Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 25 LSV Rumors Updates Will it Compare to the G25?

BRS

2 hours ago, pauley71 said:

The 23 is still significantly cheaper so its still a size and budget decision.  

The difference between the 23 and 25 in base MSRP is $17k. In real world $'s its more like $13k.

But you have to keep in mind that in addition to a much bigger boat, 17" prop, 2:1 tranny, etc, you're also getting a motor upgrade to the 450. That's $8k MSRP alone!  If you factor that out (ie assume the 23 has a 450 also) the difference is really only $9K MSRP or $7K in real world $'s. 

So I guess it just depends on how you define "significantly cheaper"

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

and best of all the 25lsv has much more floor space for crackers & crumbs! i couldn't help but laugh when i get out of the water and see my 2yr old running over hits ritz crackers with his toy truck.. anyhow fun day at the sandbar! as you can see I lost the battle of food and snacks in the boat with the kidos. @ahopkinsTXi this is your future.. 

20170924_152852.jpg

20170924_152134.jpg

holy crap.  That reminds me of the one time I saw my last boat.  Thing was full of Cheetos and foot prints all over the solid white seats.  

20 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

You know what, if my daughter loves being on the boat all the time and those messes happen, then awesome. I won't care. She's on the boat with us and we are having a great time. 

Alternately teach them that when it is snack time you sit and eat - then take away the crackers when it is play time.  Otherwise your house, car and boat will look like that.  Or just live with the mess - dealers choice.

13 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Alternately teach them that when it is snack time you sit and eat - then take away the crackers when it is play time.  Otherwise your house, car and boat will look like that.  Or just live with the mess - dealers choice.

Well of course but it's going to happen sooner or later. Kids are kids. 

8 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

You need to surf it. Who demos and doesn't get in the water? 

For the record, it wasn't really a demo when I was in the 25.  It was a charity event I am part of, and I didn't expect to get in the water, and my dealer knew I am somewhat in the market, so they told me to take it out at the end of the day.

On 9/26/2017 at 5:55 AM, BRS said:

I am wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or updates on the 2019 25 LSV we are considering upgrading our 2016 but without any significant changes in 2018 we are hoping that the 2019 is the update year.  We are hoping for infloor cooler vs under seat, walk thru rear, bag levels gauges.  the new GoPro integration on the Nautique looks really nice!  We are possibly considering looking at a G25 as they seemed to have leapfrogged Malibu this year!

Leapfrogged Malibu with a 17% market share ..don't think so .. surf them both and see the difference .. 25Lsv is perfect for both surf and wakeboarding . 

• Like 2
On 9/26/2017 at 5:55 AM, BRS said:

I am wondering if anyone has heard any rumors or updates on the 2019 25 LSV we are considering upgrading our 2016 but without any significant changes in 2018 we are hoping that the 2019 is the update year.  We are hoping for infloor cooler vs under seat, walk thru rear, bag levels gauges.  the new GoPro integration on the Nautique looks really nice!  We are possibly considering looking at a G25 as they seemed to have leapfrogged Malibu this year!

Leapfrogged Malibu with a 17% market share ..don't think so .. surf them both and see the difference .. 25Lsv is perfect for both surf and wakeboarding . 25 came out in 2016 ..changes every 3 years .2019 should see the 25 get everything the new 23 has . 2018 - 25lsv is the same as 2017-2016 .

2019s will have Malibu engines and it's getting close to new command center time plus I heard they have some suprices for the market in 2019/2020 ..

9 hours ago, Stevo said:

Not my head... mine is executing textbook arm flapping technique in the other pic.

i didn't check with the rider before posting so in the interest of being a Bro I blacked it out

I thought you had "Walk Like an Egyptian" blasting on the stereo.:)

Seems like I am always doing something like that in pics. 

7 hours ago, The Hulk said:

and best of all the 25lsv has much more floor space for crackers & crumbs! i couldn't help but laugh when i get out of the water and see my 2yr old running over hits ritz crackers with his toy truck.. anyhow fun day at the sandbar! as you can see I lost the battle of food and snacks in the boat with the kidos. @ahopkinsTXi this is your future.. 

20170924_152852.jpg

20170924_152134.jpg

That picture gives me a rash and a cold sweat! At least it wasn't Doritos or Cheetos:)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, The Hulk said:

20170924_152852.jpg

20170924_152134.jpg

For future snacks I'd like to suggest you bring some of those big Costco muffins. And maybe some fried chicken. With some cherry koolaid to wash it down.....

• Like 2
9 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Or just take your dog.

14 hours ago, IXFE said:

The difference between the 23 and 25 in base MSRP is $17k. In real world $'s its more like $13k.

But you have to keep in mind that in addition to a much bigger boat, 17" prop, 2:1 tranny, etc, you're also getting a motor upgrade to the 450. That's $8k MSRP alone!  If you factor that out (ie assume the 23 has a 450 also) the difference is really only $9K MSRP or $7K in real world $'s. 

So I guess it just depends on how you define "significantly cheaper"

To be fair, I've never priced one new .. so thanks for the breakdown.  I was looking at resale and there seems to be larger gap, but again .. haven't compared apples to apples.

20 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

To be fair, I've never priced one new .. so thanks for the breakdown.  I was looking at resale and there seems to be larger gap, but again .. haven't compared apples to apples.

I agree with that statement, but I also am not comparing apples to apples.  There is a 2016 for sale that I have been in contact with.  And I am looking more like a $30,000 difference.  But that boat has more options than mine does.  Even with similar options, I think it would still be $20,000.  For comparison sake, what would be the delta between a 2014 23LSV and a 2016 23LSV?  

16 hours ago, The Hulk said:

20170924_152852.jpg

20170924_152134.jpg

Why are you so uptight?  Seriously, the caps are ON the sunscreen and you only allow water?  You probably even got some crumbs IN the trash can too curmudgeon!