Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Supra SL & 2018 Malibu 23LSV

NorrisMike

On 9/21/2017 at 10:47 AM, Fffrank said:

Have you spent much time in one?  WAAAAY different of a feel than behind a boat (or a real wave.)

Yea three years till I broke my femur on it , so yes, it's his manner of rotating in spot where he stays so erect, that's flow rider technique 

On 9/19/2017 at 11:18 AM, DarkSide said:

I don't know, there's something to be said for a boat that reliably "delivers the goods" day in and day out.  

I do get what your saying, the Ri is definitely not the sexiest beast out there.  The FI looks really good though.

I don't know, that super light blue and gray at worlds with that huge Bimini was pretty darn sexy , it changed color hue so hard from light to direct sunlight on the boat , and uh uh let's not mention that sexy beast wave 

2 hours ago, soonerbilly said:

In those 2 pics the bottom one looks much better.....you can see that theres MUCH more water moving....firmer.

Actually the opposite, it's slightly different angles, (lower farther off to the side).  Also a lot of the moving water is the rooster.   The top is my 257, the bottom my 24MXZ.  

On 9/15/2017 at 6:21 PM, NorrisMike said:

Come on bro, you can do better than that! Your reply lacks effort...  

The couch area on the Supra SL is actually a pretty cool. You can fit multiple boards in there, ropes, wet vests, etc.  The Malibu had a couple shallow plastic trays for maybe storing sun tan lotion, wet gloves, lube.... :blush: The Bu couch seats and hinges felt very flimsy and cheap to me too. 

Screen_Shot_2017_09_15_at_11_55_17_AM.pn

Do you like MC's lounge seating configuration?

353948_p_t_640x480_image11.jpg

I agree, the transom locker on the new Supra's is pretty cool

5 minutes ago, Chappy said:

I agree, the transom locker on the new Supra's is pretty cool

I have a transom locker like that and it is freaking awesome!  Perfect place to store boards to/from the lake, wet jackets on top of the ballast bag while on the lake.  Great feature!

On September 18, 2017 at 9:25 PM, IXFE said:

I would gladly trade all those super powers for 6 more inches...

of air

It's called punt wax. The pros call it cheater wax. I rode for the first time with it recently and was blown away. The board literally is glued to your feet! My pre-conceived notion that it would just be a little grippier. NO, you AIR and the board is stuck to your feet. Almost like riding with bindings..I guarantee you'll get 6 more inches. Big downfall, it gets all over your feet, you have to use a wax remover, then dish soap or shampoo...otherwise it will get all over the boat.. Ashley Kidd and Allison SOS (Soulcraft Hot SOS) are the only ones who don't use

Edited by skurfer
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, bamaboy said:

@NorrisMike, did you surf/wakeboard it?  Any pics of the wave/wake?

I watched someone surf it - both sides.  I was not able to surf unfortunately.  The wave looked really nice and comparable to other boats in its category.  Also, it was very easy to setup.  All we did was hit a button.  No extra bags.  It filled pretty quick with the dual pumps too.  If all you do is surf, is there a better boat out there than the new Centurion Ri257?  If I was a surfer 100% of the time I'd be after the BEST, BIGGEST, EASIEST to setup surf boat.  

Screen_Shot_2017_09_26_at_7_43_31_AM.png

8 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I have a transom locker like that and it is freaking awesome!  Perfect place to store boards to/from the lake, wet jackets on top of the ballast bag while on the lake.  Great feature!

Do you really put your Soulcrafts in there?  I'm having a hard time believing a board wouldn't get dinged up in there unless you kept it in a protective sleeve. 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Do you really put your Soulcrafts in there?  I'm having a hard time believing a board wouldn't get dinged up in there unless you kept it in a protective sleeve. 

I think I'd be more worried about the big fins getting broken.  I'd put any surf board w the big fins upside down on the bimini.  Kneeboard, surf boards, waterskis, ropes, wet vests, gloves, etc would get tossed in the trunk. 

46 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Sounds like you made up your mind. What colors are you getting?

Not even close.  I haven't demo'd other boats yet.  I will certainly be considering all my options. Lots of things to think about!  Who knows, I may end up buying something totally different (not a boat). 

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

Yes, i also keep them in surf socks. I keep 2 boards, and a few jackets.  One board fins to left, one fins to the right a couple jackets between them.  

10 hours ago, skurfer said:

It's called punt wax. The pros call it cheater wax. I rode for the first time with it recently and was blown away. The board literally is glued to your feet! My pre-conceived notion that it would just be a little grippier. NO, you AIR and the board is stuck to your feet. Almost like riding with bindings..I guarantee you'll get 6 more inches. Big downfall, it gets all over your feet, you have to use a wax remover, then dish soap or shampoo...otherwise it will get all over the boat.. Ashley Kidd and Allison SOS (Soulcraft Hot SOS) are the only ones who don't use

Easiest solution to avoid getting wax everywhere, socks....dry your feet slip on socks...no wax anywhere.

27 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Now I know how you get some much air.  Secrets out!

