Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Supra SL & 2018 Malibu 23LSV

NorrisMike

LOL.  I used to keep 150lb of lead in my tubs.   I also used to line the transom with lead as alluded to.  

I am also a fan of puppies, sunshine, apple pie, sweet tea,  and padded seats everywhere but the transom locker....

14 minutes ago, Chrisjjbrown said:

I heard Centurion just teamed up w a rather large public company for those of you who love to put things in your transom  and hate Pads. 

IMG_6431.JPG

I don't know why that's directed at me, i repeatedly said i like my stuff hard and have no use for pads..... seams to me that would be more appropriate for those that already use pads.... just curious do the gates count as wings?   

@Chrisjjbrown. That was funny!  You literally made me LOL

Edited by DarkSide
7 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I don't know why that's directed at me, i repeatedly said i like my stuff hard and have no use for pads..... seams to me that would be more appropriate for those that already use pads.... just curious do the gates count as wings?

Oh my .....someone please explain to this guy what just happened to him. 

Edited by Chrisjjbrown
  • 2 weeks later...

I've currently own a Malibu VLX and this is my second one, so I've been a fan of Malibu boats for a long time. Well It's time again for me to buy a new boat. After looking for the past two years I will be buying a Supra SL as my next boat. I don't care to defend my reason, because we all have our opinions. Just test drive one. Most supra owners once had a Malibu. The ones I know all did. Just food for thought. 

I’m in the same camp.  I have demoed every manufacturers 2018 wakesurf boat in the 23 footish range including the 2018 lsv and 24mxz.  My short list now for new purchase is the G23 or Supra SL.  I will be demoing the SL next week. It may or may not cut the mustered will see. I will say after all these demos other boat companies have caught up or surpassed Malibu in wakesurf waves and time it takes to fill ballast tanks.  Interior wise it’s also getting very close or the same or better.  I will say that Malibu has all beat in the screen and ease of use to control things.  The old days are over for the Bu crew including myself to try to argue that the Malibu is far superior.  Two or three yrs ago yes.  Go see for yourselves and Demo.  And I have had more Malibu’s than I want to say.

But, they have caught up and even surpassed in some areas.  I’m not arguing with anyone here, I’ve just pulled my head out of the Malibu sand and demoed every 2018 in the 23 foot range.  I agree with poster above besides Malibu the only other boat holding their value is Nautique right now.

5 hours ago, Capdoogie said:

But, they have caught up and even surpassed in some areas.  I’m not arguing with anyone here, I’ve just pulled my head out of the Malibu sand and demoed every 2018 in the 23 foot range.  I agree with poster above besides Malibu the only other boat holding their value is Nautique right now.

I don't think anyone's going to argue that the G23 isn't in a class ahead of the 23 LSV. It's been there for quite awhile now, as it should be for an extra ~$30K.

Not sure about the Supra SL though, and I have to admit not even knowing what price range that's in.

Edited by NWBU

So my quick take on the 2018’s. Every boat in the 23 foot range still needed massive amounts of xtra ballast.  just look at the highly toughted wakesurf wave of the ri series they all come with almost every locker with Pnp soft sacs in them, the Malibu’s also need rear lockers filled and bow sacs.  Tige, MC, moomba, etc.  not sure on the Supra SL yet.  Every boat in this category to get a decent surf wave (not skim) you loose most all your storage space and some you loose bow seating area do to the xtra sacs.   Except the G23!   The 2018 I demoed, we just put a couple of hundred pounds of lead hidden away in it and bam!  Great wave. Firm steep on standard side just like my Malibu has on goofy side.  Not that it’s better than a fully slammed Bu or any other slammed boat just less things to fill and do to get a great wave.  It may cost a little more but it’s like upgrading to a more powerful engine. I’m tired of sacs leaking,  schlepping pumps over the side. My bow filled with sacs and no room. Everyone has a tolerance level they reach for the money they spend in search of a great wakesurf wave.  I’ve reached mine.

• Like 2

Well Sometimes it's not always about what is perceived as The Best! All of this is so subjective, There are things I like about Supra, And about many of the other brands, It's a constant debate! We all like what we like for so many different reasons, I have heard it said so many times on here!! If your really torn between one brand over the other, DEMO, Asking all of us what we think can be helpful or misleading, My Brother in law told me something he did back before he became a dealer, He had 3 Brands show up to the same lake at the same time and he demoed them Back to Back to Back and spent a good part of the day out there with all 3 he was interested, And he picked what he liked from that, Sure it's a lot of time and maybe hassle, But with the cost of these boats now days I think that was brilliant, I like What I like regardless of what someone else positive Or Negative experience was! 

5 minutes ago, Capdoogie said:

So my quick take on the 2018’s. Every boat in the 23 foot range still needed massive amounts of xtra ballast.  just look at the highly toughted wakesurf wave of the ri series they all come with almost every locker with Pnp soft sacs in them, the Malibu’s also need rear lockers filled and bow sacs.  Tige, MC, moomba, etc.  not sure on the Supra SL yet.  Every boat in this category to get a decent surf wave (not skim) you loose most all your storage space and some you loose bow seating area do to the xtra sacs.   Except the G23!   The 2018 I demoed, we just put a couple of hundred pounds of lead hidden away in it and bam!  Great wave. Firm steep on standard side just like my Malibu has on goofy side.  Not that it’s better than a fully slammed Bu or any other slammed boat just less things to fill and do to get a great wave.  It may cost a little more but it’s like upgrading to a more powerful engine. I’m tired of sacs leaking,  schlepping pumps over the side. My bow filled with sacs and no room. Everyone has a tolerance level they reach for the money they spend in search of a great wakesurf wave.  I’ve reached mine.

Great Point, That's why I love the New 18 23 LSV No Bow sac and the PNP is Clean, Plenty of storage all over this boat! 

On 10/14/2017 at 7:37 AM, Capdoogie said:

I’m in the same camp.  I have demoed every manufacturers 2018 wakesurf boat in the 23 footish range including the 2018 lsv and 24mxz.  My short list now for new purchase is the G23 or Supra SL.  I will be demoing the SL next week. It may or may not cut the mustered will see. I will say after all these demos other boat companies have caught up or surpassed Malibu in wakesurf waves and time it takes to fill ballast tanks.  Interior wise it’s also getting very close or the same or better.  I will say that Malibu has all beat in the screen and ease of use to control things.  The old days are over for the Bu crew including myself to try to argue that the Malibu is far superior.  Two or three yrs ago yes.  Go see for yourselves and Demo.  And I have had more Malibu’s than I want to say.

Not trying to stir the pot here, just curious as to why you placed the SL on your short list to purchase when you have not demoed it yet? 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Capdoogie said:

Well your 25 is in a different class of boat.  But, so is the Ri257 I demoed.  Unfortunately I don’t have the storage space for those.

I think it's a fare comparison given the weight is close to the same and the G23 is still significantly more expensive.

Having demo'd the new 23 LSV I'm not sure I'd come to a different conclusion either.  

I get what you're saying about not needing PnP, but I totally disagree that the wave is as good. That was just not my experience. 

IMG_6847.JPG

Edited by IXFE