Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LS3 Oil Change

Filter will still have some oil in it.

Can't seem to get all the oil out like in a vehicle.  I think you have done your best and have plenty out.  Don't worry about the amount that remains and fill it up to the mark.  If you are changing yearly or every 50ish hours a little old oil won't cause any issues.  

I used a bag and unscrewed it. There was a lot of oil in it and it all got in the bag. Maybe 1 or 2 drips until I could get new filter on. I just put in 5 quarts.  It's a little below max level.  Don't want to put too much in.  

I thank you all again for your help. 

Maybe one last question since you are familiar with the engine. I bought a sea strainer for this engine since my lake is a little mucky and has some plants. Indmar said to put it right after the water shut off valve or after the water pick up valve if there is no shut off. 

Do you know where this is? 

Thanks, 

Tyler 

52 minutes ago, tylersajan said:

I used a bag and unscrewed it. There was a lot of oil in it and it all got in the bag. Maybe 1 or 2 drips until I could get new filter on. I just put in 5 quarts.  It's a little below max level.  Don't want to put too much in.  

I thank you all again for your help. 

Maybe one last question since you are familiar with the engine. I bought a sea strainer for this engine since my lake is a little mucky and has some plants. Indmar said to put it right after the water shut off valve or after the water pick up valve if there is no shut off. 

Do you know where this is? 

Thanks, 

Tyler 

If you follow the hose from the back of the impeller housing, you should be able to find it.  Alternatively, you could look at the intake under the boat, you can ballpark it under the floor.