Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 Build

Raimie

9 hours ago, Bawshogg said:

came AFTER Mr. Jonny Wad .... 

Lol,

No looking back for me either, I would say the 23 was nimble by any stretch, but the 25 is not much different. When they are loaded up I say the 25 handles better because I’m not running bow sac.

the extra space is awesome, can’t wait for the 28Lsv 

2 hours ago, Raimie said:

Alright, I slept on it and I am staying with the T22. I know I am not buying my "last boat"...maybe down the road...or maybe even the T24 in a few years :whistle:

Go big or go home. @ahopkinsTXi‘s A24 had me considering a boat change as well!

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

I don’t understand why a big boat has to be your last boat :dontknow:

I was saying that more as a joke since people on here talk about every boat purchase as their "last" boat. Then we see a build thread from them a year or two later...

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Bawshogg said:

Right??? Besides ,  there is always gonna be something bigger. That's just the way things go. 

When my kids are old enough to bring friends out (5 more years) and power wedge 3 and surf gate 2.0 are released on the all new A25 I'll have a great reason to upgrade 😉

• Like 4

We purposely demoed the T22 first and went into it with our list of things we were needing to get out of our new boat.  The T22 checked all of the boxes so we did not demo an A24.  

I'm sure the A24 would have also checked the same boxes but at an increased cost of the boat, towing it, and maintaining it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the factory installing the entry ladder and bow speakers or your dealer ?  I'm working on a 2018 t22 build and I've heard the factory is moving away from "custom builds"

Thanks

16 minutes ago, ChuckW said:

Is the factory installing the entry ladder and bow speakers or your dealer ?  I'm working on a 2018 t22 build and I've heard the factory is moving away from "custom builds"

Thanks

My dealer is still working on that. They are asking Malibu to install it, but if they don't want too, we are going to ask them ship the swim platform mat not attached to the platform. If they do it that way, I will install the ladder myself then put the mat on.

My dealer is going to do the bow speakers.

• 2 weeks later...

So...I think I am going to switch to Vapor Blue. Its such a tough decision because I think both blues look super awesome. Going to take a family vote on it, but I get to break the tie if needed. ;)

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, Raimie said:

Today I said goodbye to my 14 T22. Mixed emotions for sure, we all really loved that boat. Lots of tears shed by my kiddos...it is hard to sell a boat with a 4 & 6 year old around...here is my little guy hugging the boat one last time.

So, now the build process can start on a new one! Here is what I'm thinking so far...

IMG_20170911_111421343_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170909_080112285_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170909_075851262.jpg

3 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Vapor, gotta switch it up a little bit :whistle:

Last night I was showing the hubs both blues and telling him I am torn because they are both awesome. He said... why spend 60 grand on a boat if it looks exactly like the other one? 60k... :lol:

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, robbennett said:

Have you tried reversing the vapor blue and the white? 

I considered it because I think the logo looks best against white, but I prefer more white on the transom. If I switch, you get a blue swim platform and a completely blue rear end. Look awesome, but not ideal for me.

48 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Spraying 1/2/18...

IMG_20171222_155419.jpg

I like! We might have twinning boats next year. Ours will be metal flake blue tho and an A24... Love it tho! The white tower is killer! What interior colors did you get?

Stoked to see pictures of the real thing!

• Like 2
On 11/3/2017 at 10:35 AM, Raimie said:

Has anyone seen any pictures of a 2018 Axis (any model) with a white hull and the deck track option? If so, please share or point me to them! Torn between the factory option or ordering some grey pieces from gatorstep...

Getting the build narrowed down...

build.jpg

@CBray4 Same as above but in vapor