Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Poor Wake on 2016 Malibu 25LSV

Justinww11

10 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

This is kinda of stuff that makes me chuckle.  Please tell me that you guys don't really believe that  Darkside is some sort of expert 1%er watersports guru as he portrays himself 

Wait wut?!?!? But his wave is in the top 1%!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, Chrisjjbrown said:

If you think Darkside knows anything about wakeboarding you haven't been paying attention.  

This is kinda of stuff that makes me chuckle.  Please tell me that you guys don't really believe that  Darkside is some sort of expert 1%er watersports guru as he portrays himself 

He was trying to explain how he can almost clean up the wake for wake boarding which confirmed what others had said about the lack luster wake below 23 mph.  This is what I am talking about, read all comments and you usually will find what you are looking for. 

Not that everyone doesn't have a valid point but, please don't turn this site into something like the Ford Raptor forums! You can't even read a usefull thread anymore , because every post turns into a s*** show argument. No fun to read anymore!

42 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I'm just saying if we're being paranoid and talking about conspiracy theories, isn't it also fair to recognize that malibu takes care of some peeps too?  Or exile? Or wetsounds? Or soulcraft/brigade/doomswell?

This isn’t the point. Sure there are a lot of members here that are compensated in some way. The point is the constant reference back to Centurion on a Malibu Website. This isn’t a branded stereo forum or a branded surfboard forum that people are pushing. It’s a Malibu Enthusists forum. That’s the issue when it’s a different model he’s pushing. When he’s pushing it in threads that are asking about Malibu specific items, should that be ok? It’s not with me. You’ve been around long enough to recall we started this site because Wakesiderides went from Malibu to all brands. That’s why we started this website. We wanted it to be Malibu. We’ve always welcomed other brand owners here and they have never pushed that brand here. They are here for the knowledge, friendship and closeness of the members. I think Darkside is here for that and that’s great. It’s the constant pushing his agenda that puts it over the top. 

Y'all read into it what you want.  Never have i claimed to be a great surfer actually just the opposite.  I frequently portray myself as an old fat guy.  Please reread the entire thread, or here is short the short version... 

Hulk likes 25' long wave in deep water 30' minimum, he is told that no one should ride that far back and certainly pros do not.  I counter this as it is absolutely incorrect, according to the coaches, all tricks start at the curl.  Pump forward do your trick, reset and repeat.  05hammerhead had comments, so i post 17 second video showing exactly that.  The comment was note the rider resetting,  not "hey look at this wave".   

Hulk comments how he dreams of adjustability,  tims comments Malibu has catch up.   I comment to Tims Malibu does not have catch up, and think of Hulk with that adjustibility....  i respond to bamaboy attack again with positive malibu comments, intentionally leaving out negative.   Get called out again for not answering second half...get kindly asked to leave.

As for being a plant...lol.  

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Y'all read into it what you want.  Never have i claimed to be a great surfer actually just the opposite.  I frequently portray myself as an old fat guy.  Please reread the entire thread, or here is short the short version... 

Hulk likes 25' long wave in deep water 30' minimum, he is told that no one should ride that far back and certainly pros do not.  I counter this as it is absolutely incorrect, according to the coaches, all tricks start at the curl.  Pump forward do your trick, reset and repeat.  05hammerhead had comments, so i post 17 second video showing exactly that.  The comment was note the rider resetting,  not "hey look at this wave".   

Hulk comments how he dreams of adjustability,  tims comments Malibu has catch up.   I comment to Tims Malibu does not have catch up, and think of Hulk with that adjustibility....  i respond to bamaboy attack again with positive malibu comments, intentionally leaving out negative.   Get called out again for not answering second half...get kindly asked to leave.

As for being a plant...lol.  

This isn't the first time, Dark. Just the other day Norris and I are having a friendly debate about transom seats in a Malibu vs Supra thread.  Next thing you know we're staring at another Ri picture.  It's like clockwork. 

You also never miss a chance to tell your sad story about the MXZ's, this thread included.  Funny you never mentioned any of that while you owned the boats.  Now the story gets more elaborate each time we hear it... we're even counting nights the boats spent at the dealer!  

I'm gonna ask you again, imagine if I'd hung around on the MB forum after switching to Malibu, sprinkled Malibu propaganda like pixie dust, and threw rocks at MB. What would happen?  Be honest...

Oh, and as long as we're counting nights at the dealer, here's my tally:

2017: zero

2016: zero

2015: zero

2014: seven (wife hit a log)

2013: zero

2012: zero

1 minute ago, IXFE said:

This isn't the first time, Dark. Just the other day Norris and I are having a friendly debate about transom seats in a Malibu vs Supra thread.  Next thing you know we're staring at another Ri picture.  It's like clockwork. 

