Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 Build

Raimie

8 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Awesome. I will try that.

There is one other caveat to this discussion that I will probably also take heat for... I have a pre-pay cell plan that limits my 4G data to 3 gigs. I would think a few hours every week on the boat won't be an issue, but it's something I will have to keep in mind. You get data past the 3 gigs, but it is really slow and probably wouldn't stream music. So, utilizing the USB loaded with mp3s is still desirable for me. (Not that I can't use a multi-faceted approach)

You can probably download songs/playlists on WiFi for playback later. That way you won’t use data for music. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

You can probably download songs/playlists on WiFi for playback later. That way you won’t use data for music. 

I second that. Once again I am unfamiliar with Android but on my IPhone using Apple Music I can download the music locally to my phone while on Wi-Fi at home and it uses no data while playing my music once it is locally downloaded. 

20 minutes ago, Raimie said:

There is one other caveat to this discussion that I will probably also take heat for... I have a pre-pay cell plan that limits my 4G data to 3 gigs. I would think a few hours every week on the boat won't be an issue, but it's something I will have to keep in mind. You get data past the 3 gigs, but it is really slow and probably wouldn't stream music. So, utilizing the USB loaded with mp3s is still desirable for me. (Not that I can't use a multi-faceted approach)

The amazon app lets you download playlists, so you could do that while you are on wifi.

21 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Depending on how ethical you want to be there are plenty of websites that will convert youtube videos into Mp3 files on your computer. Google search youtube URL to Mp3 and you should find plenty of hits. You can save all of your favorite songs into a folder/flash drive to later plug and play in the boat if you have a USB port in your stereo deck. Would eliminate the service cap as long as the flash drive reads correctly.

Like I mentioned previously, it's not the most ethical solution (Pandora through bluetooth works for me), so it's at the user's discretion.

I have definitely used the less ethical method in the above comments. Much more work and not as good of sound quality from what I remember. It was several years ago when I was in high school but nonetheless I did use that method.

The way @shawndoggy is talking about Amazon Prime I might have to steal my FIL login info(that's perfectly ethical right?). Amazon Prime sounds legit. 

10 minutes ago, MattyICE15 said:

Depending on how ethical you want to be there are plenty of websites that will convert youtube videos into Mp3 files on your computer. Google search youtube URL to Mp3 and you should find plenty of hits. You can save all of your favorite songs into a folder/flash drive to later plug and play in the boat if you have a USB port in your stereo deck. Would eliminate the service cap as long as the flash drive reads correctly.

Like I mentioned previously, it's not the most ethical solution (Pandora through bluetooth works for me), so it's at the user's discretion.

I have tons of music in mp3 form so that isn't the issue. The issue is getting organized in a way that's easy to play through what comes with SP1. On my '14 I also utilized a USB drive with a couple thousand songs on it. But, there was no play list, it just constantly shuffled the music. I'd like to have 5-6 playlists set up so it's easy to change music for my mom.

8 minutes ago, Raimie said:

I have tons of music in mp3 form so that isn't the issue. The issue is getting organized in a way that's easy to play through what comes with SP1. On my '14 I also utilized a USB drive with a couple thousand songs on it. But, there was no play list, it just constantly shuffled the music. I'd like to have 5-6 playlists set up so it's easy to change music for my mom.

I've actually never played music through a flash drive but I know people have and had success this way. If you plug it into your computer you should be able to "right-click" and create sub folders. If you are able to select these sub folders in the boat that would accomplish the individual playlist concern. If you can't dig in to additional folders then you would be correct when referencing one single bucket of songs.

But just as it sounds explaining it, this way isn't the most current or top of the chain in terms of quality. Just wanted to present it as option in case all others don't fit your needs/desires.

I pay for Spotify premium during the summer as reception is spotty at the lake and then you aren’t used data either. 

I also have a flash drive with over 10gb if songs that are separated into folders that you can easily make on your computer. The headunit shows the folder name and the song name while playing. You can change folders or songs within a folder very easily. That’s what I’d recommend if you don’t care about having the most current music. 

