Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Supra SL & 2018 Malibu 23LSV

NorrisMike

Love those Polaris RZR. Went to Idaho this last summer and drove my brother in laws. Came back to CA. wanting one bad. Wife talked me out of it. The after market parts to customize those things are awesome. 

Back to the SL, I found this link on YouTube. It says it is footage from a 2018 Supra SL 550. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DNLMRVLNhMgE&ved=0ahUKEwiWtsWUmbLXAhULz2MKHaYOAKYQo7QBCCQwBA&usg=AOvVaw1xNuv5dQQXPa07wm_IJzcl

The wave look very nice. b

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, UWSkier said:

Seems like a lot of stuff to bang your shins on.

I climbed around in some Supra's, and there is lots of shin bangers. Lol, also I have kids that would prob get hurt on them also. But they are very nice boats.

• Like 2
On 11/9/2017 at 3:05 PM, Pnwrider said:

Any reason you didn’t go with another can am?

No. I looked for another Can Am but couldn't find the kind I wanted (Turbo Max).  Their new X3 is awesome but the 4-seat version is very long for the area I ride.  That thing would high center everywhere here but if I lived out west then I'd get that.   I figured I'd buy this one and see how much I use it and how the family likes it.  It also gives me a chance to see how I like a Polaris.  I've been out a few times now.  A few thoughts - It's plenty fast for hauling my family but I will be going back to a Turbo if we get another one - Suspension is "okay" but could use some tweaking - The plushness of the ride is similar to the Maverick but the Maverick corners much better out of the box - The RZR is much quieter in the cab with the rearward engine vs Can Am Maverick - for the slow stuff I like the locking front diff on the RZR - for the faster trails I like the 4wd system of the Maverick

3 hours ago, IXFE said:

You know who makes a lot of white boats??? 

Bayliner  :whistle:

Bayliner!!!!!!!  BWAHHAHHAAHA!!!   

You'd be happy to know they also have PADDED transom seating on their deck boats... No need for them to have any useable storage for boards, vest, ropes, etc... you know, since its a deck boat.... :rofl:  

Screen_Shot_2017_11_13_at_7_52_51_PM.png

• Like 2

I was in Knoxville last Friday and would have liked to tour the Malibu plant but they are closed on Fridays.  We were close to the Supra plant so I called and they arranged a tour without prior notice.  I really enjoyed seeing the process and seeing the boats.  I would definitely consider a Supra when the time comes.  That tower is amazing and the bimini design is pretty amazing.  Unfortunately the tour guide gave a little too much "what we do that's better than everyone else......." 

8 minutes ago, Molarbu said:

I was in Knoxville last Friday and would have liked to tour the Malibu plant but they are closed on Fridays.  We were close to the Supra plant so I called and they arranged a tour without prior notice.  I really enjoyed seeing the process and seeing the boats.  I would definitely consider a Supra when the time comes.  That tower is amazing and the bimini design is pretty amazing.  Unfortunately the tour guide gave a little too much "what we do that's better than everyone else......." 

The best boat is the one that someone Sells, Owns Or builds, It's that simple! 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

I mean........ I’ve toured Bu, MC, CC, and SC, and they were all singing that same tune.....

One thing I could say, though, is that they all actually do have certain things that they really do better than others. It would be awesome if all those things were combined in one boat.

a Supra Air Mali-Craft GX 23LSE

One of the things he spent significant time on  was how the backrest for the rear bench had a curved profile and how hard that is to do and how many expensive wake boats have right angles in the rear corners.  I was thinking "my 11 year old boat has that".

This is a dig at Malibu and the G's.  Most of the Malibu redesigns have went square.  I agree the rounded corner is more comfortable.  

Most of the time people sit at an angle and have one leg up on either the rear or side seat, so the squared corners are not as good in my opinion.

I too want to see the Supra Air Mali Craft.  The best parts of everything in one boat, and have Bayliner prices!

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

The best boat is the one that someone Sells, Owns Or builds, It's that simple! 

Ahhhhh.... Blind brand loyalty.  Sounds a lot like politics... 

• Like 2
On 11/14/2017 at 3:32 PM, Molarbu said:

Closed on Friday’s or Just Veterans Day observed?