You also never miss a chance to tell your sad story about the MXZ's, this thread included.  Funny you never mentioned any of that while you owned the boats.  Now the story gets more elaborate each time we hear it... we're even counting nights the boats spent at the dealer!  

I'm gonna ask you again, imagine if I'd hung around on the MB forum after switching to Malibu, sprinkled Malibu propaganda like pixie dust, and threw rocks at MB. What would happen?  Be honest...

Oh, and as long as we're counting nights at the dealer, here's my tally:

2017: zero

2016: zero

2015: zero

2014: seven (wife hit a log)

2013: zero

2012: zero

You were the one who asked do i really put soulcraft's in there..... seamed like a relevant picture... if you don't want the answer.... dont ask the question.

Gonna step in and defend dark again. In that thread about seats vs lockers, someone posted something along the lines of "you wouldn't want to put your soulcraft in that locker". He posted a pic of just that. As for starting at the curl, that's what I do. Here's a vid. Sorry about the slow mo. As to boats being in the dealer.....  mine was Back to the dealer WELL OVER a dozen times in the first year and I didn't hit anything or do anything wrong. I was patient and saw it through but I gotta say, I almost lost faith in the brand because of it. I don't see fanboy as a derogatory term as I could be considered one. It ya'all fanboys need to simmer down now. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DarkSide said:

You were the one who asked do i really put soulcraft's in there..... seamed like a relevant picture... if you don't want the answer.... dont ask the question.

Oh, that's right. I forgot that I asked you to post a picture instead of just a simple yes or no. Like I said, you never miss a chance to push that agenda.

Not gonna respond to the rest?  

Do you want the actual response, or just a simple yes?  Lol

Never mentioned any issues???....here is one example... 

i actually left the negative information out of the first response... however when called out again....question answered 

I am also very glad you have a great experience.   

As for staying on MB forum.... some people appreciate honest answers, when asking compare X and Y.   Getting a perspective of someone who has used both X and Y is better than just X is the most awesome thing ever..... 

I have also posted there are things BU does better, and certain things i do miss.   Example here...

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

This isn’t the point. Sure there are a lot of members here that are compensated in some way. The point is the constant reference back to Centurion on a Malibu Website. This isn’t a branded stereo forum or a branded surfboard forum that people are pushing. It’s a Malibu Enthusists forum. That’s the issue when it’s a different model he’s pushing. When he’s pushing it in threads that are asking about Malibu specific items, should that be ok? It’s not with me. You’ve been around long enough to recall we started this site because Wakesiderides went from Malibu to all brands. That’s why we started this website. We wanted it to be Malibu. We’ve always welcomed other brand owners here and they have never pushed that brand here. They are here for the knowledge, friendship and closeness of the members. I think Darkside is here for that and that’s great. It’s the constant pushing his agenda that puts it over the top. 

It's a matter of degree.  You see a guy "pushing his brand," and "pushing his agenda."   You went so far as to say "I’m betting someone at Centurion is making sure your boat isn’t having any issues so you can push your (their) agenda on this Malibu Enthusist's website."  That's a pretty dang strong call out.  And frankly if there really are people on here who are being taken care of special so they can toot Malibu's horn and push their agendas (as you've suggested is the case with DS and Centurion), it really is fair game to get that on the table too.  It's one thing if this is a site of Malibu enthusiasts, quite another if this is a site full of paid shills. 

Personally, what I see is a guy who's just like you but owns a different boat and doesn't know how to STFU about it.  

I'd hope that him just hearing from folks that it's annoying and borderline impolite would be enough without accusing the guy of being some kinda one man paid guerrilla social media campaign. 

I would assume all mfgs read this site for input.. it's simply the best site.  IMO that's good to keep the companies pushing innovation fwd based on people's perspective.. we see a ton of Malibu vs nautique info from former bu owners and their differences .. nothing wrong with the new Ris.. or others. I like all the threads and they keep me up to date in the info of other brands and how they compare to Malibu...most of what I've learned is all from TMC.. 

Agenda or not I don't think it matters. Pics and videos are awesome.. too few on TMC anyhow due to how hard they make it to just post a normal pic size.. .. I mean seriously TMC..it's 2017.. run an auto script/cron job every night to auto compress pics via one of countless free or paid compression services!!   TMC are  the 1%ers of the entire market.. or less.. everyone here is a big boy and can take the bashing.. I should know of anyone..  

Part of spending a ridiculous amount of dough on a new toy is to talk it up to your buddies.. and as well... maintain a realistic perspective that yours may not be the best in some areas.. calling out the pros and cons of brands and models is great IMO.. 