• Like 2

I liked how my iPhone play lists worked directly on the headunit on my boat but my worked switched us to androids and it was always a pain.  I just bought a pack of cheap flash drives and each drive was a Playlist.  Plug one in,  hit random play and we were good to go. 

On 9/12/2017 at 5:23 PM, Anderson24 said:

No worries! I can handle all the questions! I got the 2773. It's the torque/high altitude prop. It is plenty for the boat...and maybe too much. I haven't found what it can't pull yet. The hole shot is ridiculous (especially with lift mode). I may order another prop that will reduce the rpms, and keep the 2773 as a spare. Waiting for more info to what that prop would be. 

And I'll check on the cup holders. And the cleats too. I just keep forgetting all the stuff I'm supposed to look at!

Did you ever check on the flat spots for the cleats? My spray date is Dec 14th for my 18 T22.

So, we went to our dealer Polar Bear event today and there was an A24 on display. After looking it over, the hubby didn't say 'no way'...all he said is whatever you can afford baby... hmmmm...might have to reconsider my order... @IXFE @Stevo @ahopkinsTXi

The only other thing he said about it was... will that sell as easy as the 22 did? Going to loose some sleep over this tonight...

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Raimie said:

So, we went to our dealer Polar Bear event today and there was an A24 on display. After looking it over, the hubby didn't say 'no way'...all he said is whatever you can afford baby... hmmmm...might have to reconsider my order... @IXFE @Stevo @ahopkinsTXi

The only other thing he said about it was... will that sell as easy as the 22 did? Going to loose some sleep over this tonight...

Nooooooo - we were gonna be '18 T22 buddies!!! haha

Just now, Raimie said:

I know...but...have you see the a24?:yahoo:

I have, it was nice and I'm sure the surf wave is ridiculous :)  But I just don't want that big of a boat, I want the nimbleness of a 22'!

10 minutes ago, Wavemaker said:

I have, it was nice and I'm sure the surf wave is ridiculous :)  But I just don't want that big of a boat, I want the nimbleness of a 22'!

Maybe @NAW can chime in but word on the street is that the 18 T22 surf wave may edge out the 18 A24 wave a bit. 

Edited by st22eve
1 minute ago, st22eve said:

Maybe @NAW can chime in but word on the street is that the 18 T22 surf wave may edge out the 18 A24 wave a bit. 

That would be great since I'm getting an '18 T22, but I highly doubt it will edge out a boat over 2ft longer and heavier.  But from everything I've been hearing/reading, both the '18 T22 and '18 A24 is a significant improvement over the previous years model (and not just because of the PW2)

50 minutes ago, Wavemaker said:

I'm right there with you. I haven't driven the 24 to compare it, however.

@Raimie... I haven’t demo’d either of the new T’s; I feel like @ahopkinsTXi, @Anderson24, and @Fman will have better input that I do. 

However, I can say this... I was a little nervous when I stepped up from 23 to 25 last year. It kinda felt like ordering the triple cheeseburger at Wendy’s. I mean, does anybody order that thing?  It’s excessive. But I was encouraged by @Bawshogg who went big many years ago, had great results, and told me I’d never go back. Man, I loved the 25. My family is kinda pissed at me for selling it. Anywho... the point is that you should NOT be afraid to go BIG.  There’s really no such thing as too big. Even if your crew is small, the space is NICE!  The new A24 might be one of the best BIG boats at any price. I really like it. And since you’ve already done the T22, I encourage you to mix it up. It’s not like you’re gonna hate it. :lol:

• Like 3

I mean..... think about every guy that  came AFTER Mr. Jonny Wad .... 

Everything just leaves you with that "underwhelmed" feeling. 

Same ,Same here. 

Edited by Bawshogg
  • Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

All I can say is both are extremely nice boats now. I know I said it but the interiors are so much nicer, it really changes the whole boat. 

That said neither of us have been on the water in the A24 but I think we can trust the  reviews here. And of course @ADDICTED2WAKE's review. I don't think there is such of thing of "too much" space in a boat. I didn't really want to give that A24 back yesterday lol. 

Hard to say about resale. But no I don't think you will have an issue. Unless the economy falls out I don't see selling a 2-5 year old boat being difficult in the next 5 or so years. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi