Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A24

tn_rider

16 hours ago, bamaboy said:

Yeah Heyday is just killing it in the sub 50K abomination category right now

LMBO....FRANKENFLOAT...

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

I saw a heyday at shasta last week.  Driver was absolutely wrecking his kids on the tubes.

I saw it too! It will take me some time to get used to that look. Not pretty..

I saw a Heyday going to my lake on Saturday.  Even uglier in person.  They were coming as we were leaving, otherwise, I would have been 'that guy' and gone over to take a peek and talk to the owner.  

On 8/4/2017 at 4:57 AM, Raimie said:

The gap between Axis and Malibu is closing. I am a little surprised that they are going this way. I realize that everything is an option, but I feel like we are going to start seeing Axis boats pushing 100k....which is 180 degrees from their origins.  

Why the surprise? Didn't they do the exact same thing with the Ride series too?

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Is this a Heyday  thread or an A24 thread. 

$40K difference between A24 and MXZ - I'm not sure anymore if it is worth it.    A lot of it comes down to aesthetics now.    It used to be we'd justify it based on PW2, tranny ratios, engines, etc.  If all that is functionally equal, you're just talking looks of the boats and your need/wants for more bling and touchscreens.    This also assumes the waves/wakes are similar.   

ahopkins22LSV

40K is still a huge difference IMO and there is still a noticeable different between Malibu and Axis. Nothing bad, but it depends on what you want. Axis has went up in price, but if you guys think back to the days of when Axis first came out, it was much much needed.

21 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

40K is still a huge difference IMO and there is still a noticeable different between Malibu and Axis. Nothing bad, but it depends on what you want. Axis has went up in price, but if you guys think back to the days of when Axis first came out, it was much much needed.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I just see it differently.  I don't think Axis "needed" any of what they've done the last 5 years.  As a former two time Axis owner, I wish they weren't going this direction.  I'm not singling you out hop, but I don't understand the perspective that it needs to be a cheaper Malibu.  I didn't see anything wrong with an engine, tower, and PNP for a reasonable price.   

• Like 4
ahopkins22LSV
37 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I just see it differently.  I don't think Axis "needed" any of what they've done the last 5 years.  As a former two time Axis owner, I wish they weren't going this direction.  I'm not singling you out hop, but I don't understand the perspective that it needs to be a cheaper Malibu.  I didn't see anything wrong with an engine, tower, and PNP for a reasonable price.   

I can understand that, but the only thing I felt needed to change was the interior and materials used on the early on Axis boats. They were not acceptable IMO. I do like that if we were to switch to primarily surfing that Axis has a lot of options that will produce amazing waves for much less than a new Malibu. As much as I would love to go buy a 23 or 25 LSV that just would not be feasible, but a T22 is for sure.

53 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I just see it differently.  I don't think Axis "needed" any of what they've done the last 5 years.  As a former two time Axis owner, I wish they weren't going this direction. 

What specifically don't you like about the direction axis has gone? Price increase? Options? 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I can understand that, but the only thing I felt needed to change was the interior and materials used on the early on Axis boats. They were not acceptable IMO. I do like that if we were to switch to primarily surfing that Axis has a lot of options that will produce amazing waves for much less than a new Malibu. As much as I would love to go buy a 23 or 25 LSV that just would not be feasible, but a T22 is for sure.

1 hour ago, Pnwrider said:

What specifically don't you like about the direction axis has gone? Price increase? Options? 

Hopkins almost nailed it, actually (in the inverse).  

I get it.  No one would have picked out the original dash and materials...but it saved money.   The dash design was picked for its ability to be produced at a cost-efficient price and be simple, and outdated was fine.  I saw nothing at all wrong with it.  I also saw nothing at all wrong with the materials.  I saw nothing wrong with not having GPS speed control.  I saw nothing wrong with no power wedge, and frankly, no surfgate.  It was a cost-effective way to have great performance without making it a Cobalt.  Now the vinyl is same as Malibu (some).  Now it has LCD screens, GPS, etc etc.  That's not what Axis was about.  I mean, Axis can be whatever it wants, but I would much rather it shave 10K off the price in materials and tech and stay true to its first mission of great performance at a great price.  Is a $75,000 + Axis still a "great price" on a fiberglass tub?  

5 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

I saw nothing wrong with not having GPS speed control.  I saw nothing wrong with no power wedge, and frankly, no surfgate.  It was a cost-effective way to have great performance without making it a Cobalt.  Now the vinyl is same as Malibu (some).  Now it has LCD screens, GPS, etc etc.  That's not what Axis was about.  I mean, Axis can be whatever it wants, but I would much rather it shave 10K off the price in materials and tech and stay true to its first mission of great performance at a great price.  Is a $75,000 + Axis still a "great price" on a fiberglass tub?  

And back then what was the price delta between Malibu and axis? You still can shave 10k off the price. You brought up power wedge and surfgate, get rid of those two OPTIONS and you just saved over $7500 off msrp. Unfortunately you are stuck with the upgraded dash (still cheap compared to Malibu helm), 5 year warranty, and upgraded engine... not sure if you can uncheck speed control or not. 

11 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

And back then what was the price delta between Malibu and axis? You still can shave 10k off the price. You brought up power wedge and surfgate, get rid of those two OPTIONS and you just saved over $7500 off msrp. Unfortunately you are stuck with the upgraded dash (still cheap compared to Malibu helm), 5 year warranty, and upgraded engine... not sure if you can uncheck speed control or not. 

zero off is certainly optional.

(and totally worth it IMHO)

nobody responded..how much does the new A24 weigh?  the heavier the better.  for surfing anyways.  I had a 15 A22.  I loved that it had all that it did.  surfgate ..manual wedge..pnp..and the toggle switches were fine. they never screwed up.  not to mention the SP3. the old A24 weighed 4500 if the new one weighs ..say 5000 and carries more ballast then that will be great.

I like that the batteries are up front but anyone know if it can only hold 2? I would do 3-4 personally with 3 being minimum and that helps with bow weight as Axis boats all need when towing/surfing 

ahopkins22LSV
7 minutes ago, TexasA24 said:

I like that the batteries are up front but anyone know if it can only hold 2? I would do 3-4 personally with 3 being minimum and that helps with bow weight as Axis boats all need when towing/surfing 

We don't know that about the new A24 or T22 redesign.