Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What an end to the season :(

UWSkier

I would think it would take years to produce enough rain water to fill the lake back up since its down at least 3-4 feet... how much rain do you get in a year?

It's not just the rain there, it's what feeds into it. Lake Powell has been known to come up as much as 30 ft one year, and then go back down.

eubanks, do people just leave their boats sitting on those lifts like that all winter?

...I would think it would take years to produce enough rain water to fill the lake back up since its down at least 3-4 feet... how much rain do you get in a year?
Our favorite lake (Bullard's Bar) is down over 6 feet in two weeks...Of course, it's still a couple hundred feet deep. :) Englebright has been known to drop 4+ feet over the course of a couple of days (again 200+ feet deep). The year that they filled Diamond Reservior down in southern CA they pulled Oroville down well over 100 feet. Shocking.gif

Sorry to hear udub Cry.gif You should move south, you can get more season and you would have gotten her fixed and rode on till the end of the year.

Two problems with that. 1. I'd have to give up snowmobiling. 2. I'd have to sell my Packer tickets.... two things that ain't happening in this lifetime. :)

I only see one problem..................OH, I take that back, it might be tuff trying to find some one to dump those tickets on :lol: We need to plan a small trip to the big hills. No wrenching on you sled either, it way to early for that Fingerwag.gif

You know that if your in the cities, you always have a pull. :)

Yep. CVZ took it down. Good job by the Wisconsin boy going out and beating the likes of Stokes and St. Onge by turning 3.25 figure 8's!

But Stokes is a Wisconsin boy - at least now he is.

I haven't been able to find the full results online yet. I thought BFC would have them posted right away, but their coverage has been half-hearted this year. How did the Australians do?

Sucks about the boat. You going to make it out to Dousman this weekend?

Mike

Yep. CVZ took it down. Good job by the Wisconsin boy going out and beating the likes of Stokes and St. Onge by turning 3.25 figure 8's!

But Stokes is a Wisconsin boy - at least now he is.

I haven't been able to find the full results online yet. I thought BFC would have them posted right away, but their coverage has been half-hearted this year. How did the Australians do?

Sucks about the boat. You going to make it out to Dousman this weekend?

Mike

I found them HERE

I would think it would take years to produce enough rain water to fill the lake back up since its down at least 3-4 feet... how much rain do you get in a year?

eubanks, do people just leave their boats sitting on those lifts like that all winter?

Normally yes, but a lot of people have removed their boats before the water levels got so bad. The silly people are just leaving their boats were they are now...on the lifts on dry land! Maybe they're getting a slip (storage) discount. :)

Normally yes, but a lot of people have removed their boats before the water levels got so bad. The silly people are just leaving their boats were they are now...on the lifts on dry land! Maybe they're getting a slip (storage) discount. :)

what marina was that? i remember a few years ago when lrr got too low to stay in the marina and they pulled everything to the main body

-krak

edit...ok not a few..more like half a dozen or so ;)

Edited by krakdaddie

BTW, thanks for the invite Krak but we won't be able to make it. We closed on a house yesterday and will be doing house maintenance for how knows how long!

Those pics are from East Fork where we usually launch. They had to move the Collin Park slips out to deeper water, but I'm not sure how those boats are doing. Every public ramp on the lake is now closed. Sad times for us folks that go east. RH isn't down as much but just as scary with stumps everywhere.

It's not just the rain there, it's what feeds into it. Lake Powell has been known to come up as much as 30 ft one year, and then go back down.

That's unbelievable!

my lake goes up in the spring because it feeds the trent-severn waterway (designed 100s of years ago in case of invasion from Americans!!!) which runs from lake ontario up to lake simcoe and onto georgian bay on lake huron.

It's a headwater that feeds the trent-severn so in the spring it is dammed up and essentially flooded. Throughout the summer they pull logs from the dam and it will drop almost 6 feet by the fall. (its a glacier lake @ 250feet deep in some spots) so I have a hard time understanding how a lake can come up and down 30ft.

That's unbelievable!

my lake goes up in the spring because it feeds the trent-severn waterway (designed 100s of years ago in case of invasion from Americans!!!) which runs from lake ontario up to lake simcoe and onto georgian bay on lake huron.

It's a headwater that feeds the trent-severn so in the spring it is dammed up and essentially flooded. Throughout the summer they pull logs from the dam and it will drop almost 6 feet by the fall. (its a glacier lake @ 250feet deep in some spots) so I have a hard time understanding how a lake can come up and down 30ft.

http://www.lakepowell.com/lake_levels.php

That's the website that shows the lake levels at Lake Powell. I think it was 3 years ago, the lake was down 150 ft. Now it's only down about 100. Still a HUGE lake, and great place to go, but it has cut off some of the areas, and also shortened all the fingers. Amazing thing was when it was at it's lowest, we took the jet ski's in some narrow areas, and you could look up and just imagine what the lake would look like with another 150 ft of water. It was crazy. Or the big fingers, you would get to the end, but could see the waterline on the canyon from when the lake was at it's peak just keep going and going. Really neat to see...

The past few years, the Rockies have gotten a lot more snow, so the lake is filling up, but it is nowhere near where it was once before.