Ris took the industry by surprise.. even stole some bu and I'm sure nautique customers.. I personally like perspective.. after all it is the internet... 

As my wife would say.. "are u talking to your internet friends again!" Lol. 

Edited by The Hulk
6 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

I think the point that you need to get is that you don't need to answer every question like you are the one man centurion help line.  Sometimes it's OK to (a) not make a leading post that's going to lead to a "wow, really, tell me what you like more about your Ri, Dark" reply, and (b) not feel obliged to answer every centurion related question here.  Whether you realize it or not, you are bringing 99% of this drama (see what I did there?) on yourself.  

There are only like 10 Ri 257s in the wild..  @DarkSide is their only guy online .. I think they are beating us with 10% online representation.. ? Jk jk.. 

3 hours ago, The Hulk said:

I would assume all mfgs read this site for input.. it's simply the best site.  IMO that's good to keep the companies pushing innovation fwd based on people's perspective.. we see a ton of Malibu vs nautique info from former bu owners and their differences .. nothing wrong with the new Ris.. or others. I like all the threads and they keep me up to date in the info of other brands and how they compare to Malibu...most of what I've learned is all from TMC.. 

Agenda or not I don't think it matters. Pics and videos are awesome.. too few on TMC anyhow due to how hard they make it to just post a normal pic size.. .. I mean seriously TMC..it's 2017.. run an auto script/cron job every night to auto compress pics via one of countless free or paid compression services!!   TMC are  the 1%ers of the entire market.. or less.. everyone here is a big boy and can take the bashing.. I should know of anyone..  

Part of spending a ridiculous amount of dough on a new toy is to talk it up to your buddies.. and as well... maintain a realistic perspective that yours may not be the best in some areas.. calling out the pros and cons of brands and models is great IMO.. 

Ris took the industry by surprise.. even stole some bu and I'm sure nautique customers.. I personally like perspective.. after all it is the internet... 

As my wife would say.. "are u talking to your internet friends again!" Lol. 

Ahhhhhemmm.......Hulk they fixed the picture issue a few months ago.  You can post any pic now directly from your phone. I believe you just have to be a paid member.  

This pic seems appropriate 

IMG_6431.JPG

On 10/7/2017 at 0:39 AM, BruCru said:

It's a lot easier to clear at 65 off than it is at 80.  I don't add any ballast for wake boarding because I have to go to work on Monday.  Also, unless you are going less than 18 miles an hour the rider should be able to generate all the speed he needs on the cut, shouldn't he?  I have a Murray board the is 150 in length.  You can send it big time on that thing.  The landing kinda sucks for the old guys... being less flexible and all.

Actually know, its easier to clear at faster speeds due to swing speed, especially for toeside.  The wake also gets skinnier the faster you go too.  That being said, if you cant cross the wakes slower it just means you arent holding an edge.  There is a caveat though, some boats *cough A22 cough* you need to speed it up quite a bit because the wake is so wide and the wake doesnt clean up real great slow. 

Im getting older and the falls hurt a lot more than they used to, and it doesnt feel great landing in the flats anymore like it used to.  

Man I was responding to a comment 2 pages ago, not realizing the drama that had unfolded.  I for one appreciate all input from all different people.  Centurion makes a hell of a boat, but for $150k it damn well better be.  Were comparing Lamborghinis to Ferraris to AMG MBs, theyre all good in their own way.  Test drive em and see for yourself. 

I wish this site would do better appreciating the things that other brands are doing.  I give kudos where its due regardless of brand.  Supras autowake is cool as hell, get me that.  MCs new ballast design in the xstar is cool, put that in my boat.  

Instead everyone on here says things like PW2 in lift mode is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Yup...thats why MC did it 20 years ago and called it auto launch.  OMG the power seat, yup, supras been doing that for 5 years.  I applaud the competition and hope it leads to more innovation and eventually cheaper used boats for me.

26 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Yeah, I think you missed the movie (and the sequel over on the ballast forum). 

I've been reading this from the beginning but the plot changes got me! 

Dave

• 1 month later...

just to chime in...I have an RI257 that goes 16000 lbs with full ballast and 1000 lead and 4 crew and gear.  my wave does suffer in water less than 20 feet.   found that out surfing in my lake after laborday when they drop the waterlevel.  oh well...first world problems..right?

• Like 2
On 10/6/2017 at 2:03 PM, Michigan boarder said:

Please tell me at Norris that you'll swap me a couple of footing lessons on my boat (with/without a boom) for a couple of surfing lessons behind yours.

Just make sure you bring footing shorts and a large barefoot suit cause I’m to fat for mine , haven’t done boom tumbles since 10 years ago, 

• Like 1