Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Supra SL & 2018 Malibu 23LSV

NorrisMike

12 minutes ago, NWBU said:

I want to say around 3500 but don’t quote me on that. I’ll check next time out if someone else doesn’t chime in.

I’m pretty happy with the 2277 so far but had ordered the 2249 after my demo last fall seemed underpropped with 7 in the boat and full 580 PNPs. The demo went better after dumping some rear weight but made me nervous about the prop/gearing ratio so I think I’m partly to blame for a few of you ordering that prop too. I know one dealer in TX is ordering all their stock boats with the 2249.

What are you seeing for RPMs in various surf and cruise setups with the 2249?

To be honest, no idea what rpms are surfing. My wife is usually driving and asking her about rpms is like speaking a foreign language. My issue is the boat is doing 4K rpms at 25 mph. 

I’m running the 2249, with a 450.  I’ve been surfing with all PNP full plus 650’s in the rear 100% full.  Speed set to 10.8 and 2 clicks up on the wedge (stock setting) My rpms are typilcally between 3600-3800.  Top speed is 38.7

I was thinking of ordering a 2277 as my spare and to see if it brings the RPMS down a little.  The 450 is a beast compared to the 410 I had in my VLX, so I’m sure if can handle the 2277 just fine. 

On 6/2/2018 at 4:48 PM, NWBU said:

results in too much spill over the surfgates 

What is the result in spill over?  I’m curious as I have been running 650’s in the rear of my 2018 LSV with all PNP full.  It’s been a great combo, but I had major struggles today running the sale set up.  Basically, I felt the wave had zero push, I could not stay in the pocket and just kept falling out the back.  My wife Seamus she felt the same.  It was totally weird, as we had the same size crew and same setting we have been running all season. The only difference, today, the water was choppy as heck. I’m puzzled, I thought maybe the gates were not deploying all the way. 

8 hours ago, SCMike said:

What is the result in spill over?  I’m curious as I have been running 650’s in the rear of my 2018 LSV with all PNP full.  It’s been a great combo, but I had major struggles today running the sale set up.  Basically, I felt the wave had zero push, I could not stay in the pocket and just kept falling out the back.  My wife Seamus she felt the same.  It was totally weird, as we had the same size crew and same setting we have been running all season. The only difference, today, the water was choppy as heck. I’m puzzled, I thought maybe the gates were not deploying all the way. 

The spill over dumps a bunch of white water across to the face of the wave and probably doesn’t really change much as far as push but it’s annoying to ride in.

It’s like the spray below the board in this pic, although this is cleaned up and the spray here is just from the board.

AD6B5E41-2A93-4D76-808C-13CAB890B820.jpeg

12 hours ago, NWBU said:

The spill over dumps a bunch of white water across to the face of the wave and probably doesn’t really change much as far as push but it’s annoying to ride in.

It’s like the spray below the board in this pic, although this is cleaned up and the spray here is just from the board.

AD6B5E41-2A93-4D76-808C-13CAB890B820.jpeg

Thanks @NWBU. I’ll play around with dumping some weight next time I’m out.  

Honest question:

since Supra has up’d their game they’re getting a lot of attention.

i see Supra and Tige about tied.... why doesn’t Tige get the mid-level attention Supra gets?

2 things that I think are holding Tige back. 

Dealer support. Lots of people are turned off by not having a good dealer and immediately putting that towards the brand itself

and 

Easily being able to set up the wave.  This is where Tige lacks compared to supra, yes to make the best wave possible auto wake isn’t the greatest. It’s for those newbies on there first time out who like to spread the word on how it sucks after after 30 minuets of surfing. This relates to proper dealer support, I see pictures of many dealers putting out crappy waves. Yet properly dialed in it’s one of the top 3 surf boats right now. 

Compared to supra I believe Tige has a much nicer fit and finish compared to say supra and centurion but that’s just me. The new rzx line is killer, hence why I own one...

59 minutes ago, nyryan2001 said:

Honest question:

since Supra has up’d their game they’re getting a lot of attention.

i see Supra and Tige about tied.... why doesn’t Tige get the mid-level attention Supra gets?

I don't think they are tied .. at least from about 3 yrs ago out here in Midwest in northern Indiana Supra is a common site while tige is a rare sighting..

59 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I don't think they are tied .. at least from about 3 yrs ago out here in Midwest in northern Indiana Supra is a common site while tige is a rare sighting..

It honestly depends on where you are. Up here in western Canada Seca Marine is one of Tige’s best dealerships and they totally outrun supra sales. Now that wizard doesn’t sell Malibu, Nautique and Tige are one of the most popular. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, Pnwrider said:

To be honest, no idea what rpms are surfing. My wife is usually driving and asking her about rpms is like speaking a foreign language. My issue is the boat is doing 4K rpms at 25 mph. 

I was seeing ~27 mph at 4k rpms with the 2277 over the weekend.