Lol, fat old guys don't get much air, my wife says i get 6" of air, but her measuring judgement may be skewed.... 

I learned this trick from other riders on my boat.  I personally dont use wax, but really like the viscus mats.  

As a side note NONE of the pro or outlaw riders i ride with use PUNT wax, BECAUSE it is too sticky.  It's great for airs, but it detracts from shuv's and board spin tricks because your feet are basically glued to the board.

Edited by DarkSide

I’m gonna jump in on the 11th hours of this padded vs non padded argument. Hopefully IXFE will take it easy on me ..... I’ve had a SE for the last 3 seasons with the padded seats and honestly I think it’s the only downfall to that boat. People use them as steps and every single year I have had to warranty them due to that. I’ve actually ordered a SA for 2018 and am so excited to use the surf locker..... not for boards but to stack full of lead. Even with the PTM racks I’ve been putting my boards up on the surf pockets. I’m not even gonna touch the SL vs LSV argument on here. But I will say the SL is a “ game changer “ 😜. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, 2008vtx said:

I’m gonna jump in on the 11th hours of this padded vs non padded argument. Hopefully IXFE will take it easy on me ..... I’ve had a SE for the last 3 seasons with the padded seats and honestly I think it’s the only downfall to that boat. People use them as steps and every single year I have had to warranty them due to that. I’ve actually ordered a SA for 2018 and am so excited to use the surf locker..... not for boards but to stack full of lead. Even with the PTM racks I’ve been putting my boards up on the surf pockets. I’m not even gonna touch the SL vs LSV argument on here. But I will say the SL is a “ game changer “ 😜. 

Nobody uses the padded seats as steps on my boat. There's a hard step between them on all Malibus. Never had a warranty claim on them either. My boards go on the bimini and in the PTM racks, which are great for fragile boards cuz you can easily adjust how tight you want the arms. That's room for six boards (or 10 if you have quads). Plenty for us. I see zero value in having boards in a locker or in that trunk.  My ropes go in the engine tray.  

Y'all keep trying to make this about the storage. You have storage back there and so do I. You put boards in your trunk while I store cleaning / wipe down supplies in my tubs.  Big deal.  Let's go back to my original statement... it was about the seating surface, not the storage. A hard bench seat reminds ME of the so-called "value" boats (Axis, Moomba, MB, Supreme, 21 VLX). It just does.  We spend a lot of time chilling back there, floating between sets, swimming, tied up to houseboat, etc. I don't want hard seats there anymore than I want them at home while watching TV. 

Sorry guys, you're not gonna change my view on this topic. But I think it's funny that you keep trying. 

• Like 4

I don't think anyone is trying to convince you of anything.  What we are doing is expressing why we like a certain feature.  Just as you are expressing what you dislike about certain feature.  

Simply put a locker at the transom is the best location for ballast.  You get the benefits of leverage!  The fact that it provides convenient storage pre and post lake is purely a bonus.     Personally i am glad there are no pads here, pads would change the depth ofthe locker by the depth of the pad, thus taking away ballast capacity, and the ability to put boards there while boat is in transit.  

So different strokes, @IXFE likes pads GREAT!   @2008vtx and myself don't, also GREAT!   I am not trying to confiscate your pads, or saying your wrong for wanting them.  That is the beauty of choice my friend, we can both get what we want.

9 hours ago, DarkSide said:

I don't think anyone is trying to convince you of anything.  What we are doing is expressing why we like a certain feature.  Just as you are expressing what you dislike about certain feature.  

Simply put a locker at the transom is the best location for ballast.  You get the benefits of leverage!  The fact that it provides convenient storage pre and post lake is purely a bonus.     Personally i am glad there are no pads here, pads would change the depth ofthe locker by the depth of the pad, thus taking away ballast capacity, and the ability to put boards there while boat is in transit.  

So different strokes, @IXFE likes pads GREAT!   @2008vtx and myself don't, also GREAT!   I am not trying to confiscate your pads, or saying your wrong for wanting them.  That is the beauty of choice my friend, we can both get what we want.

The lengths to which you will go in order to win a debate are unbelievable to me. Isn't arguing that you don't like cushioned seating kinda like saying you don't like puppies? Or sunshine? Or donuts?  

First you try the storage argument... woops, Malibu has both cushions and storage.  Then you rally with "it gives me room for more ballast."  Uh okay.  To that I say, I can also get "leverage" by stuffing lead in the corners if I choose to.  Or I can deploy more wedge.  Or I can remove the tubs for larger bags... can you remove your storage?  And round and round we go.  All this cuz I had the audacity to say I prefer to rest my a** on a soft bench. Just goes to show, @IXFE can't make even the most benign statement without incurring the wrath of the Malibu haters.  

I mean honestly, Joe. If you love hard seats and ballast so much, let's make this real... why not lobby Centurion to remove all cushioned seats from the boat?  Hard benches EVERYWHERE!  I mean think about it. You could probably double the size of Ramfill! Imagine the possibilities, the new tricks you could pull... who needs cushions if it means an extra 2" of air??

• Like 3