Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Intro - 1992 Malibu Skier

jkskier

Success!

Oil pressure is steady as a rock at all RPMs and she is idling much much better.  Fresh gas (in the tank, not the oil pan!) must have helped with the latter.  I think some fine tuning could still be done, but we've really been able to enjoy this boat the last couple of days.  I did have one moment where raw water was dripping from behind one of the pulleys, but it hasn't happened since so we'll just have to keep an eye on it.  Exhaust elbows are staying cool enough.

Since I've essentially blown my budget for this year, my toy arsenal consists of a tow rope, a binding-less slalom ski, and an assortment of paddle boards.  We had some fun yesterday pulling our friends on the paddle boards.  

That was until we almost watched someone get run over on the lake.  We were stopped near the buoy line by the shore, and a pontoon boot was stopped another 50 yards out from us.  First boat decides to thread the needle and right as their wakeboarder got between our two boats, he fell.  Second boat had its nose in the air pulling a tube and was bearing down on the fallen wakeboarder - he also wants to shoot the gap.  I don't know if it was my yelling that caught his attention or if he finally saw the downed boarder, but he stopped at the last second and I lit into him like there was no tomorrow.  Too much stupidity for a small lake on a holiday weekend.  We packed it in and went back to the dock.  

Still managed to end the day on a high note though, as the neighbors were throwing a taco feed.  Mmmmm...

• 9 months later...

jkskier, would you mind getting me some pics of the hatch open on your boat?  I am trying to figure out how the engine hatch mounts with the hinges.  I think I am missing a piece that goes in the piece that goes under the seat.  Just trying to understand how all of that works.   

Also, does your boat have points or an electronic ignition?

Thanks

Jon

Hi Jon, the hatch is upside down in my garage right now so you'll have to picture it flipped right side up.  Let me know if you need anything further.

Hinge1.jpg

Hinge2.jpg

Oh, and I have points.  I called Pertronix to ask about a conversion kit but as soon as I told them I have the Thunderbolt IV system they said I was out of luck.

Thanks for the pics.  Looks like they changed the design from 1991 to 1992 where the hatch hinges go.  Thanks for the quick response on everything!

Jon