trailer it, so as soon as the snow melts, I'll bring it home and work on it in my driveway.  Typically have some time before the water is bearable.

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, powbmps said:

Hmmm.  I didn't think to ask that.  I trailer it, so as soon as the snow melts, I'll bring it home and work on it in my driveway.  Typically have some time before the water is bearable.

But you would have a reason to go be with the boat :)

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Brichter14 said:

RXd5hTa.jpg

ill probably drain the block just in case the power goes out. Been sittin for a month now....

Was it coincidence, or did you paint the garage to match the boat?

• Like 3

Nothing like mid November in Oklahoma. out Friday for one last run with Air 78 water still 64. I was fine in a wet suit. Winterize today and up to the shop for storage on Monday. One of the best seasons ever with Just over 100 hours on the boat.